PNG vs Manvel Predictions (Merged with Manvel Info)

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
It may be too late this year but I wish we could have a "fan of the game" contest every week and give a prize to the winner like putting their pic and name on the jumbotron or they get to sit in the press box at the next home game. Not sure how or who would judge but that's something to think about for next year. I think that may help get some people up and out of their seats cheering for the Indians!

attakapandn

100+ Posts
i say when the whho hoo girls yell out that the cue for all the fans to do the same whooohoooo after they do it! Go indians!! Time to play cowboys and Indians!! scalp em!

cherokee

These are both high quality teams. Indian's opponents record this year = 69W - 61L. Manvel's = 61W - 69L. Offenses are potent and should hold to form with both scoring in the 30's after a slow/tight start. Manvel's defense has been consistent all year, allowing @ 16/game. But they will have difficulty reading Faircloth' s disguised formations and rather complicated/"tricky" offense. He has been great at keeping the opposing defenses on their heels. Passing and running have been very balanced, and at times unstoppable. I expect more of the same this week. I fully expect our offense to be just as sharp as the last game I personally think the best way to overcome a really good defense is to wear them down physcially with a strong running game. The O-line and Bertrand have shown that they can accomplish this, and they even seem to get stronger as the game wears on. There is nothing more demoralizing for a defense than to feel thay have been "man-handled" by a running game and O-line. Our defense, although porous at times, has made enough big plays/stops and produced enough turnovers in the second half of the season to allow our offense to dictate the tempo of the game.
Overall, I think these football teams are very closley matched. That being said, here is my handicapping of this game.
Football team: Manvel +3. Coaching: Port Neches +3. Playoff experience of players: Port Neches +1. Fans/Indian Spirit: +3.
So, Indians +7, Manvel +3. Result: Indians by 4. Prediction: Indians 38-34!!

This may be the best team we have played this year. Where is the other "best" team we've played this year? Gregory-Portland: Sitting at home watching us.

miss_loudmouth_ndn

attakapandn said:
i say when the whho hoo girls yell out that the cue for all the fans to do the same whooohoooo after they do it!

I just say anytime ANYONE is cheering, people should join in. Offense, Defense, Timeout, whatever. Don't sit on your hands and get aggravated at those who are standing and cheering. Do the same -- you don't know how much fun you're missing.

"It’s easier to play when the crowd’s going crazy.” -- Easley (#61) in the Port Arthur News.

Let's BRiNG THE NOiSE! :)

You got this Indians!

This is the other half of the Wooo Whoooo ladies. On Sister's machine since mine is down. As you saw in the paper, the players say it is easier to play when the fans are going crazy. So there, we have all got the challenge. The team will be in it for four quarters. The Wooo Whoooo ladies have been playing four quarters every game this year. The challenge to all other fans is: BE AS LOUD AS YOU CAN FOR FOUR QUARTERS. Can you yell (sitting or standing) for four quarters? I know we can and so can you. THE INDIAN NATION IS ON THE WAR PATH ONE GAME AT A TIME ALL THE WAY TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

cherokee

From an objective view, the airhorns and etcetera are only a distraction to our fans. The players only respond to the support from our crowd. Keep our suppport high and everything will be OK. Our fans and the support they show our team and players will be worth 3 points to our team in this game. Consider all of your hollering and clapping over the entire course of the game as worth a field goal. Not to diminish the fans importance, but a field goal is plenty enough to win a close game.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNGProud - I'm of the opinion that other teams think they need these air horns because their fans don't make enough noise. Indians fans are noisy! And, if anyone has had an air horn blown in their ears or a dang cow bell rung in their ears, they know why I'm against them and so is the UIL. I think the train horns are a joke! I am always proud of our fans and the support we give our team--no one has ever outdone us! The best team and the best fans--what more could a community or two want? lol

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
Then how come other schools can bring those damned train horns???

Check the noisemaker thread. Basically the game administrator (from the host school) sets the policy. The reason the trains are being used is because we do not have a policy in place the prohibits them or, if we do, we choose not to enfore it. I am not sure who the game administrator is for games at the Rez.

snaidni

Re: Manvel Maverick Info...

pngdad8520 said:
Justafan said:
The defense is going to half to step it up, the offense cannot carry them every game. Another thing about the defense, they need to spend less time trying to get the crowd into the game and spend there time stopping the other teams offense!!!!!!!!!!!
REALLY ! WHAT GAME DID YOU WATCH ! THE ONE I WATCHED WAS A FREAKING TEAM EFFORT ! OFFENSE AND DEFENSE DID THERE JOBS ! I GUESS YOU COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB BACK IN THE DAY, BUT NOW YOU ARE FAT AND LAZY, SO LAY OFF THESE BOYS !
I totally agree with you!!! Defense can't be all that bad if we are winning ball games seems like they do what needs to be done.....keep it real people!! Give those boys some respect you don't make it this far by stinking it up....it takes a team and that is what we have a team effort they struggled together and they have celebrated together!

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Advanced | Browse | Help Register | Sign In | Subscribe | E-Edition
24-4A proving to be state's top district
By Joshua Buckley
The Daily News
Published November 27, 2010

For years, coaches and players in Galveston County have proclaimed District 24-4A is the toughest district in the state.

That point might be proved today, with all four of the representatives having a shot at reaching the regional finals.

Friendswood and Pearland Dawson are one win away from a rematch for the Region III-4A, Division I title. La Marque and Manvel are facing the same situation in the Division II bracket.

Only Districts 3-4A and 25-4A have two teams left in the postseason. Having all four teams from 24-4A is almost unheard of.

You could even argue that Santa Fe would have advanced to the regional semifinals were they in any other 4A district in the Houston area. Instead, they were left sitting at home playing in 24-4A.

It’s no surprise to see the four 24-4A teams in the semifinals. After all, a first-round matchup against weaker District 23-4A, followed by a round against Houston Independent School District’s squads haven’t proven to be much of a challenge. Only La Marque had close games, but it also faced the best opponents from both districts.

This week should be a challenge, though.

Friendswood and Dawson have the two toughest tests. Both Humble (Friends-wood’s opponent) and Montgomery (Dawson’s foe) are 11-1 on the season. Of course, you could argue those two teams haven’t played a schedule anywhere near as tough as Friendswood and Dawson have.

La Marque also gets a tough matchup with Dayton, though the Cougars’ athleticism could be enough to carry them to victory. Manvel has the easiest opponent, going up against a Port Neches-Groves team that has lost four games this year.

So, will we see an all 24-4A regional final in both the Division I and Division II brackets?

I’d say it’s pretty likely to happen — and if it does, there will be no doubt as to which district is the best in the state.

E-mail your ‘Bleacher Buzz’ letter (200-word limit) or guest column (350 words) to sports(at)galvnews.com.

Manvel has the easiest opponent,Yea keep on underestimating your opponent!!!

attakapandn

100+ Posts
SOUNDS LIKE THAT REPORTS WILL BE EATING CROW!!!!!! GUESS HE NOT KNOW THAT WE ARE ON A 7 GAME WINNING STREAK, AND THE 4 GAMES WE LOST WAS A COMBINE 17 PTS! WE SHOULD SCORE AND SCORE AND SCORE NO KNEES! SHOULD THEM WHO WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores