port neches middle school

lu cards

100+ Posts
pnms will be representing the area at the state middle school 7 on 7 tournament this wednesday in college station.our pool consists of lake travis,aledo and renner ms(plano).the other pools feature teams from stephenville,hebron,arlington and southlake.great opportunity for the kids of pn.ill post some scores later in the week.

NDN X

100+ Posts
lu cards said:
pnms will be representing the area at the state middle school 7 on 7 tournament this wednesday in college station.our pool consists of lake travis,aledo and renner ms(plano).the other pools feature teams from stephenville,hebron,arlington and southlake.great opportunity for the kids of pn.ill post some scores later in the week.

Are you allowed to post maybe just the first name and last initial of the players on the pnms team? Good luck to all involved! :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Excellent news. The younger the kids start with 7 on 7, the better the QBs and WRs will be in the future. Most of the top programs in the state have a strong HS and MS 7 on 7 program. I'm glad to hear that PN-G has joined the trend. Go PNMS. Good luck. Spread the field, throw the ball around, and get the ball to kids in open space.

Peace.

lu cards

100+ Posts
gm 1 aledo 32 pnms 24,gm 2 lake travis 42 pnms 29,gm 3 plano 31 pnms 16.these kids from pn really represented png in top fashion.all the teams we faced were playing in there 5 or 6th tournament of the year.this was our first ever.most of these teams have been playing since 6th grade and play 7 on 7 staring in march and dont play baseball.everyone there knew about png's tradition and our kids backed it up.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Thank you for the report. I'm just happy to hear that PNMS had a team in the competition. Does GMS have a team? As your post alluded to, most of the top programs have strong 7 on 7 teams at the HS and MS level. Good news that PN-G and PNMS have joined the trend. There is no question that 7 on 7 helps to develop QBs and WRs. Ask Dick Olin, Drew Tate, Mike Long, Dustin Long, Todd Dodge, Riley Dodge, Art Briles, Kendal Briles, Garrett Gilbert, Craig Stump, et al.

Thanks again for the report. Congratulations to the PNMS team. Throw that ball around.

Go Indians.

Peace.

lu cards

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Thank you for the report. I'm just happy to hear that PNMS had a team in the competition. Does GMS have a team? As your post alluded to, most of the top programs have strong 7 on 7 teams at the HS and MS level. Good news that PN-G and PNMS have joined the trend. There is no question that 7 on 7 helps to develop QBs and WRs. Ask Dick Olin, Drew Tate, Mike Long, Dustin Long, Todd Dodge, Riley Dodge, Art Briles, Kendal Briles, Garrett Gilbert, Craig Stump, et al.

Thanks again for the report. Congratulations to the PNMS team. Throw that ball around.

Go Indians.

Peace.
this team was pn kids only but in our weekly game we get kids from both.

badndn

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
gm 1 aledo 32 pnms 24,gm 2 lake travis 42 pnms 29,gm 3 plano 31 pnms 16.these kids from pn really represented png in top fashion.all the teams we faced were playing in there 5 or 6th tournament of the year.

Your point about most of the top programs in the state start with 7/7 early is well represented in the three programs that PNMS played this weekend.
Aledo - State Semis last year and always a powerhouse in 4A.
Lake Travis - Defending 4A DII State Champions.
Plano - Nuff Said

1984NDN

I was able to go watch the games, man was I impressed. The kids who were there were Mason, Dillard, Ramil, kaleb, Hayden, Colby, Brandon, Spencer, Garrett, Tyler, Dainel, A.J. & Dillon. These kids were all good sports and reprensented PN-G very well. I think they all had a good time and can't wait to see them in pads. What a great bunch of kids.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I saw this group of kids when PNMS scrimmaged GMS last school year. They are impressive. I wish our 7th graders could play a full schedule like the Beaumont and Port Arthur schools do. We lose a year of play/experience.

1984NDN

PNMS played a combination of players from both nederland middle schools and spanked that rearend. I don't remember the exact scores my son told me, they played twice and PNMS won both by a pretty good spread. just a little taste of things to come! :punchingbag:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
1984NDN said:
PNMS played a combination of players from both nederland middle schools and spanked that rearend. I don't remember the exact scores my son told me, they played twice and PNMS won both by a pretty good spread. just a little taste of things to come! :punchingbag:

Dang. And that's without GMS mixed in!

Razor

1984NDN said:

Sign of things to come, huh? PNMS plays CO Wilson this week and I'll take CO and give you 20 points..whatcha say?

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Razor said:
1984NDN said:

Sign of things to come, huh? PNMS plays CO Wilson this week and I'll take CO and give you 20 points..whatcha say?

Gimme 35 points and ya got a bet!!! better make that 40.... :woot:

Penny

pngfan93 said:
1984NDN said:

Dang. And that's without GMS mixed in!
No disrespect, but GMS 8th grade is not very good, they did not have positive yardage and zero first downs against CO Wilson in their game a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how PNMS does against CO, but historically this age group has not faired well against the Nederland teams.

lu cards

100+ Posts
co wilson will be tough to beat this year.groves has struggled and pn hasnt played to its potential.what i do see next year is groves and pn combining to form a pretty good team.pn has good skill players but is a little thin on the lines.groves has some linemen but lacks some skill players.i cant speak for groves but pn needs more coaches.they have over 150 kids out for football and have 3 coaches(with one not able to stand for long periods of time).these guys are doing a good job but imo need some help.c o beat groves and pn last year but things evened out in the 9th grade.hopefully that trend continues.

C O Wilson Bullpups

Groves MS had some pretty big boys on the lines.

I get to see what PNMS has Tuesday!

Good luck and hope everyone stays healthy!

Go Bullpups Go bite the Warriors! :woohoo:

setxsports

I can't wait to see the PNMS football players come to the PNG Indians squad I think they will make a difference on the squad.
GO PNG INDIANS

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores