PNG vs Manvel Predictions (Merged with Manvel Info)

wacape

100+ Posts
Taken from the "Holy Bible" Dave Campbell's Texas Football.....

was 5-5 and 3/4 in district last season. In 24-4A with Galveston Ball, Dawson, Friendswood,LaMarque, Santa Fe and Texas City.

Players to watch....QB Dexter Foreman(6-1,215 4.5),QB Travaughn Colwell(6-3,190,4.5), ILB Shaka Starling(5-11,215,4.6) OLB Wesley McCowin(6-0, 210, 4.6) WR James Seymour(6-1,180, 4.6) CB Effrum Webber(6-0, 170, 4.5) OL Christian Chamagua(6-5, 285, 5.4) Sophomore OL Travis Romero(6-2, 305)

"2010 notes...Manvel's short history may be about to start a new chapter---the offense looks poised to be one of the region's best in 2010. QB Foreman, a Colorado pledge, is a dual threat who threw for 843 yards in '09 and QB Colwell, who split time with, chipped in 11 TDs. Expect both to play in '10. But perhaps even more important is that the entire OL returns, including Travis Romero, a "mountain of a man" coach Kirk Martin says, who started and dominated as a freshman. Though the defense isn't as experienced, LBs could be excellent, expecially Starling, who's built " like a Greek god" and sports incredible closing speed, coaches say. The sky is the limit for Manvel's future."

Of course this was written back in the summer but it still gives us a look see at what we're going against....looks like Willlis all over again....I'm bringing my nitro pills for this one....LOL.

:woohoo: :cowboy:

ndnwarrior

Re: Manvel Maverick Info...

Yeah, Dave Campbell, the "Holy Bible" of Texas high school football predicted that Willis would beat PNG....I love it when we prove them wrong!

ndnwarrior

indianforever said:
i think we match up better with manvel more than we did willis

I do too, but I do think our defense gonna have to step it up a notch or two. We need to score first and early, keep the momentum on our side. Also, kudos to the PNG fans last night! YOU ROCKED!!!! Against Manvel, PNG fans gonna have to step it up as well....yell LOUD on offense and DEFENSE! We can do this......! Scalp 'em, Indians, SCALP 'EM!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

The defense is going to half to step it up, the offense cannot carry them every game. Another thing about the defense, they need to spend less time trying to get the crowd into the game and spend there time stopping the other teams offense!!!!!!!!!!!

PNGALWAYS

I agree with justafan. Although it helps to some degree to have the players getting fans into the game, it may to some degree indicate a lack of focus.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts

Easley (sp?) was one of the main ones trying to pump up the crowd, and I also remember hearing his name called on most tackles. He was a beast out there last night. I don't think Coach Faricloth would allow it if it interfered with play ability.

phetonb

pngfan93 said:
Easley (sp?) was one of the main ones trying to pump up the crowd, and I also remember hearing his name called on most tackles. He was a beast out there last night. I don't think Coach Faricloth would allow it if it interfered with play ability.

I was row 5 on the 50 last night. Easley was on the sidelines with his defensive team, leading them in ways I see Brooking on the Cowboys....he was instrumental in keeping our defense focused on the task at hand.

Each game we play now, will be gut check...Easley kept the guts checked last night...Good job!!

pngmom4

500+ Posts

phetonb said:
pngfan93 said:

I was row 5 on the 50 last night. Easley was on the sidelines with his defensive team, leading them in ways I see Brooking on the Cowboys....he was instrumental in keeping our defense focused on the task at hand.

Each game we play now, will be gut check...Easley kept the guts checked last night...Good job!!

You are soooo right. I caught myself watching the defence on the sidelines at times and not watching the play on the field. It was amazing to see the sr. leadership there.

pngmom4 said:
phetonb said:
pngfan93 said:

You are soooo right. I caught myself watching the defence on the sidelines at times and not watching the play on the field. It was amazing to see the sr. leadership there.
Amen to both of you. Close to the end of the fourth quarter, we noticed Easley holding court with the defense without a coach anywhere around. He got the job done all by himself. Senior leadership at its best. I know DJ was real upset at one time and the coach was holding "discussion" with him. He played the rest of the game without losing his cool. An example of some maturing on the part of some players. Penalities are just too expensive at this time in the season. That 15 yards we got on that last drive because somone punched our player in the face may possibly cost Willis the game and a chance to move on in the playoffs. Maybe we would have scored without it, but those 15 free ones sure made it easier. The Willis player will have to live the rest of his life with that question in the back of his mind.

NDN76

MY DOG
Re: PN-G vs Manvel Predictions

As much as I love PNG and would really love for the Defense to come together for a blow out to......1) send a message to the rest of our Opponents on the way to Jerry World and 2) allow some of the other Warriors get in a Playoff game, but I have to agree with NDN NATION, as long as we are ahead when the clock expires, that's all that counts.

+10000

ndnwarrior

Copied this from the other site. This guy, rollinac was at the Manvel vs. Washington game. Thought I would share...pretty good assessment.

Re: Manvel vs. Washington updates
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 09:34:34 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: indianforever on November 19, 2010, 08:19:37 PM
does manvil have a good defense...give me some scouting reports please

Offense - 4 WR no huddle (3 wr 2 RB in the red zone). Fast paced. 4 wr's are all small and really fast. #5 rb is small and fast and the other one is taller and a little bigger physical back type. They rotate QB's every series #7 starts and #8 comes in behind him. Both are tall and athletic...7 is shorter but heavier 6'1" 215 I'd guess and 8 is 6'4" 195 ish. I didn't notice one being any better than the other at really anything. Both throw the ball well and both are quick on the inside. They liked throwing the deep ball especially the post corner from the outside wr in the spread. Inside guys ran underneath routes mostly. It's tough to say if they do this all the time because Washington was playing a 4-3 straight man on the 4 wr with no safety. The 3 LB's were spying the QB and RB (yes all 3). There was little pass rush and both QB moved well in the pocket so why not throw the bomb every play. The wr got behind the cb's just about every time and were on the money on all except 1 slight overthrow (off the fingertips and really shoulda been caught). The RT is HUGE 6'5" 280+ and the rest of the o-line is 200-230. Center is maybe 200. Pass blocking technique was good...made contact early with good footwork across the board. Run blocking was not good as Washington's interior line blew up the straight ahead run. Only successful running plays were QB scrambles and misdirection draw traps (like the one PNG runs where the qb starts to roll right then hands off back to the left on the draw).

Defense - Base defense of 4-2-5 and they played cover 3 zone on every play. Flats were wide open as the 2 strong safeties were good athletes but could not cover that much ground. Every pass play Wash ran was a flood roll out so at least they were making some smart play calls. They also got the running game going pretty well. I wasn't very impressed with any of the defensive lineman of Manvel....RE was probably the best pass rusher and they were average size. LB's would shoot the A gaps just about every first down. They missed a lot of tackles but swarmed to the ball and eventually would corral the runner. The 2 CB's were both REALLY good...one pick 6 one fumble return td. Couldn't get much of a read on the FS as he played centerfield 15-20 yards off the line and they never really challenged him.

All that being said Manvel was a pretty formidable team. They have athletes everywhere, are well coached, and have what looks like a lot of depth. They rotated so many players that I couldn't tell who the starters really were or if anyone was playing both ways. They've got a lot of players. Defense didn't look as good as the offense. Wasn't a very good read team though as Washington would have had a really tough time beating Baytown Lee....looked like they were drawing up plays in the huddle.

75NDNDB

Lots of talk of how good Manvel is but the Indians do not need to be intimidated!
If we play with intensity and mistake free we will win this game!
Manvel - 27
Willis - 18

Manvel - 28
Channelview - 22

Willis - 42
Channelview - 18
TIME TO PUT ON THE WAR PAINT INDIANS!!!
PNG: 38
Manvel: 21

ndnmom79

Why haven't we used the same setup on defense as we used against Central! Seemed like that worked well...

pngfan66

500+ Posts

Our NDN's can win this game. Alot of talk about Manvil. But its all coming from people who have watched them play and not our boys. Alot of people are saying oh we lost to Texas City and Manvil rolled over TC. Well what all has changed since that game. Our D has changed. Since that change we have gone undefeated. Remember the players at Manvil put on their pants the same way everyone else does. I think we match up better against Manvil than we did against Willis. I see the NDN's becoming super aggressive on D and taking it to the Manvil QB's and backs. I also see our D coming up with some INT and fumbles, I see 3-5 takeaway turnovers for our D. I see Doty and company putting up big numbers and pulling out another W !

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts

I think we can put up more than 38. The question is how many is our defense going to allow them to put up.

scalpem83

:shout:We have to concentrate on the run game,especially the Q.B.sneak.And let them try to out gun us with the pass.I believe we win if we stop the run.Also the offence opens holes for Bertrand,than Doty can burn them.We need to leave our nerves at home and just have fun from here on out.One game at a time to Jerrys house!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores