Running Game

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Over the past 2 years PN-G Indians fans have become accustomed to great performances at the running back position. So great in fact that Isaiah Nguyen came within 100 yards of surpassing the all-time single season record for rushing yards held by Port Neches legend Gordon LeBoeuf. Nguyen also finished his PN-G career as #4 in career rushing yardage. In only 2 seasons of play.

Can the Indian running back room find the same success behind another big and talented offensive line? Can a single back generate similar numbers, or perhaps a platoon of backs? This season’s success hinges on having a reliable rushing attack. Time will tell. Let’s hope the attack starts tonight and continues throughout the regular season and playoffs.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Over the past 2 years PN-G Indians fans have become accustomed to great performances at the running back position. So great in fact that Isaiah Nguyen came within 100 yards of surpassing the all-time single season record for rushing yards held by Port Neches legend Gordon LeBoeuf. Nguyen also finished his PN-G career as #4 in career rushing yardage. In only 2 seasons of play.

Can the Indian running back room find the same success behind another big and talented offensive line? Can a single back generate similar numbers, or perhaps a platoon of backs? This season’s success hinges on having a reliable rushing attack. Time will tell. Let’s hope the attack starts tonight and continues throughout the regular season and playoffs.

And he didn’t fumble!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Isaiah was indeed a special player. I see some of Nguyen’s ability to find or create a running lane in Tyson Henry. And when it wasn’t there, Nguyen would hit the defender as hard as he could or slither through the tackles. We need to see that from all PNG backs on every play to really leverage that great offensive line. There won’t always be a lane wide enough to ride a bike through.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores