PN-G's Faircloth May Attract Interest From Permian [Bob West, PA News, 12/21/12]

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
http://panews.com/sports/x2056563700/PN-Gs-Faircloth-may-attract-interest-from-Permian.

"Certainly, I’m familiar with the people out there and it’s very flattering any time anybody is interested in you,” Faircloth said. “But I haven’t been contacted and am not looking. I love being the coach at PN-G and my wife and kids love it here. There are not many places I’d leave here to take another job.

“I know we’re coming off a tough season, but I believe we have a good thing going here. I’m excited about the future. We’ve put a lot of hard work into getting a program established and getting the things we do offensively and defensively implemented down through middle school and even into third and fourth graders into junior football.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Board Comment [not part of the article] - PN-G is a special place. We need to get the indoor practice facility built, continue investing in our teachers, students, schools, and facilities, and we need to keep building upon our values of HONOR, PRIDE, and TRADITION. The communities of Port Neches and Groves always come together to provide the best in education and extracurricular programs. We are PN-G.

Go Indians. Peace.

bandkid

Staff member
We've talked about this before here. Faircloth is setting PN-G up to be successful in the long term, not just in years where we have abundant talent. The program he is building from the ground up will benefit PN-G well into the future.

We've got a great coach. I'm glad it looks like we'll get to keep him.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Before it's over, Coach Faircloth will be considered the best head coach in PN-G history. :thumbsup:

1989NDN is right, do what it takes to build the indoor facility. These days that's not an extravagance. It will eventually be the norm for any 4A or 5A program that's serious about football.

png94

100+ Posts
That is a fact, was told this morning from a very reliable source that coach told them that he was contacted and refused an interview. He wants to stay here. He knows what talent he has comin these next few years and i dont blame him! Go Indians!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm guessing Coach Faircloth is excited about the future talent levels. I know from personally speaking with him in the past, that he genuinely likes PN-GISD. He and his wife like the school district. Taxpayers in Port Neches and Groves have invested in school buildings and infrastructure. The teachers of PN-GISD constantly produce academic excellence. Look at the ISD's test scores and ratings. The cost of living in Port Neches and Groves is manageable, the school district is a leader, not a follower, and the citizens of Port Neches and Groves walk the walk when it comes time to support PN-GISD...be it money, time, fundraising, attending events, teaching and passing down tradition, etc. There are a lot of things to love about PN-G. It does not surprise me at all that Coach and Mrs. Faircloth want to be at PN-G. It is a great place to raise a young family. Plus, the food in SETX is second to none. All you have to do is put up with a few hurricanes, a few mosquitos, and a little humidity. Football is king, you can fish, go to the lake or the beach, and when you have a need, the communities of Port Neches and Groves will rally for you.

We need to raise the money to get the indoor practice facility built...keep giving ALL PN-G students the tools they need for success...a big thank you to the PN-G Educational Foundation that recently distributed funds to PN-GISD teachers. if you can, please support the PN-G Educational Foundation. Our teachers do a masterful job molding young men and women inside the classroom. We need to support them and their ideas.

We are PN-G. Go Indians. Peace.

bandkid

Staff member
1989NDN said:
I'm guessing Coach Faircloth is excited about the future talent levels. I know from personally speaking with him in the past, that he genuinely likes PN-GISD. He and his wife like the school district. Taxpayers in Port Neches and Groves have invested in school buildings and infrastructure. The teachers of PN-GISD constantly produce academic excellence. Look at the ISD's test scores and ratings. The cost of living in Port Neches and Groves is manageable, the school district is a leader, not a follower, and the citizens of Port Neches and Groves walk the walk when it comes time to support PN-GISD...be it money, time, fundraising, attending events, teaching and passing down tradition, etc. There are a lot of things to love about PN-G. It does not surprise me at all that Coach and Mrs. Faircloth want to be at PN-G. It is a great place to raise a young family. Plus, the food in SETX is second to none. All you have to do is put up with a few hurricanes, a few mosquitos, and a little humidity. Football is king, you can fish, go to the lake or the beach, and when you have a need, the communities of Port Neches and Groves will rally for you.

We need to raise the money to get the indoor practice facility built...keep giving ALL PN-G students the tools they need for success...a big thank you to the PN-G Educational Foundation that recently distributed funds to PN-GISD teachers. if you can, please support the PN-G Educational Foundation. Our teachers do a masterful job molding young men and women inside the classroom. We need to support them and their ideas.

We are PN-G. Go Indians. Peace.

:thumbsup:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I also heard today that he wants to "Stay @ PNG". Great news for PNGISD and the entire program... not just football. I was excited to hear that. Can't WAIT till football season!
Thanks Coach!!!! :thumbsup:

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I also heard that Coach BF has said he has decided not to apply for the OP job and wants to stay here with us Purple-blooded folks.

StraightArrow

I hope that when Coach Faircloth does decide ( not anytime soon ) to hang it up, our school officials will make a place for him in the Administration area. He is of such great character, we do not need to let his kind get away from us.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Purple Dove said:
You mean for Supt. or Asst. Supt. ?
??????????????????????????
one thing almost ALL Sup.s are ex coaches.

If you think about it coaches run the districts - Seriously!!

BISD - Thomas (was)
PAISD - Brown
Png - Canvess
Ned. - not sure
BCISD - King
Kountze - Weldon/Briggs
and the list goes on.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores