PNG vs. Lumberton

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
Re: PNG vs. Lumberton Game Updates

MightyNDNS said:
modmouse78 said:
what is the point of that post? What are u trying to say. i know a lot of people on this board and they all live here. Are you saying that we can't change anything?

Try it and see what happens....do you have kids in the district? You won't like what happens to them if you buck the system...been there done that...

PM me and I will tell exactly what happened on several occasions....

I agree with MightyNDNS, Modmouse. MightyNDNS knows firsthand about what he speaks and knows volumes. The "great" hand of the board will smack you or yours down before you realize it and dare you to do anything about it.

modmouse78

100+ Posts

i am not worried about it. my son and daughter are young. it will be five years before they start school and my oldest lives in bridge city. I know what you mean about things happening, because it happened to me. i graduated ten years ago, and my father did not go along with it. That is just my personality. i don't sugarcoat anything. if they don't like it, then oh well. i have spoke out plenty of times against both and i get dirty looks when i go to the school board meetings.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

modmouse78 said:
i am not worried about it. my son and daughter are young. it will be five years before they start school and my oldest lives in bridge city. I know what you mean about things happening, because it happened to me. i graduated ten years ago, and my father did not go along with it. That is just my personality. i don't sugarcoat anything. if they don't like it, then oh well. i have spoke out plenty of times against both and i get dirty looks when i go to the school board meetings.

We should sit together at those meetings - that way, they only have to look in one direction... :) Do you ever wonder to yourself, "Who do these people think they are?" Where do they think they are?

Wanted to add...it is one thing when it happens to you - but when it happens to your kids it is heart wrenching and they wonder why people get so mad, we are just protecting our kids and we lose all rational thought process and go for the jugular!!! It is human nature to protect your kids from harm or just really stupid people in this case...I should back up and say some of them are really stupid - there some board members that you can talk to.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

NDN fan 4ever said:
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
Someone answer me this, why in the h### are we putting Wright in on defense???? It's not that he can't handle the job because he can. Playoffs are out of the question for us but several of our players are being scouted included him. Why would you run the risk of a season ending injury on one of these guys by playing them both ways with all of the others warming the bench?

BTW MightyNDNS I'll pump up your karma.

Thank you NDN Fan 4ever - it's lonely at the bottom... ;D

I'm still trying to figure out why we are running on 3rd and 8 - I haven't even grasp the Wright thing yet!!!! At this point, every kid on the team should get to play - let them have some fun for the last 2 games for Pete's sake!!!

You know why that won't happen???? What if one of those benched kids gets out there and really shines???? MB will have some 'splainin' to do to the fans but even more especially to the team (particularly the seniors) as to why that kid's been parked. And we know why some of those kids are "parked" don't we????

You remember that sign language sign you just taught me - (sign) 'um all and let the "splaining" begin.....

There was a post by PNCOACH last week under the Vidor game about playing more kids and what would happen if they would perform well, and really no support.
As for a new school board, it is way past time for that, but the good old boy network continues to return the same deadheads to represent the voters. When are we as voters going to learn that we run this City and ISD and not the good old boys. It is time for young, energetic blood in both the city and ISD. Just like Paul Lamoine now the PC, when was the last time we had one that young, one of us. Until the good old boy network is put on the shelf, MB will be the coach as he is a member of that club.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER just read your post and Holy C### do you live under a rock or just drink crazy koolaid? (this is a pathetic attempt at sarcasm ;)). We the people run nothing in this town, particularly the school board. I am curious, do you live here now or somewhere else?

Matter of fact, I would like to see how many of the recent posters do live in our district.

NDN FAN......What are you saying, yes the voters run the city and the ISD if we so elect to do so. The last time I checked even PN and PNGISD is a democracy and we elect city council, mayor, and the school board. It just seems that everyone in PN is happy with how things have been run for years, people around here are still living in the 1975 football past. We always hear of the great potential that our waterfront has, and should turn it into the next Kemah, are you kidding me this is an oil refinery town, never friggin happen. As long as we let the old boy network run this town and ISD, we will be exactly what we are a little po dunk town. My dad was transferred over here in 1983 with Texaco, I was in the 5th grade, he ran for school board several times. Each time we gained more votes, but he was told, you have to get into the old boy network. Well, let me tell you, from where he was trasferred he was on the school board and that ISD was much larger then Podunkville. He could have offered so much more and we would have been farther ahead then what we are. My kids will not be going to PNGISD, I just hope that we are not told to drink the Kool Aid by these people, because there are so many followers in this town that they will drink it.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
Someone answer me this, why in the h### are we putting Wright in on defense???? It's not that he can't handle the job because he can. Playoffs are out of the question for us but several of our players are being scouted included him. Why would you run the risk of a season ending injury on one of these guys by playing them both ways with all of the others warming the bench?

I'm still trying to figure out why we are running on 3rd and 8 - I haven't even grasp the Wright thing yet!!!! At this point, every kid on the team should get to play - let them have some fun for the last 2 games for Pete's sake!!!

You know why that won't happen???? What if one of those benched kids gets out there and really shines???? MB will have some 'splainin' to do to the fans but even more especially to the team (particularly the seniors) as to why that kid's been parked. And we know why some of those kids are "parked" don't we????

You remember that sign language sign you just taught me - (sign) 'um all and let the "splaining" begin.....

There was a post by PNCOACH last week under the Vidor game about playing more kids and what would happen if they would perform well, and really no support.
As for a new school board, it is way past time for that, but the good old boy network continues to return the same deadheads to represent the voters. When are we as voters going to learn that we run this City and ISD and not the good old boys. It is time for young, energetic blood in both the city and ISD. Just like Paul Lamoine now the PC, when was the last time we had one that young, one of us. Until the good old boy network is put on the shelf, MB will be the coach as he is a member of that club.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER just read your post and Holy C### do you live under a rock or just drink crazy koolaid? (this is a pathetic attempt at sarcasm ;)). We the people run nothing in this town, particularly the school board. I am curious, do you live here now or somewhere else?

Matter of fact, I would like to see how many of the recent posters do live in our district.

NDN FAN......What are you saying, yes the voters run the city and the ISD if we so elect to do so. The last time I checked even PN and PNGISD is a democracy and we elect city council, mayor, and the school board. It just seems that everyone in PN is happy with how things have been run for years, people around here are still living in the 1975 football past. We always hear of the great potential that our waterfront has, and should turn it into the next Kemah, are you kidding me this is an oil refinery town, never friggin happen. As long as we let the old boy network run this town and ISD, we will be exactly what we are a little po dunk town. My dad was transferred over here in 1983 with Texaco, I was in the 5th grade, he ran for school board several times. Each time we gained more votes, but he was told, you have to get into the old boy network. Well, let me tell you, from where he was trasferred he was on the school board and that ISD was much larger then Podunkville. He could have offered so much more and we would have been farther ahead then what we are. My kids will not be going to PNGISD, I just hope that we are not told to drink the Kool Aid by these people, because there are so many followers in this town that they will drink it.

What we really need is for someone to let the cat out of the bag and let EVERYONE KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THE TOWN AND THE ISD - then and only then will you see a change...

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts

MightyNDNS said:
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

What we really need is for someone to let the cat out of the bag and let EVERYONE KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THE TOWN AND THE ISD - then and only then will you see a change...

Aw come on MightyNDNS, they'll shoot that cat. Or at least have their Animal Control pick it up for walking on their property. ;) ;) ;) ;)

nissanindian

100+ Posts

You know what i dont care if we do buck the system and my boys sit the bench least i know i did what was right I vote Coach I can't ssay his name but he is bald and controls one side of the ball and it is not offenseas the new head coach every one eles he can decide who come who goes and that is only if they choose to hire with in

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts

1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
MightyNDNS said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

1IDPURPLEMONSTER, there are some here on this forum who risk it to speak for many in this community who want change. This isn't just about whether a football team has a winning season or not. There are those on this forum who love to throw Pride Honor and Tradition out when people start complaining about anything. Those words actually mean a lot, it's not just football jargon. This board is ruining this district. Where's the Pride when you walk into any building in this district and see the deplorable conditions? Where's the Honor when some of our top teachers have left this district for other jobs or left the teaching profession altogether because of the lack of support from this board? Where's the Tradition when former Indians are choosing not to send their kids to this district because of poor business decisions made by board members?

I personally appreciate the attempts by your father to run. I'm sure that things would have been better today for it had he won. I know for a fact that board members and administrators read this. I'm sure that our moderator has probably been contacted by some of these people trying to find out who some of us are (names, ip addresses etc)that are speaking less than favorably. Thanks for sharing your insight.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

I have told this to their faces, but they just don't get it, I really don't care if they know who I am. I fully understand where everyone on here is coming from, the deplorable conditions in which our schools are in. But, yet we spend 10 million plus on a football field, how stupid can po dunkville get. I know for a fact that the plan is to come back at us in five years and ask for another bond, because the schools are in bad condition, F A C T. I have heard this from the mouth of the top, this is why I voted against the last one. Not to take away from the kids, but how the money was going to be spent, schools must be built first then the extras. It is just poor management!!

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
I have told this to their faces, but they just don't get it, I really don't care if they know who I am. I fully understand where everyone on here is coming from, the deplorable conditions in which our schools are in. But, yet we spend 10 million plus on a football field, how stupid can po dunkville get. I know for a fact that the plan is to come back at us in five years and ask for another bond, because the schools are in bad condition, F A C T. I have heard this from the mouth of the top, this is why I voted against the last one. Not to take away from the kids, but how the money was going to be spent, schools must be built first then the extras. It is just poor management!!

But come on monster, they say "its all about the kids". Whose kids? It can't be ours. It's actually comical when you go the district website and look up the board and you see they call themselves "The Team Of Eight". What??????? Everyone that's seen it has made fun of it. A Team. Who are they competing against? The taxpayers? What are they competing for? Our money? The name sounds like a gang wannabe. What do they have to do for initiation?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

NDN fan 4ever said:
I know for a fact that board members and administrators read this. I'm sure that our moderator has probably been contacted by some of these people trying to find out who some of us are (names, ip addresses etc)that are speaking less than favorably. Thanks for sharing your insight.

Whoa... No one has contacted me for information.

But you should look out the windows. The black helicopters may be circling. ;D

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts

IndianFan said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
I know for a fact that board members and administrators read this. I'm sure that our moderator has probably been contacted by some of these people trying to find out who some of us are (names, ip addresses etc)that are speaking less than favorably. Thanks for sharing your insight.

IndianFan, all is said in jest regarding you and your forum. We appreciate you providing us a place to support our kids and vent our spleens. Those of us around here however do know that it's not nice to smite our board. They get testy about stuff like that. They want names, first borns, pets, etc... :punchingbag:

BTW, why can't I play the karma game today?

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts

NDN fan 4ever said:
IndianFan said:
NDN fan 4ever said:

IndianFan, all is said in jest regarding you and your forum. We appreciate you providing us a place to support our kids and vent our spleens. Those of us around here however do know that it's not nice to smite our board. They get testy about stuff like that. They want names, first borns, pets, etc... :punchingbag:

BTW, why can't I play the karma game today?

Two more post and you can play the karma game - I think you have to have 36 posts to play.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDN fan 4ever said:
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:

But come on monster, they say "its all about the kids". Whose kids? It can't be ours. It's actually comical when you go the district website and look up the board and you see they call themselves "The Team Of Eight". What??????? Everyone that's seen it has made fun of it. A Team. Who are they competing against? The taxpayers? What are they competing for? Our money? The name sounds like a gang wannabe. What do they have to do for initiation?

Not much of a team when all the members are not informed of what is going on, is it? But I enlightened one of them this afternoon..... ;D

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
I'm sure glad I live in Nederland, where NONE of this type of stuff goes on... ::)

::chokes on my Pepsi and it squirts outta my nose::

hookem_horns

Honor Pride Tradition
why did wright only have 4 carries???? he had 4 carries for 24 yards... obviously he did something when he had ball... then a twelve yard reception... i dont understand. that has got to be hard to handle for alot of people to understand

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
hookem_horns said:
why did wright only have 4 carries???? he had 4 carries for 24 yards... obviously he did something when he had ball... then a twelve yard reception... i dont understand. that has got to be hard to handle for alot of people to understand

Isn't it obvious... It's the offensive "genious" that we have at PN-G!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores