PNG's playoff outlook

carzan

500+ Posts
Well, here we are and it's going to come down to the wire for the Tribe. There are five games remaining in district play and YES VIRGINIA WE CAN AND SHOULD STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

If you follow much basketball then you know that five games left is a "lot of green" so to speak. Here are the potential outcomes the way I see it. First lets look at three teams records and who they have left to play. PNG, LCM and Livingston will be fighting it out for the fourth spot in the playoff picture.

We are currently 4 and 5 with Livingston, Vidor, Lumberton, Ozen and Central remaining.

Livingston is 5 and 4 with PNG, Central, Nederland, Vidor and LCM remaining.

LCM is 4 and 5 with Ozen, Livingston, Nederland, Vidor and Lumberton remaining.

If we get three more wins we would finish at 7-7. As long as one of those wins is against Livingston we would at least be in a tie breaker game with the lions for the fourth spot. However if we only get the three wins and Livingston manages four losses (Nederland, PNG, Central and LCM)that would mean the lions finish at 6-8 and we would take the fourth spot outright and that would be with just the three more wins!!!

A better scenario is for us to bounce back from the heartbreak of Friday night and take four of our last five games. ( It can be done) When we do that, we don't care what happens in the LCM/Livingston game because we would finish at eight and six with a lock on the playoff spot!!!

The thing is no matter how you look at it, the road to the playoffs goes through the Lions for the almighty PNG INDIANS!!!!! WE REALLY MUST WIN TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

So with that said I have just one more thing to say.

GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND GET OUT TO THE RESERVATION TUESDAY TO CHEER ON THE TRIBE TO VICTORY!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE GAME THAT COUNTS, WE NEED FANS TO BE POURING OUT OF THE GYM!!!!!!!

I guarantee the transplant tribesman and his clan will be there to support these young men.This is a very good group of young men that love basketball and I really enjoy going to the games and pulling for these guys.GO INDIANS!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores