PNG vs Central

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Lets hear it !

PNG takes this one at the REZ ! The boys want it bad ! THis will be another great game. Central is beatable, Nederland took them down to the wire as did LCM. I know our boys can win this game and put em into the playoffs.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Treat it like a play-off game. Win and you get to keep playing. The offense will have to be on their "A" game. Great execution,no turn-overs, no mistakes. They can do it!!

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
There is no doubt that they can beat them ! They know it in there hearts ! They got this ! We as parents and fans got to let them know that we know they can ! ALL WEEK ! and THE WHOLE GAME ! :rocks:

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
As others have said Central is beatable. They will come to the Reservation on a mission after last year with a lot of attitude, talk a lot of smack and play dirty. Our guys just have to show up and take care of business. Don't let the attitude, smack and dirty play interfere with the game. Our guys can't allow personal foul penalties against us and turnovers contribute to a Central win. I trust that BF and company will have many words to the team on this very subject. They will have the guys prepared. Keep the penalties and turnovers to a minimum and at the end of 4 quarters, PNG will be victorious.

We as the fans need to be pumped for the game. We need to ready to be loud for the whole game. Come on INDIAN NATION let's show up with a little bit of attitude ourselves and show the Jags what the INDIAN NATION on the war path can bring to the game. GO INDIANS !! BEAT THE JAGS !! WOOOO WHOOOO !!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Been watching the Central/Lumberton game. Our defense and secondary are going to have to play very smart and very physical. Our outside linebackers are going to have to contain the corners and the outside. We get burnt to many times not containing the corners.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Central is not as strong as they are last year. They have a tendancy to start slow and let teams hang around. They have had problems with teams that have a good offense. I really like our chances. Score early and often and never let up. Do not let them make a game of it in the 3rd and fourth quarters.Be smart and play hard.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
We went to the game and Central waited til the 4th quarter to play ball. If they play us the first half like they played Lumberton, it will be 35 or more for PNG and 0 Central. They only scored late on end runs and speed. Contain that and we will win. PNG must play hard all four quarters.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

I went to the Central / Lum game last night, both teams pretty flat. Maybe, Central looking ahead to PNG. If Lum could tackle they would have beat Central. PNG by 14

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Central's #8 got hurt and put on a backboard and neck brace before leaving in the ambulance. Hope he is OK, but also hope he has to rest a couple of weeks. I don't want to hear that for an excuse from them. I know and all of you know (I'm pretty sure) that we can beat them fair and square! No excuses--just "smashmouth football".

badndn

500+ Posts
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
I went to the Central / Lum game last night, both teams pretty flat. Maybe, Central looking ahead to PNG. If Lum could tackle they would have beat Central. PNG by 14

Damon Heard was held out of the first half against Lumberton. Granted the first two TDs by Central were plays that lacked any tackling by Lumberton and a little Magic by central, but Heard got the corner and took the last two TDs to the house. Gotta contain him to beat Central.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I think if you go back and look at some of Centrals games you will find that several went down to the wire. They are just as a even team as ours. Some of their games were won off of penalties. Those that put them down to inside the 5 yard line. Some were because of poor Defensive tackling. Lumberton, Nederland, LCM. This Central team is not as good in my honest opinion as last years Central team. They are beatable and we will beat them ! Our boys want this victory ! I don't see Central resting any of their starters which could come to bite them in the butt. PNG is firing on all cylinders right now and I see Central maybe looking ahead of themselves into the playoffs. PNG knows they need to win to get a better seeding in the playoffs. Central is beatable in this district and our boys will prove it !

NDN79

500+ Posts
Good post '66. I completely agree with you.Central is not as good as last years team, but they are good and it will require a great effort on our part. If we play our game--we will beat them.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
We've just got to cut down on the cheap gifts, like those personal foul penalties. Other teams taunt us, and get those free yards, and that always hurts us. A game like this will need to be played almost flawless.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores