Remember the Manvel chant "Hoka hey"?

75NDNDB

Allthough I hated the loss to Manvel last year, I liked their chant of Hoka Hey. Some think its derived from the Sioux language meaning "This would be a good day to die." According to an Indian language website, it means lets roll or lets get this done. I wouldnt want to steal Manvels chant, but would like to see us come up with a chant of our own. :shout:

bandkid

Staff member
If we had seen that on-side kick coming, I think we would have beat them. It was totally unexpected and that's when the momentum of the game shifted in Manvel's favor.

wacape

100+ Posts
WE AIN'T MANVEL! If we're gonna chant something, chant something of our own. If you want to use Sioux...try "hanta yo(haun-ta yo)" which means "clear the way". Or "takpe(tah-K'PAY)" which means "attack". By the way...I'm sure some of you are wondering where my nick "wacape(wah-CHAH-pay)" comes from. It's Sioux for "stabber". :pistols:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
HighChief2008 said:
Why don't we find something Cherokee to truly honor our roots.

I agree with you. Can't see a Cherokee chanting Sioux war chants. I, too, would like to see a Cherokee chant that we could use along with our fight song (still wish we played in louder, especially the drums).

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Question, why can't (or don't) use the big bass drum we use during band contest for Cherokee or War Chant?????

bandkid

Staff member
Justafan said:
Question, why can't (or don't) use the big bass drum we use during band contest for Cherokee or War Chant?????

The marching one or the concert one?

The marching one is only used when we have enough percussionists and we didn't this year. We did last year and we used it then.

bandkid

Staff member
MOM2INDIANS said:
Bamakid...will they do the P N G on the field to warchant at the Dayton game?

Probably, but I'll doublecheck to make sure.

Justafan said:
Concert one. Last week at the Central game there sideline had a mic feeding through the sound system.

We did or they did?

phetonb

There was a live mic on the Central Sidelines near their cheerleaders. They did not mic thier band....Central Band does not need a mic, they sound bad enough already.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
phetonb said:
There was a live mic on the Central Sidelines near their cheerleaders. They did not mic thier band....Central Band does not need a mic, they sound bad enough already.

They were excruciating to the ears!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores