Realignment

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Mentioning Cy-Fair ISD, our population is 730,000+, student population is 116,000+ in 91 schools in an attendance area of 186 square miles. The third largest school district in Texas and the largest recognized district. The top two, Houston and Dallas ISD, are an academic hot mess compared to Cypress Fairbanks. With 12 6A high schools and a $1 Billion+ budget, I would not be surprised if CFISD can wield some influence with the UIL decisions.

CS

Hopefully this isn't too buried but is it true that Jamey Harrison is the UIL Deputy director and is it true that he lives in Liberty Hill where his son Jett Harrison is on the team?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Hopefully this isn't too buried but is it true that Jamey Harrison is the UIL Deputy director and is it true that he lives in Liberty Hill where his son Jett Harrison is on the team?
There IS a Jett Harrison (Soph) on LH football roster.

Torino

500+ Posts
To me, if they’re gonna allow schools to elect to play up or down a division in order to minimize travel, then they should also allow AT LEAST some sort of input from the schools on preferred district and/or region placement, especially for those like us and Nederland who get hit with extensive travel for District games AND playoffs.
Can't request to move down in classification, only up--which in most cases in senseless.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Can't request to move down in classification, only up--which in most cases in senseless.
Thanks for the clarification…I had heard in past realignments some schools who were supposed to move up a division were allowed to stay down for travel reasons but might have been false info. However, if the UIL doesn’t allow schools to submit requests for preferred district and/or region placement in order to minimize travel…I agree electing to play up a division is pretty pointless.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores