PNG (Faircloth) Getting Some Respect

badndn

500+ Posts
#29 State ranking by TxHS Football.com. Also top ranked team out of 20-4A.

http://www.texashsfootball.com/rankings/2009/preseason4a.htm

And when questioned on it they responded. Looks like their is alot of respect around the state for what BF did with Permian!

TexasHSFootball said:
Didn't we go though this two years ago with you guys on PN-G? Who was the one that platooned PN-G into a regional ranking despite them falling to 0-2 and not scoring a point .. only to see them make the playoffs later that season. Guess who had the last laugh that year... it was me.

bottom.gif

Okay lets.. do this like we did on the elitist 5A site
offtopic.gif

In terms of PN-G's ranking... I think you guys are, like the 3A crowd is doing with Orangefield, underestimating the value of a top notch coach and his abilities. With a solid defense returning, nine of eleven starters to be exact, will keep this team in virtually every game. On top of that, the coach you have at PN-G is partly responsible for Permian's resurgence in recent years. Yes, he is an offensive oriented coach, which should help PN-G's transition quicker than you think.

Lumberton... if you are doubting the Raiders again, you need your eyes checked. If it makes things even more enticing, I think Lumberton is a real sleeper in the district race and possibly the region. Sure, they lost Kyle Gillam and Hunter Howden.. the Lumberton defense will be fairly decent again 2009 and with the players they have coming in on offense, the Raiders have a shot to surprise people.

Beaumont Central... not only did they lose their coach, they have to deal with the loss of 18 starters. And you expect this team to be ranked in a district that is one of the better ones in the region?

Friendswood... yes they lost Jacob Karam.The Mustangs have 14 starters back and after reaching the state semi-finals. Among them is one of the area's top running back's in Andrew Cole. And from every person I have talked to, the QB that is replacing Karam, Peter Matzold (a junior FYI), is more than capable of stepping in without issues. I dont think Friendswood is going to miss a beat in 2009.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
WTG, TexasHSfootball! Glad I'm not alone in my predictions (or bragging-whatever you want to call it).

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds about right. This program is the real deal. All you naysayers, you'll find out soon enough. :helmet:

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Nice to see some respect its been a while since we have had any.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
All I can say is that when you've watched the Indians play almost every game since 1969, you learn to put your faith in the PNG Indians and their coaches. I also think we've gotten great coaches and they're doing a great job of motivating and getting more boys to go out for football. OMG, I can't wait for the first game. We even went out to the stadium yesterday and sat in our new seats (we traded) to "try 'em out". We got some funny looks from the coaches. I told them that we were ready for the game. lol!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
When questioned about the high ranking of PNG, texashsfootball said "With a solid defense returning, nine of eleven starters to be exact...". Where did they get this figure? Was there only two seniors starting on defense? I am not sure how many seniors there was but I am sure it was more than two.

badndn

500+ Posts
Yeah, they missed on that one a little bit. I may be incorrect, but I count 4 Sr. starters last year (Lynch, Gizzi, Gaspard and Spikes). Most of the line rotation were underclassmen and 2/3 of our LB corp were Jrs.

VegasNDN

Anyone notice that the PN-G faithful haters have yet to say a single word on this message board so far? It's as if the entire district is on pins and needles and we are just pressing forward business as usual without skipping a beat. I think Nederland is soaking in the fact that their run is done and they are writing checks their butts can't cash. Can I say "butts" on here?

pngfan1

VegasNDN said:
Anyone notice that the PN-G faithful haters have yet to say a single word on this message board so far? It's as if the entire district is on pins and needles and we are just pressing forward business as usual without skipping a beat. I think Nederland is soaking in the fact that their run is done and they are writing checks their butts can't cash. Can I say "butts" on here?
This is true, just go to bigned.com and you will see that Coach Faircloth and PNG is the first topic on their message board.Kind of funny isn't it? I can guarantee they are worried about it. It really is comical.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm repeating this but it's relevant o the topic. Nederland has had a decided coaching advantage over the years. And they led the series with 11 wins vs. 5 losses against the Indians since 1993. Out of those 11 Nederland wins, only 4 were by more than 7 points. The point being that even at a disadvantage, with Nederland knowing the PNG game plan, they still had their hands full.

With full recognition of Coach Neumann's abilities, that advantage can't help but be decidedly less. Faircloth is a new head coach, and new to SE Texas. But football is football and he, along with the talented staff he brought in will know what it takes to beat a Nederland.

Advantage over. Get ready to play some football.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores