POSITIVES

ndnmojo14

I love how I started this thread to be postive and there is till negative crap on here. Some people just need to get a life.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I totally agree ndnmojo! There was A LOT of negativity on the board last year, but I could see why with the Football program the way it was! I was trying not to believe that people just have to have something to complain about...but I think there is more griping and complaining this year than last...so I guess some people do just have to complain! I really hope Coach Faircloth is not reading all this!

The people making nothing but negative comments on here ....have nothing else to do!! They must be very very unhappy negative people!! Obviously, due to they find nothing positive to talk about or comment !!!!

Im sick of all the negativity that is being tossed around about our band and our band kids!! They work their butts off to represent PNG, only to have all this negative feedback from you out there who can find nothing better to do but complain about them!!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
The enthusiasm this program has generated has us all excited. Look at the crowds drawn for the Purple/White game, Memorial scrimmage and Barber's Hill game. Each of those crowds was huge. We have the new gigantic home side and we are filling it. Many are coming from other schools to see the beautiful stadium and the team that's creating all the excitement.

We heard at Monday's Booster Club meeting that all programs for the game were sold. At that meeting we heard there are more on the JV team then the Varsity. So many that coach is now setting up 2 JV teams and looking for 2 games a week to get them all in the games. It's easy to see, the kids love this.

It is so good to hear that more kids are getting into band in middle school. A bigger band is in the works. ;D

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Proud Band Mom said:
I really hope our students aren't reading this!

I agree!! You know...this is a free country and everyone has a right to voice their opinion, so maybe the administrator of this board can make a special forum and name it NDN "whine" Country or something like that, then all the gripers, whiners, and complainers can do what they do best in there and spare the rest of us from their misery! ;

;D ;D ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
But NDNMom91, you know misery loves lots of company and would still dwell among all of the 'less informed'. ;D

bandkid

Staff member
NDNband69 said:
The enthusiasm this program has generated has us all excited. Look at the crowds drawn for the Purple/White game, Memorial scrimmage and Barber's Hill game. Each of those crowds was huge. We have the new gigantic home side and we are filling it. Many are coming from other schools to see the beautiful stadium and the team that's creating all the excitement.

We heard at Monday's Booster Club meeting that all programs for the game were sold. At that meeting we heard there are more on the JV team then the Varsity. So many that coach is now setting up 2 JV teams and looking for 2 games a week to get them all in the games. It's easy to see, the kids love this.

It is so good to hear that more kids are getting into band in middle school. A bigger band is in the works. ;D

You know, everyone keeps talking about the "glory days." Well, I wasn't around for the last round of glory days, but I'll be around for the next one and I think we've got one coming up. I can feel it in the air when I walk into the school each morning. Our band is growing, our new coaching staff is working wonders with our football team, our grades (as a school) are rising, and it seems like I see a little more purple in the hallways each day. There's just this spirit in the air that really makes you feel proud to be an Indian. It's obvious that the school as a whole is really benefitting from all the hype on the football field.

Here's to a continuing "Tradition of Excellence."

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
NDNband69 said:

You know, everyone keeps talking about the "glory days." Well, I wasn't around for the last round of glory days, but I'll be around for the next one and I think we've got one coming up. I can feel it in the air when I walk into the school each morning. Our band is growing, our new coaching staff is working wonders with our football team, our grades (as a school) are rising, and it seems like I see a little more purple in the hallways each day. There's just this spirit in the air that really makes you feel proud to be an Indian. It's obvious that the school as a whole is really benefitting from all the hype on the football field.

Here's to a continuing "Tradition of Excellence."

I felt the same thing in the Fall of '89 during Malone's first year. Get ready for the ride bandkid, it'll be something to remember! When we lost that last playoff game to A&M Consolidated, we were disappointed that we wouldn't be having marching practice any more. They were awesome days. The whole school was a new animal just as you are describing.

By the way, we also made it to state marching contest that year . . .

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes we all just need a little jump start to remember who we are and what we have. The citizens of Port Neches and Groves are blessed in many ways. Coach Faircloth and company have just brought in a fresh perspective that helps everyone rediscover what makes PN-G what it is. These are coaches that have seen top notch programs and supportive communities. And they realize that PN-G is as good as it gets.

Rather than beat the current generation over the head with 'the Glory Days', it would be beneficial to remind them of the level of excellence that was attained and how it was achieved. And that my friends has always been the one and only reason for this web site to exist. PNGIndians.com tries to provides a glimpse of the past for every generation, and an opportunity to share the common interests that bind generations of alumni together across the globe. And to support the current high school generation with positive encouragement as they strive for their own levels of excellence. Not to bicker and complain. Things may not sound the same or look the same but who knows, it may just exceed the 50s and 70s before it's all said and done.

I appreciate all the positive people on the message board this year. Thanks for being here.

NDN79

500+ Posts
:clap: Well said IndianFan! All generations should be excited about what is going on with the Indians this year. We can all share in the fun!

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
Now this is positive! I am so proud of the words / posts stated here from so many of you. It takes a village to raise a child and for so very many of you who speak realistically and proactively, you create a wonderful village! Our kids are proud of their accomplishments, they are learning from their challenges, and tonight I hear from them that they are excited many of you are aware that they do want more. The negativity and meanspiritedness of those few posters will not win when so many others respond to these hurtful messages with constructive comments!

Lets watch for the potential in all ofm our kids! To those who choose to conteract the negativity please know how much I appreciate you. It is hard enough raising a young one in today's world! You make it much better! To the kids - don't let the detractors from inside this district or outside steal your joy!

Scream Cherokee! Strive for excellence - in your playoffs, your contests, your UIL, your grades, your morals. Just SCALP 'EM Indians!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Coach Faircloth said after the game Friday, at home with family, Cherokee was ringing in his head. And when it wasn't, his son was singing it.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
NDNband69 said:

They were, we were running late for the game and didn't get there until 6:50 and I didn't see anyone selling them. I was told they were sold out.

afndn

yea about those programs. Those things were NICE! Full color, it looked like a College or Pro magazine! Very very nice.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
afndn said:
yea about those programs. Those things were NICE! Full color, it looked like a College or Pro magazine! Very very nice.

Yes they were very nice. I at least got to look at one.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores