PORT NECHES-GROVES vs ozen predictions

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Ozen looks stronger than they did at the beginning of the season, but so do we. They have some very skilled players in the skill positions. I don' thinl they have much of a line or a very good defense.

My prediction: PNG wins this one. I would normally put the tag on here stating that they must continue to play as they have, but the coaches are doing an excellent job of this, that I think it is no longer necessary. A "sloppy" game for us still puts us in the win column.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Indians by 25....or more.
Ozen won't know what hit them.
Look for another "unfortunate ending" in this matchup.

JMHO

bandkid

Staff member
Like I said in the Lumberton threads, the Indians are on the warpath and it leads well into the playoffs. Ozen doesn't stand a chance, and I'm starting to think Central doesn't either.

PN-G Indians: 33
Blowzen Kitty-Cats: 7

phetonb

If our defense plays solid as in the previous weeks, our offense will score enough and we will win again. This applies to both Ozen and Central.

The Ozen defense is weak from what I hear, so I predict PN-G 49 Ozen 14.

The score I am liking to watch is the Turnover count we are +22 now after Lumberton I think.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I would like to see the NDN's get atleast 3 td's up in this game, I hope they do, and start pulling the starters and playing more of the rest of the team. I think this would help to hopefully avoid any potential injuries to the starters before the Central game and the playoffs. From what I hear is that Ozen has a very hard time stopping the running game. Of course we are all only internet coaches, but I would think they would keep some of their players that are injured (limited injuries) from playing alot or not at all. To bad we didn't have our by week later in the season.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stats are sometimes meaningless, but still good indicators.

Ozen's defense is 5th overall in 20-4A allowing 189.5 yards per game rushing, 108.0 per game passing, 297.5 total yards per game, and allows 29.4 points per game.
PN-G's offense is 2nd overall in 20-4A gaining 200.9 ypg rushing and 163.3 ypg passing for a total of 364.1 ypg, and 29.3 points per game.

Ozen's offense is 8th overall in 20-4A gaining 96.4 ypg rushing and 122.9 ypg passing for a total of 219.3 ypg, and scores 18.1 points.
PN-G's defense is 1st overall in 20-4A allowing 95.1 ypg rushing, 119.1 ypg passing, 297.5 total ypg, and gives up 12.8 points per game.

My guess: PN-G takes this one 42-7. Ozen scores a TD on the Indian reserves late in the game. :thumbsup:

pngfan66

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Stats are sometimes meaningless, but still good indicators.

Ozen's defense is 5th overall in 20-4A allowing 189.5 yards per game rushing, 108.0 per game passing, 297.5 total yards per game, and allows 29.4 points per game.
PN-G's offense is 2nd overall in 20-4A gaining 200.9 ypg rushing and 163.3 ypg passing for a total of 364.1 ypg, and 29.3 points per game.

Ozen's offense is 8th overall in 20-4A gaining 96.4 ypg rushing and 122.9 ypg passing for a total of 219.3 ypg, and scores 18.1 points.
PN-G's defense is 1st overall in 20-4A allowing 95.1 ypg rushing, 119.1 ypg passing, 297.5 total ypg, and gives up 12.8 points per game.

My guess: PN-G takes this one 42-7. Ozen scores a TD on the Indian reserves late in the game. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the stats. It seems as though Ozen comes out strong in the first half and then peters out in the second half. I would love to see our D have a shut out this year !!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
A day like today makes me wish PNG would have been able to keep the old gym and convert it into a indoor sports facility like Lake Travis and even locally Vidor. Put in some turf, etc.... would have benefited the football team, baseball, soccer, softball, band and everyone else.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores