PN-G Wins the Battle of the Bands - October 12, 2024

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I don't know anything about the Battle of the Bands competition, but I believe the PN-G Purple Pride Band won the event. I hear they are the Grand Champions. I'm not sure if this Battle of the Bands is part of the UIL Marching Contest or something completely different, but anytime PN-G wins something, I like to post it on this message board. Usually, PN-G marching bands win the UIL contest and advance to the regional and state competitons. The Purple Pride Band has a strong history of being the best of the best. Maybe someone smarter than me can chime-in and explain the Battle of the Bands competition. Whatever it is, I am proud of the PN-G students who won. Thanks for carrying on the Honor, Pride, and Tradition of PN-G's world famous Purple Pride Band. Rock on!

GO INDIANS!

bandkid

Staff member
Battle of the Bridges, I believe. It’s not part of the UIL marching competition structure. It’s an independent marching festival. But I’m not surprised PN-G won it, and I believe this is the second or third time in the last five or six years.

19PNGndn68

I don't know anything about the Battle of the Bands competition, but I believe the PN-G Purple Pride Band won the event. I hear they are the Grand Champions. I'm not sure if this Battle of the Bands is part of the UIL Marching Contest or something completely different, but anytime PN-G wins something, I like to post it on this message board. Usually, PN-G marching bands win the UIL contest and advance to the regional and state competitons. The Purple Pride Band has a strong history of being the best of the best. Maybe someone smarter than me can chime-in and explain the Battle of the Bands competition. Whatever it is, I am proud of the PN-G students who won. Thanks for carrying on the Honor, Pride, and Tradition of PN-G's world famous Purple Pride Band. Rock on!

GO INDIANS!
Shout out to our PNGISD and School Administrators, school sponsors for involving so many students in the marching band, indianettes, cheerleaders, and Indian spirt.
Other schools state wide have dramatically reduced participation in these spirit support groups.
Their precision and execution on the field is a thing of beauty. Our football team may be intimidating on the field but these spirit support groups create the entire overwhelming and intimidating game experience. Thanks for all the hard work. Who are we!!!! PNG

19PNGndn68

Shout out to our PNGISD and School Administrators, school sponsors for involving so many students in the marching band, indianettes, cheerleaders, and Indian spirt.
Other schools state wide have dramatically reduced participation in these spirit support groups.
Their precision and execution on the field is a thing of beauty. Our football team may be intimidating on the field but these spirit support groups create the entire overwhelming and intimidating game experience. Thanks for all the hard work. Who are we!!!! PNG
When the PNG band plays and the Indianettes perform to run away baby the game is over and the other team knows it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores