Roschon discussion

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Cool discussion on Roschon check out 4.43 mins into the video. * Some language issues*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u5zaJcIhBY&t=303s

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Indian fans have truly witnessed greatness on the field in recent years. Great talent and natural ability, but even more importantly a player who worked harder than anyone else to perfect his performance.

And by doing that, RJ encouraged his teammates to improve and achieve their own greatness.

Watching those highlights, we also see surehanded receivers who ran their routes as expected, and offensive linemen battling hard to protect their QB, players making downfield blocks, and a lot of Preston Riggs speed.

Looking back years from now, the 2016-18 PNG offense will evoke memories that will be tough to match.

But the coolest thing that RJ has shown is that with hard work, the sky is the limit.

There will never be another RJ, but there will be talented PNG quarterbacks, running backs, and all other positions in the years to come.

And if they put in the time and effort to practice their craft individually and as a group, future Indian teams will always have the opportunity to be even better.

Follow the example and pattern younger Indian players.

These are great times to be a PNG Indian fan.

twrpng

100+ Posts
I agree Indian Fan this should be a good team my only concern with this years team from last years team is can the receiver's step up to help score points the O line will help with this , kavin should be able to get yards behind this line , RJ should have time to throw. I heard Roc the baseball star opted out from playing football this year he was replacing Riggs that will hurt if it's true. We need a receiving core to step up and fast if this team has a shot at playoffs. The only receiver with any varsity play is the little 10 th grader from last year he's a jr this year. He backed up Cameron last year.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Receiver Corp 2009-17

Many record setting receivers in this group. Amir Jalali still holds the season record of 94 receptions.

2009-Blake Reyenga, Spencer Deron, Kyler Segura, Garrett Boudoin
2010-Amir Jalali, Jayce Nelson, Collin Gizzi, Tyler LaCour
2011-Jayce Nelson, Logan Chipman, Tyler LaCour, Alan Hanks
2012-Jeremiah Rose, Tim Clopton, Avery Murdock
2013-Jeremiah Rose, Kaleb Sparks, Reece Wardlow, Avery Murdock
2014-Kaleb Sparks, Caisen Sullivan, Keynel McZeal, Blake Lane, Jack Giblin
2015-Jack Giblin, Caisen Sullivan, Keynel McZeal, Dylan McGough
2016-Preston Riggs, Keynel McZeal, Dylan McGough
2017-Preston Riggs, Cameron Stansbury, Preston Hughes, Caleb Wuenschel

prepballfan

Staff member
We have not only had WR success under BF but also QB success. Look at the line of QB's he has started since being at PNG and to be honest look at whats in the pipeline for the future. Starting right after Roschon will be Bost. He is very talented you will well know if you have watched underclassmen games. I am now hearing rumblings about a young guy in Groves who can run and throw really well. Jaquez Turner(sp) is his name. I see a bright future. Nederland has some talent coming up in a couple of years as well.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
prepballfan said:
We have not only had WR success under BF but also QB success. Look at the line of QB's he has started since being at PNG and to be honest look at whats in the pipeline for the future. Starting right after Roschon will be Bost. He is very talented you will well know if you have watched underclassmen games. I am now hearing rumblings about a young guy in Groves who can run and throw really well. Jaquez Turner(sp) is his name. I see a bright future. Nederland has some talent coming up in a couple of years as well.
I was told about Ned talent coming up 2 yrs ago, those kids should be in 8th or 9th grade now. Lookout for them. (And no they do not live in PA)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
MAN how could a potential WR choose NOT to play with Roschon at QB for his SR year. Wow. Hopefully minds will be changed.

prepballfan

Staff member
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:
I was told about Ned talent coming up 2 yrs ago, those kids should be in 8th or 9th grade now. Lookout for them. (And no they do not live in PA)

Thats who I am talking about with Nederland

Mr. Buddy Garrity

prepballfan said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:

Thats who I am talking about with Nederland
I think they beat our kids in pop warner for a couple years. Good RB coming im told.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
prepballfan said:

And great running back success. Harmon, Bertrand, Halfin, Cropper, etc. Now it’s Deslatte’s time to shine.

Shiner

Usedtocould said:
MAN how could a potential WR choose NOT to play with Roschon at QB for his SR year. Wow. Hopefully minds will be changed.

The kid has his own future to worry about. He is a highly recruited D1 baseball player.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
prepballfan said:

Have heard that many times over the years.

It doesn’t always play out that way.

Early success does not always translate to Friday nights.

prepballfan

Staff member
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/roschon-johnson-highlights-at-elite-11-finals/

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Dad, older brother talk about the inner drive, self-motivation shown by #Hookem commit @RoschonJ since he was a baby. https://t.co/2Mpq4oUHCx https://t.co/HzK3uZl5OE

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores