Scrimmages?

bbmom77

August 16 vs Hamshire Fannett @ PNG

August 23 vs Texas City @ PNG

Counting down the days!!! It's almost here!! :clap:

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
That Texas City scrimmage will give us a good look at what we got they are a highly rated team in 4a

badndn

500+ Posts
prepballfan said:
That Texas City scrimmage will give us a good look at what we got they are a highly rated team in 4a
TC will be a good test because they will have similiar size and numbers.
HF has a very good group of Sophomores this year led by QB Kendrick King. This group hammered WOS the past few years in MS. It will not be the HF of old, but they will be limited in numbers.

png94

100+ Posts
Im really glad we have 2 scrimmages. We will have a young team and there are positions that arent set yet. QB, linemen, d line. I think Langston( soph) will compete for d line, Moran( soph) o line, and who knows at QB. Both will be on the field no matter what. Walker proved to be a great asset at CB at the end of last season. Will be interesting to see how it all works out. Defense to me will depend on the front 3. If they are good, the d will be good. Other 8 are seasoned and have experience.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Looks like that good group of fresh are trying to make their mark I like the bright future the Indians are headed to

bandkid

Staff member
This year will be better, next year will be good and the year after that will be one for the history books.

bbmom77

PNGNDN55 said:
There is only 3 sophomores' move up, wr jack giblin, RB kody cropper, and QB Adam Morse

Bryce Meche...and Trey Rembert (moved up at end of last season) are also sophomores on varsity.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Scrimmage observations.....

Offense - the o line had plenty of size and opened some nice holes. Halfin and the backup #21 ran well. Wardlow? Is a nice weapon out of the backfield. Walker threw the ball really good but has a hard time in the pocket picking up his targets. He threw it nicely on roll outs. Morse is bigger and threw the ball good also. He was victim of some drops early.

Defense - lots of speed and they were all hitting and tackling well. The outside linebackers and d ends got constant pressure on the qb. There were numerous sacks and at least three forced turnovers.

Overall we out scored HF 6 tds to 0 that I saw. I will wait until we play Texas City before being able to form a true picture of this team but they have the pieces to be good. HF was simply overmatched.

badndn

500+ Posts
Thought Ky looked verygood tonight. Throws a nice ball and accurate also showed alot of poise. Morse was the victim of a few drops, but he wasn't as sharp as Ky. Two good QBs. Halfin hits the hole quick and Cropper can flat out move. I think its a very good 1-2 punch. Rose looked good and Sparks in the slot was good. Didn't get the ball to Murdock.
Deffense was quick and swarmed to the ball. And thry were without Dawson who is possibly the best LB. LB corp is gonna be our stapple on D. Broussard looked very good.

Gonna find out how quick we are next week!

Overall I thought we were small, but faster and looked like we have more "Football" players.
Also Giblin #4 is a big kid as is Mczeal #80. Interesting to see how or if they use them on Varsity.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I agree with you Aki94. I thought the offense actually looked a liitle better than the defense tonight. That being said, both looked really good. There seems to be a lot of depth on offense,especially at the running back position. We definitely showed good speed on defense with some very solid hitting. I thought Walker and Morse both played well.

I saw the JV game but did not get to see the freshmen play. The JV team looked good at ruining back also(sorry did not know very many of these players names).The QB, Lemoine I believe, looked very poised even when he had some good passes dropped. #80 made some good plays and caught a long TD pass(people in the stands said he was a freshman). The defense looked pretty solid with many guys getting to play.

Overall 1st impression: Very good game against an over matched opponent.
I was impressed with the team speed of HF and their defense really was hard hitting.The QB was very fast and had a quick release. There were a couple of real good WR's too. Good job by the Longhorns.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores