PNG Indians @ Klein Oak

pngfan316

100+ Posts
This will be an interesting game in my opinion. Our offense will probably be 90% run, Chatagnier will keep their defense on their toes. Having a 4⭐️ OU commit like Courtland Guillory on Nunley all game will be an interesting matchup to watch. Even though Klein Oak is predicted to be last in their district, it could really go either way. PNG 35-14. Chatagnier 150+ Yards.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Klein Oak has a few talented skill position players with a lot of speed. It will be a good challenge to contain those players, especially the wide receivers and running back. This is a 6A team.

1724913398762.png

4-0-Niner

Klein Oak VS Klein Forest

This is one of their more recent games I could find from last year. I agree, that they certainly have some size and athleticism. It seems that they may struggle with discipline, for example guys on the backside of the play giving half hearted blocks. Additionally maybe a bit of "me ball" where some of their guys will take big risks looking to make highlight reel plays but come up short, potentially even leaving their assignment. But then again, high risk high reward I suppose. In this film I don't see anything too terrifying from their defensive line, looks like they like to play the defensive end on the weak side in a 2 point stance, probably looking for a speed rush in pass pro. Nothing our boys can't handle. LB's looked decent and they certainly like to blitz. Assuming it is the same young man, their quarterback has got some mobility. I think on the defensive side, maintaining contain on their QB will be a point of focus. They have good speed so they will spread the field, and our defensive line will flush him out of the pocket, so we will need our linebackers to hunt him down once he tucks and runs. I absolutely agree it will be a very interesting match up. I think our level of grittiness/ physicality will be a huge factor for us in this game. Speed is a great attribute for them, but we tend to be relentless and punishing which can often nullify speedy teams. All that being said, I know this isn't the same team on film, some of their guys have grown and matured potentially, but so have ours! Looking forward to a great competitive game, against a challenging team from a larger division. One thing I know for sure is the Indians will show up ready. Always be faithful. Scalp 'em!

CS

100+ Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think their QB this year will be different than him. They show a Junior as the started this season with a different number.

4-0-Niner

I'm not 100% sure but I think their QB this year will be different than him. They show a Junior as the started this season with a different number.
You're totally right, just checked MaxPreps, the guy in this film was a Senior last year. Thanks for pointing that out. At the same time, noting the 4.5 - 40 time in Osorio's bio above, I'm guessing more of the same? I guess we will see tomorrow. Until then I'm just a bunch of anticipation and speculation. Lol

Reactions: CS

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The way to neutralize a speedy back is meet him early in the backfield before he gains much momentum. Hernandez, Fuentes and others on the Indians D are up to that task.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores