Regional Final: PN-G vs. FB Marshall

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Fans don’t play the game, but they can provide a lot of energy and become a factor. The community needs to step up and support the team as the fans of old have done in past playoffs. This is the best overall team in years and if they make it to the next round, anything is possible.

bandkid

Staff member
Folks, buying tickets for this game is not enough. Y'all have got to share the link around with as many people as possible. Friends, family, PN-G alums in Houston and the surrounding area, fans of other Southeast Texas teams that are already out of the playoffs, you name it. I'm driving in from Austin for this game, and I'm meeting three Houston-area attorney friends from law school at the gate with tickets in hand. The PN-G crowds of old were massive and legendary, but they didn't just appear. Especially in this day and age, it's gonna take work to make this happen.

CS

100+ Posts
Folks, buying tickets for this game is not enough. Y'all have got to share the link around with as many people as possible. Friends, family, PN-G alums in Houston and the surrounding area, fans of other Southeast Texas teams that are already out of the playoffs, you name it. I'm driving in from Austin for this game, and I'm meeting three Houston-area attorney friends from law school at the gate with tickets in hand. The PN-G crowds of old were massive and legendary, but they didn't just appear. Especially in this day and age, it's gonna take work to make this happen.
Too many people opt to stay home these days and watch on TV. Also, too many people AT the game spend the entire time on the phones.

100+ Posts
Too many people opt to stay home these days and watch on TV. Also, too many people AT the game spend the entire time on the phones.
Texan Live will spoil you for sure, but it's still not the same as being there, especially if you have one on the field or in the stands, or on the track or sidelines.

Reactions: CS

CS

100+ Posts
It's crazy if you go to Youtube and check out a video someone posted of The Marching I in the most recent years and then find one from before cell phones were a thing. The difference is astonishing. Noise level and attention level.

Indian99

500+ Posts
It's crazy if you go to Youtube and check out a video someone posted of The Marching I in the most recent years and then find one from before cell phones were a thing. The difference is astonishing. Noise level and attention level.
Agree - I remember when literally every person would stand for Cherokee/Marching I, it was kind of expected. Now it’s mainly the old school/die hards that will stand.

100+ Posts
Got to create ways to get our wide outs some space away from press man on the outside. Maybe some bunch formations mixed with some rub routes at the line.
Yes. #18 and #10 can be expected to be extra crowded. I'm hoping they get #84 and others in on short passes, maybe #30 and others from the RB position, and eventually free up 18 and 10, and 19 also when he's not the RB. Keep their big DE out of the picture.
#16, and #6 if he's back, will really need to be on their toes just like the LBJ game. FBM is bringing lots of speed, and lots of QB runs that look like broken plays but really aren't. And if the Refs aren't on top of things we can expect lots of holding.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Marshall is going to bring the heat on Crippen. Cole Crippen will have opportunities to take off and run the ball for key first downs. He was a good runner on JV and has good speed (4.6 40) but would need to commit and run with urgency and determination. That’s better than throwing the ball away or an interception.

Same with the running backs. No tap dancing, hit the gap and go north south and then look for any open field.

This is it boys. Bring it all and leave it all. There’s no more games after this one unless you slay this buffalo. Play smart, play hard and hang onto that ball. And you can do it.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Is this because it's a non holiday weekend? Didn't we have much more at the game last week? 2300 isn't that much and it isn't as far as a drive for those in SETX ... just exposed to the elements ... but I'm only seeing 21% chance of rain and low of just 69, so it shouldn't be that bad out.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Marshall is going to bring the heat on Crippen. Cole Crippen will have opportunities to take off and run the ball for key first downs. He was a good runner on JV and has good speed (4.6 40) but would need to commit and run with urgency and determination. That’s better than throwing the ball away or an interception.

Same with the running backs. No tap dancing, hit the gap and go north south and then look for any open field.

This is it boys. Bring it all and leave it all. There’s no more games after this one unless you slay this buffalo. Play smart, play hard and hang onto that ball.And you can do it.
Agreed we don’t have the east and west cut back speed. Need to run North/South. If Crippen decides to run he can’t be timid. Run to open space then get down

1990NDN

Gotta play good pass defense. Bust up the quick outs to the trips side and make tackles before they get headed north and south in the WR screens. Need to catch the QB slipping when he pulls it to keep it and make him pay with a big shot or two that way he thinks about it next time he runs. Their RB won't beat us. Stopping the quick outs and QB running are keys to the ball game. 6,19, 7 and 3 have to be monsters!! I think they will be ready to rumble. I know these kids and they don't back down. They rise to meet you head on. Always have, always will.

Offense has to pound the ball and wear them out so 2nd half they are tired. Pound the ball and hit some timely deep routes.

This is doable. Very doable.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (5-0)
vs.
Splendora Wildcats (2-3)

Friday, Oct. 11, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores