Port Neches MS Warriors Vs, C O Wilson MS Bullpups

C O Wilson Bullpups

Port Neches MS Warriors B Team 6 C O Wilson Bullpups B Team 20

Port Neches MS Warriors A Team 0 C O Wilson Bullpups A Team 34

Good luck Warriors on the rest of your games

lu cards

100+ Posts
afer watching both teams warm up i knew we would get smoked.nederland ran there pregame with precision.linemen sprinting to the line,practicing technique on every play,very impressive.port neches was the opposite and thats all im gonna say.

Penny

Don't feel too down lu, that CO group has done that to every team they've played, just very, very good.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
lu cards said:
afer watching both teams warm up i knew we would get smoked.nederland ran there pregame with precision.linemen sprinting to the line,practicing technique on every play,very impressive.port neches was the opposite and thats all im gonna say.

Hope this is not an indication of our future....... :whiteflag:

lu cards

100+ Posts
Penny said:
Don't feel too down lu, that CO group has done that to every team they've played, just very, very good.
im very impressed with c o but we also have some talent.our kids can be just as polished but that expectation isnt being demanded.i see this as a district wide issue.nothing against the pnms coaches because they need more help.we have 2 viable coaches trying to run 2 teams and another 50 7th graders.when the moms are complaining in the stands that were to soft you know you got problems.why is it that every jr high has cheerleaders and a band except pngisd?

Aces_Full

You also need to take into account that every good athlete in Nederland goes to CO Wilson. That's why they are always better than Central MS these days. It's not split evenly like in Pt Neches and Groves (due to actual boundaries). A better indicater will be next year when both teams are combined as Freshmen. The Groves team does look pretty depleted this year though. But they are young, and will improve with a good work ethic. Its all about who out-works who the next 4 years.

C O Wilson Bullpups

Aces_Full said:
You also need to take into account that every good athlete in Nederland goes to CO Wilson. That's why they are always better than Central MS these days. It's not split evenly like in Pt Neches and Groves (due to actual boundaries). A better indicator will be next year when both teams are combined as Freshmen. The Groves team does look pretty depleted this year though. But they are young, and will improve with a good work ethic. Its all about who outworks who the next 4 years.

:huh: Not true If you go to Langham and Helena Park you go to CO Wilson, if you go Hillcrest or Highland Park you go to Central, exceptions are if your parent teaches at the other middle school you can go there. Nederland Schools are too full to change schools for just to play football.

The major reason C O Wilson is usually better than Central is the coaching. Coach Lynch and his staff are outstanding.

My son plays for the Bullpups and I know kids that go to Port Neches and Groves middle school who play football :woohoo:. I would have posted the scores even if they would have been reversed.

I pull for the Indians, Braves and Warriors as long as they are not playing Nederland. Like I said in the Lumberton post Scalp'em Indians Scalp'em :shout:

NDN X

100+ Posts
lu cards said:
Penny said:
im very impressed with c o but we also have some talent.our kids can be just as polished but that expectation isnt being demanded.i see this as a district wide issue.nothing against the pnms coaches because they need more help.we have 2 viable coaches trying to run 2 teams and another 50 7th graders.when the moms are complaining in the stands that were to soft you know you got problems.why is it that every jr high has cheerleaders and a band except pngisd?

I have wondered about the band and cheerleader thing as well. Lumberton's band was huge with many cheerleaders and a flag team as well. We have a band, why can't they march? We did when I was at PNMS. We had twirlers and cheerleaders also. So did Groves. What happened?

NDN X

100+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
so, Groves Middle & PN Middle do not have cheerleaders or bands??? When did that happen??

well, as far as I know, they both have bands, but they do not participate at games. (marching or playing) Haven't seen cheerleaders in a while either. I know they did not have them at least 3 years ago, but don't know before that.

Maybe we don't have staff with the extra time to spare to take on the sponsorship type thing. When I was there, we also had a "pep squad", but that was in the mid to late 70's. Not sure when that ended. Band director was in charge of the twirlers, so no one extra needed there, but I guess who ever was over the cheerleaders was over the pep squad also. That I know of, all the other middle schools in the district have bands and cheerleaders.

Penny

Aces, I think Central and PNMS tied this year. You are correct that CO traditionally has better athletes, but we do have school boundaries. As for the next 4 years, I think history has proven that Neumann takes what he gets and makes it MUCH, MUCH better.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores