PNG vs TJ: 1970-1972

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
My dad and I saw TJ play Austin Reagan at Rice Stadium in the semifinals game. I think it was 1970. Larry Mayer was the QB that year. The Jackets lost.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Did a quick search on Youtube but nothing popped up from 70-72. Lots of '57 AND '80 season.

But this is a very interesting documentary that I didn't know existed. There is some early 70s footage and discussion beginning around 35:30.

One of my parents attended TJ as well as several other relatives. It was a great school with outstanding history.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Did a quick search on Youtube but nothing popped up from 70-72. Lots of '57 AND '80 seasons.

But this is a very interesting documentary that I didn't know existed. There is some early 70s footage and discussion beginning around 35:30.

One of my parents attended TJ as well as several other relatives. It was a great school with outstanding history.

Very good documentary. “Another one bites the dust.”

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Port Arthur that a lot of us grew up in and with is long gone. Now just a shell of its former self. But the memories will always be there. Thomas Jefferson, Lincoln, and Bishop Byrne high school legacies will also live forever.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Did a quick search on Youtube but nothing popped up from 70-72. Lots of '57 AND '80 season.

I found this video from 1957 - TJ vs. PNG. This was a significant game for us - first win over TJ!

rush

Interested in finding the 1975 PNG vs Lincoln game video. The 4 previous years, Lincoln had PNG's number. But, in 1975 this all turned around. 29-0 I believe. Curious if anyone might have it? Thanks!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I will check my Astrodomination game films. I can't remember if the 1975 PN-G v. PA Lincoln game was included in the packet. I'll check and circle back.

rush

It might be a tough find. Many of the game reels from that era were lost, damaged or taken.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking someone may have taken the game film. Someone here that reads this may have it or knows someone that does. Or, some parent may have personally filmed it. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores