Regional Final: PN-G vs. FB Marshall

100+ Posts
Is this because it's a non holiday weekend? Didn't we have much more at the game last week? 2300 isn't that much and it isn't as far as a drive for those in SETX ... just exposed to the elements ... but I'm only seeing 21% chance of rain and low of just 69, so it shouldn't be that bad out.
This is just Tuesday, so 2300 tickets sold pretty much in the first 24 hrs. Many won't commit to going until later in the week, even though it's just an $8 ticket or whatever.

oldschoolndn

Marshall is going to bring the heat on Crippen. Cole Crippen will have opportunities to take off and run the ball for key first downs. He was a good runner on JV and has good speed (4.6 40) but would need to commit and run with urgency and determination. That’s better than throwing the ball away or an interception.

Same with the running backs. No tap dancing, hit the gap and go north south and then look for any open field.

This is it boys. Bring it all and leave it all. There’s no more games after this one unless you slay this buffalo. Play smart, play hard and hang onto that ball. And you can do it.
He’s got a great arm, if he can find a way to get over the timidity to take off when he needs to I don’t see how anybody could have a conversation about whose gonna win anymore games !

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Since that hit and fumble in 2020 against Nederland, he has been hesitant to run. Cole Crippen can be Superman from here on out. the added dimension would be enough to open up the other options and they’d be unstoppable on offense.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Gotta play good pass defense. Bust up the quick outs to the trips side and make tackles before they get headed north and south in the WR screens. Need to catch the QB slipping when he pulls it to keep it and make him pay with a big shot or two that way he thinks about it next time he runs. Their RB won't beat us. Stopping the quick outs and QB running are keys to the ball game. 6,19, 7 and 3 have to be monsters!! I think they will be ready to rumble. I know these kids and they don't back down. They rise to meet you head on. Always have, always will.

Offense has to pound the ball and wear them out so 2nd half they are tired. Pound the ball and hit some timely deep routes.

This is doable. Very doable.
DB’s have got to play good sound fundamental defense. Need to play the ball and not play chase with the receivers. That never ends well.

1990NDN

This game is reminding me of PNG vs Jasper in 89. If I'm not mistaken Jasper was #1 in the State and demolishing folks. D1 athletes all over the field. Everyone figured the game was over before it was ever played, except for the Indians team of course. That was a fine game by Danny Malone and crew.

Never count out PNG's grit. And I'm here to tell you, this year's team is full of it. Our boys will be ready to rumble.

Indian99

500+ Posts
This game is reminding me of PNG vs Jasper in 89. If I'm not mistaken Jasper was #1 in the State and demolishing folks. D1 athletes all over the field. Everyone figured the game was over before it was ever played, except for the Indians team of course. That was a fine game by Danny Malone and crew.

Never count out PNG's grit. And I'm here to tell you, this year's team is full of it. Our boys will be ready to rumble.
Is that the game we won like 11-10 on a frigid night? Can’t remember if that was the same year.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Is that the game we won like 11-10 on a frigid night? Can’t remember if that was the same year.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

I attended that game along with a friend that had never attended a PNG game but had heard plenty about the Indians from me. The Ron McGill show if I recall correctly.

1990NDN

I attended that game along with a friend that had never attended a PNG game but had heard plenty about the Indians from me. The Ron McGill show if I recall correctly.
He had one of the most epic runs in PNG history. Met their linebacker who started his freshman year for Baylor, was a stud, in the hole and Ron just shrugged him off and strolled into the end zone.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
He had one of the most epic runs in PNG history. Met their linebacker who started his freshman year for Baylor, was a stud, in the hole and Ron just shrugged him off and strolled into the end zone.
I was also at the game and sitting near where the run occurred (on the visitors side I think). The collision was head on and the finish by McGill was stunning (literally). Coach Malone called it "the best run I've ever seen by a high school running back". McGill had a great game - ran for almost 200 yards and scored all 4 TDs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Might be good for the ‘22 team to watch the 1999 game against the arrogant, disrespectful, supposedly bigger, faster and superior LaMarque team. The team with the players making the throat slash move when the Indians ran out. PN-G literally kicked their a**es and sent them home breaking a multi-year state finals run. ‘22 team needs to play this next game with a warrior mentality.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Might be good for the ‘22 team to watch the 1999 game against the arrogant, disrespectful, supposedly bigger, faster and superior LaMarque team. The team with the players making the throat slash move when the Indians ran out. PN-G literally kicked their a**es and sent them home breaking a multi-year state finals run. ‘22 team needs to play this next game with a warrior mentality.
Before anyone "flips out", IndianFan is spot on about the arrogance and disrespect. I was there. I saw it. I know what they were saying, and doing.
I have concern, but I'm excited as hell for tomorrow. I have faith. We've done this before when no one thought we could. This is just another example. Our community comes from a different cloth.

I believe, and will punch someone in the mouth. Love our boys!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Before anyone "flips out", IndianFan is spot on about the arrogance and disrespect. I was there. I saw it. I know what they were saying, and doing.
I have concern, but I'm excited as hell for tomorrow. I have faith. We've done this before when no one thought we could. This is just another example. Our community comes from a different cloth.

I believe, and will punch someone in the mouth. Love our boys!

I also believe the LaMarque band decided to play Cherokee to mock us...didn't end well for them.

Also, when you watch this game on replay, just fastforward the first LaMarque drive and watch Gohlke flatten the WR coming across the middle. Set the tone early and never let up.

1990NDN

I also believe the LaMarque band decided to play Cherokee to mock us...didn't end well for them.

Also, when you watch this game on replay, just fastforward the first LaMarque drive and watch Gohlke flatten the WR coming across the middle. Set the tone early and never let up.
I think we have a kid or two on defense that will flatten someone if the opportunity presents itself. We definitely need a couple big hits early to set the tone.

pngbax20

100+ Posts

That was a great game, best 18th birthday gift I got that day.

Last edited:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (5-0)
vs.
Splendora Wildcats (2-3)

Friday, Oct. 11, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores