PN-G vs Willis Predictions

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I don't see #60 having a very good night going up against lumpy and Nicotre. I know this is a older video but I am not impressed at all. They all seem slow and not sure of what they need to be doing. After watching this video I do feel more confident in our boys winning.

indianforever

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I don't see #60 having a very good night going up against lumpy and Nicotre. I know this is a older video but I am not impressed at all. They all seem slow and not sure of what they need to be doing. After watching this video I do feel more confident in our boys winning.

i also think we make it to round 3 easily!!

badndn

500+ Posts
Don't be so naive. This is one of the underclass teams. Most likely the JV. Look at the 2:10 mark on the video and tell me what you see sitting on the benches!!!

It's the Freshman team without pads after their game. That don't happen on Friday Nights.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I think you are right badndn. I don't believe Willis Varsity got beat 16-8 this year in any game. Plus the officials were wearing shorts - never saw that in a varsity game.

lu cards

100+ Posts
we would beat that team by 100.i watched about 30 seconds and was thinking willis is really small and very slow.then i realized it was probably there jv.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Yeah...after watching it better it HAS to be JV or Freshman. There is another one later in the season but it's prob same team. If someone finds a video of their varsity please share...I'd like to check it out. Sorry for the mix up.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I know we are all confident in our Indians, but for those who think Willis is going to roll over for us, you may be in for a surprise Saturday. This team is 9-2 and I am sure they have a lot of confidence in themselves. The fact that they beat Kingwood Park is impressive...yes the Kingwood Park team that just knocked #2 Brenham out of the playoffs. I am sure the coaches and team respect Willis and are taking them very seriously. This is the time of year when the margin for error is very small and we can take no team lightly. The last thing I want to be doing next weekend is watching college football in my livivng room. I want to be making a road trip along with 10 thousand of my purple clad friends to watch our Indians strap it on again. I expect a hard fought game by both teams Saturday and I think Willis definitely has earned some respect.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. Overconfidence is deadly.

It's all about the individual matchups. All it takes is is one standout to give a team fits. Anyone remember Lamar Consolidated and 'Quiz' Rodgers?

But you know that Faircloth will have the team ready and focused.

NDN79

500+ Posts
At this point in the season every opponent is a quality opponent no matter what their records are and must be respected. It is a very exciting time of the season for PN-G fans who realize how each team from here on out will give their best effort to defeat the Indians. Coach Faircloth and his great staff will have the Indians prepared, primed, and pumped-up and ready to
take on each opponent they face the rest of the way. So get your popcorn ready :popcorn: it's going to be fun and you are not going to want to miss the action and excitement!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I think ya'll are right. THat has to be a JV team. THat guard is super small. I've searched for a video of the varsity and have had no luck. My wife graduated with a guy who lives there and his son is on the team. I asked him if he knew of any video and he told me there may be some on you tube but wasn't sure. He told me that our crowd would more than likely be the largest crowd Willis will play in front of this year so far. He told me he hopes their team don't get intimidated by the INDIAN fans and the noise and the band. He gave me a scouting report of their team over the net. He said their D is somewhat suspect but they are very fast and quick to the ball. Their D line is suspect but they do have a good solid D ends. Their linebackers and super quick and hard hitting. Their O is what has kept them in the games this year he told me. They do run a multiple set O and spread the ball around very well. He said their QB can pass very accurately and can scramble and has some good moves and break away speed in the open. Their running backs are all fast and shifty he said. They are a quick strike offense. Their O line has some size and are able to open up some good size holes for the backs. They have a few linemen that are fast and they use them on pulling plays. He said they have a very tall receiver who is like 6'4-5" tall. The QB just tosses up the ball and he goes up and gets it. He said they also run a few trick plays per game.

Of course this is a players father telling me about the team so it is somewhat biased. But this is about all he would tell me. Looks like we may have a good hard game on our hands. So lets all be super loud and intimidate their players with our crowd. This game will come down to execution of plays and who makes the mistakes and can capitalize off of them. If we can stop their O and make em go 4 and out a few times and we score then we should come out on top by a minimum of 7.

Lets go boys ! Lets make it super loud Fans !

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
make no mistake Indians! No teams laying down no teams underestimating our boys! Mental preparation is key to unleashing a relentless effort.Saturday will be your time to shine.There will be many to watch this It's your time Indians!!! Willis must fear the spear!!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Just go word from the Willis players dad that they downloaded Cherokee nation and are mocking it and making fun of it !

katfan

Willis fan here and I would like to say we have nothing but respect and admiration for your program. Most of us remember the beating we took in 03. The scouting report from earlier is somewhat accurate, the district is pretty weak and we have had a hard time keeping good teams from scoring. I look forward to the game and wanted to wish you luck. Here is some video of our Varsity , that video from earlier is our freshman team.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1409854875&ref=ts#!/video/video.php?v=175642535781552&oid=143908402322839&comments

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
:welcome: katfan! Glad to have you here! Thanks for the video and good luck and safe travels tomorrow! Should be one heck of a game and a whole lot of purple!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores