Port Arthur Memorial @ Port Neches - Groves 8/26: Pre-Game and Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Crippen has thrown well on this drive. Lasers on the money. Got to hang on to the ball. I agree with IndianFan...this is the 3rd full week in pads and the second scrimmage. May not see click until weeks two and three.

bandkid

Staff member
New coach, lots of new faces, and taking on a very, very talented opponent in Week 0.

Don't forget, our first game under Faircloth was a last second, 21-20 win over a less than stellar Barbers Hill team. The only thing that kept us alive in that game was the miracle worker himself, Dre Dunbar, and all of his interceptions. Remember how that season turned out?

The key this season is patience.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Not good. 3 turnovers. Probably 42-3 at halftime. Excellent play by play. Wish the other guy would stop all the personal stuff.
Biggest problem is the defense is gonna wear out. Still proud of the Indians.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Coaches will need to consider some changes with the defensive personnel at key positions. Another carry over problem from last season.

On offense they are really missing the running threat that Trahan brought last year. The passing game will be there but just too many dropped passes and risky throws tonight so far.

Bottom line is the team is just not prepared for the season yet. Should be able to make some big strides over the next 2 weeks.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Coaches will need to consider some changes with the defensive personnel at key positions. Another carry over problem from last season.

On offense they are really missing the running threat that Trahan brought last year. The passing game will be there but just too many dropped passes and risky throws tonight so far.

Bottom line is the team is just not prepared for the season yet. Should be able to make some big strides over the next 2 weeks.

Agreed. I think we will see some improvement over the next couple of weeks. One scrimmage, that was shortened by bad weather, makes things shaky for the first game. Here's to a strong showing in the second half. Compete, get better, and make some good things happen. Go Indians.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Unfortunately, at PNG, in order to win we cannot have ANY mistakes. We will never out athlete the vast majority of our opponents.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Tough start for a new head coach. Very sloppy play all around in every facet. Saw a few sparks here and there, so there’s hope for a good season. If he can get everyone on the same page, we have the talent to make a run. Unfortunately that was not the case tonight. These guys have a lot of practice to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores