PNG vs WOS

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
This is one of our rivalry games, and I'm glad that we got it back on the schedule last year. Hopefully this is a trend that can continue on. Historically speaking, WO-S has had our number. There have been many many great close games. I don't think this year will disappoint!

What do you all think? Let's hear some predictions.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The most recent polls have WO-S ranked #10 in AAA.

Also of interest:
Silsbee received enough votes to rank #19 in AAA.
Texas City is tied for #8 with WF Rider in AAAA.
Humble Summer Creek is #6 in AAAA.
Central received enough votes to rank #19 in AAAA.

NDN79

500+ Posts
WOS always has a great defense and tremendous team speed.I think it will be much closer than the Silsbee game.If we continue to play like last week, and during the 2 scrimmage games, and do not have any turnovers...Indians win!!
With the schedule that PN-G has it is very important to take it 1 game at a time.

PN-G 28

WOS 14

badndn

500+ Posts
Texas City two weeks ago #10 state ranking...PNG Spanked 'em
Silsbee last week #10 state ranking...NDNs Roll
Anybody wanna guess who replaced Silsbee in the 3A state poll at #10 this week???You got it WOS!

See a patern? ;D

All that said, WOS allways scares me! :thud:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
28-24 PN-G

GO BIG PURPLE!!!! :clap:

That sounds about right to me. Could go either way tho, based on turnovers. I think if we hang onto the ball, we squeak y them.
I would prefer to remain under the radar and just sneak up on other teams. O0

wacape

100+ Posts
I'm thinking this game will be much closer than the Silsbee affair. Cornell's eyes have been opened and he'll have the 'Stangs ready. I'm concerned about WO-S's team speed. Jeremiah will not have the field day he had against the Silsbee secondary. I look for WO-S to double team Rose and put added heat on Ky. However,double teaming Rose should open up more chances for our other receivers. Brant's gonna have to really burn WO-S's guys in the box to keep them from running full steam into the backfield. I'm looking for a lot more long runs from him. All in all, if our defense brings it up a notch or two from last week and we can play mistake free football...I'm saying PNG 24 WO-S 23. :cowboy: :guns: :rocks: :pistols:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores