PNG-TC scrimmage updates

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I couldn't make the scrimmage. If anyone is at the scrimmages please post some updates on all levels please.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Got a text that said Ky Walker looked incredible for the JV

pngfan66

500+ Posts
awesome. how was the JV and Freshmen overall ? Any score ? I know its just a scrimmage. But curiosity is eating me up ! lol

akifan94

500+ Posts
So the word is our offense could not move the ball. I think Walker needs a shot at a rotation with AJ to see if one can get the offense going. Waiting until district is waiting too long.

akifan94

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Offensive line is 60+ percent of that equation.

I agree with you. My post was based on what I saw in the Spring Game and then heard from the JV / Varsity scrimmage last night.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
The positive is that BF now knows what to work on. The other is that apparently AJ completed most of his passes. I knew they would run a very very basic offense. Seems like BF does that in scrimmages and the first few games. I know they will work hard this coming week and make things work alot better. Heard the D was decent but had a hard time wrapping up. That will be worked on next week as well I'm sure. Wish I could have made the game. My question is, did we get in the endzone 2 times and have them called back ? or just once ? Heard we had a long pass that went for a TD and was called back. As I find out more from players I will post em.

akifan94

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
The positive is that BF now knows what to work on. The other is that apparently AJ completed most of his passes. I knew they would run a very very basic offense. Seems like BF does that in scrimmages and the first few games. I know they will work hard this coming week and make things work alot better. Heard the D was decent but had a hard time wrapping up. That will be worked on next week as well I'm sure. Wish I could have made the game. My question is, did we get in the endzone 2 times and have them called back ? or just once ? Heard we had a long pass that went for a TD and was called back. As I find out more from players I will post em.

I agree. I have faith in Faircloth and I want AJ to succeed. They are just going to have to push the passing game beyond the 10 yard box it is operating in now (outside of an occasional go route) or teams with speed or going to crowd the line which is going to make it even harder for us to run.

Longbow

PNGfan66, we only got into the endzone one time that I remember. Ky Walker hit Brandon Bryan on about a 40 yard strike for a touchdown. I don't remember the varsity scoring any other time or having a TD called back.

PNGDAD15

I was talking to a friend today and they said that the freshman QB Morris go to throw some last night. Did anyone see how he did?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Adam Morse went 4 for 4. Great, especially considering the high pressure that he had to be under.
That report came from a friend of a friend, so take it with a grain of salt! :)

bandkid

Staff member
We have a lot of talent coming up the pipes. This season is just going to be a nail-biter.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Personally I think we are going to have a very good year. Not because I am biased with having a son playing. I think this scrimmage cleared some cob webs. We currently have a very talented team. AJ apparently did very well. Our receiving corp did well. Our run game was apparently not all that good. Our D was apparently in good form. MY son said they only ran a certain amount of O plays that BF choose. Same with the D. He said the coaches wanted to evaluate as many players in the scrimmage as possible. Now if I remember right it seems that over the last 3-4 years the teams have not done so well in scrimmages. But usually end up doing great in the season. The coaches know what they have to work on. Tackling, as with the past few years was an issue. Arm tackling. Players were usually in the right place to make the stop but tried to arm tackle. Then they get back to practice and work and work on tackling. Trust me you won't see much arm tackling against Silsbee. Coaches will put them thru a heck of a tackling practice. They did it last year and will do it again this year. O line needs more work from what I was told. But you do have a few new players who have to work harder to get into Friday Nite form.
I'm more optimistic about the team than sum. This will all start coming together quickly and you will see a much better PNG team come Friday Nite in Silsbee.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
Good post pngan66. Not a lot of fans could make it to the scrimmage and are hanging on every thread. Thanks for keeping us informed.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores