Scrimmage tonight

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I heard that the varsity was told the scrimmage would take place at 8:00pm tonight but I am betting if the weather doesn't approve it will be postponed until tomorrow. There is no way they can play if there is still lighning in the area. I haven't heard anything about the pep rally.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Boswick (Channel 6) just said that the rain should end around 7pm so maybe the scrimmage may happen tonight! I hope so.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G football solid in scrimmage vs. Memorial
By RYAN S. CLARK
August 21, 2009
Posted: August 21, 2009, 10:20 PM CDT

The Port Neches-Groves football team showcased its offense as best it could Friday night in a weather-delayed scrimmage against Memorial. The scrimmage kicked off more than two hours after its scheduled 5:30 p.m. start because of lightening in the area.

Once the scrimmage got underway, Faircloth had to have liked what he saw. PN-G opened to a 21-10 lead through two quarters, with each of his quarterbacks having a hand in a pair of touchdowns.

Faircloth shuffled junior quarterbacks Brennan Doty and Matt Desmond in and out of the lineup, giving fans a taste of what they might see in the regular season opener next Friday against Barbers Hill.

Doty completed 11 of 19 passes for 159 yards and a 22-yard touchdown pass to Spencer Deron. As for Desmond, he scored on a 1-yard run. PN-G got a third touchdown when Caleb Harmon scored on a 14-yard run.

Read more in Saturday's Beaumont Enterprise.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/pn-g_football_solid_in_scrimmage_vs__memorial.html

NONS81

They looked good!!!! Coach gets fired up, boy, I tell ya!!! LOL Lots of fans for a scrimage almost looked like a regular game with the amount of fans!!!! I had leave, I have a bad headache, but I was impressed.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
They were no posting the score on the scoreboard, but I believe the muffed punt that we picked up for a TD was called back on some kind of personal foul that no one could figure out. The score at the end of the second quarter was 21-10 as a result. The third quarter saw no first string action (I believe), and was when PAM was able to make the score look better at 21-17.

The first team offense and defense are something to behold. It is also my understanding that Faircloth hasn't even come close to opening up the defensive or offensive playbooks. We may not see those until district starts.

bandkid

Staff member
Why weren't the scores posted on the scoreboard? I kept track and came up with 21-17 PN-G as well, but couldn't figure out why that wasn't on the scoreboard.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Very good crowd tonight. They stood up for Cherokee which was played often. Could hear the band! The only bad thing was a PAM player broke his leg (compound fracture) and there was no ambulance there. Had to call the PNFD and an ambulance. Poor guy was lying on the field 15-20 minutes.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
pngfan93 said:
They were no posting the score on the scoreboard, but I believe the muffed punt that we picked up for a TD was called back on some kind of personal foul that no one could figure out.

If it was a muffed punt, then the kicking team, by rule, cannot advance the ball once it recovers. If the receiving team gains possession and then fumbles it can be advanced if recovered by the kicking team.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
For those who were at the game and saw Memorial's warm up.....see this. :nono:

http://video.kfdm.com/m/26001729/coaching-101-brandon-faircloth.htm

WOW!! :clap:

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
For those who were at the game and saw Memorial's warm up.....see this. :nono:

http://video.kfdm.com/m/26001729/coaching-101-brandon-faircloth.htm

WOW!! :clap:

What were they doing? I love the no bs attitude.

VegasNDN

Some of you might not want to hear it, but this is the Danny Malone Era Part II; crack skulls and ask questions later. It's gonna be fun to watch!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Within a few years PNG will have the premiere football program in SE Texas. That includes WO-S and Nederland.

With his intelligence and ability to motivate, and experience from some of the premiere programs in the state, Faircloth represents a new generation of coaching excellence. That along with the intangibles that PN-G possesses will equal greatness.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores