PNG 7 on 7 schedule UPDATE ! ! !

badndn

500+ Posts
From SETXSports posted 6/25/09 at 11:15 PM:

"PA did not get banned and there's always two sides to every story. They chose not to compete in any more league games. Please state facts and not assumptions Dz3ii. One fact is Memorial only had 4 starters there. They beat PNG without there top 3 WR's (Nate Davis, K'Sean Wesley, and Shaq White). As for Central we will settle that match August 28 in Beaumont, when the pads are put on."

and this was posted last night just after the one above??

"The GOAT thinks this as been blown out of proportion. The GOAT thinks you guys are happy we're (PAM) so say being kicked out. Is it because we've been winning this whole 7 on 7 season. I know png is happy after that whipping they took tonight, i guess now they can quit running and hiding. png should have been kicked-out a long time ago the have been missing games. O well it is what it is, The GOAT doesn't condone fighting but we are dealing with some hot headed no-it-all teenagers that like to talk trash, So if you guys need to kick us out o-well,y'all weren't helping us anyway. "

Looks like the folks at Memorial for some reason think we played them last night and got whooped?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Between the aweful grammar and the jumbled up comments, I really couldn't understand that post. Couldn't tell who was talking about who.

Stay in school boys & girls!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Does anyone know if we have a 7 on 7 game Tuesday? And if so.....where? The schedule had it at Memorial, but if they are no longer in the 7 on 7, I would think it would not be there.
My intent was to check on it at Monday's 7 on 7 practice.......rained out. I did go by at 6:00 and only saw Doty and a receiver at the field. They had not heard anything. At the very least I will go by the field house in the morning. I will post what ever I find.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
According to some of the team, the 7 on 7 game for Tuesday has been canceled. We do not know yet if a game will be rescheduled for Thursday.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Hey, so whatever happened with all this 7 on 7. My stepson plays for Round Rock Stony Point and since he is also by default curious about PN-G (because of me), we noticed in the Beaumont Enterprise that PN-G didn't qualify for state. I thought they were doing really good??

I'll be in A&M next weekend taking him over there for Stony Point's appearance and was really looking forward to seeing PN-G, so was he.

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
15PNG said:
Hey, so whatever happened with all this 7 on 7. My stepson plays for Round Rock Stony Point and since he is also by default curious about PN-G (because of me), we noticed in the Beaumont Enterprise that PN-G didn't qualify for state. I thought they were doing really good??

I'll be in A&M next weekend taking him over there for Stony Point's appearance and was really looking forward to seeing PN-G, so was he.
They weren't in any of the State Qualifying Tourney's.

1984NDN

PN-G 9th grade will be in college station on Wednesday July 8th in 7 on 7. Think they get to play 3 games. These kids were able to participate in this tournament last year for the first time and did pretty well for their first time to ever play 7 on 7. They received some really good complements from the other teams they played who had been playing tournaments from previous March. Can't wait, I'll be there cheering them on!

Scalp'em NDN'S :helmet:

badndn

500+ Posts
1984NDN said:
PN-G 9th grade will be in college station on Wednesday July 8th in 7 on 7. Think they get to play 3 games. These kids were able to participate in this tournament last year for the first time and did pretty well for their first time to ever play 7 on 7. They received some really good complements from the other teams they played who had been playing tournaments from previous March. Can't wait, I'll be there cheering them on!

Scalp'em NDN'S :helmet:
Well how'd it go with the freshman?
Is 7 on 7 done?

1984NDN

Lost the first two games and came from two touchdowns behind in the third game to win. There were to many dropped passes, in the first game and several TD"s called back for offsides and holding the ball to long (you 4 seconds to make the pass) in the second game. Just a little work and they will be right in the mix with these guys. Most of the teams there have been play tournaments for years already, this was just our second tournament. So really they are doing Farley well, just need to clean up the mistakes and they can be contenders.

Scalp'em NDN's

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Then the turnovers doesn't suprise me and the drop balls. From what I seen from the Jr. Highs last year all they did was pitch left and pitch right.

mdog

was there any coaching changes made? There was one that was going to happen but I believe the good ol boy syndrom was still in place.

mdog

based on the remark made on the earlier post of running left and then running right in the middle school, will things change when they did not make the changes with replacing the head coach in the groves.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
My comment was made in reference to the old system that was in place, The kids in the middle schools ran the same boring offense that the high school ran. These kids didn't have the fundementals to run a passing offense since all they did was run the ball. There has been a big change in the low levels from what i've seen and going to take a little time for these kids to learn the fundementals.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores