Scrimmages?

indianforever

100+ Posts
After last nights scrimmage I am very excited about this year...I really believe we are going to make some noise this year and I think we are going open some people's eyes when we beat Silsbee week 0!!

badndn

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
#80 made some good plays and caught a long TD pass(people in the stands said he was a freshman).
#80 was McZeal. He also layed out the HF kid on the sideline on the INT return from the endzone during the Varsity scrimmage. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him this season. Four years ago at Texas City a big freshman WR named Armanti Foreman tore us up. We'll see him as a Sr and a UT commit next week. See some similarities?

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
indianforever said:
After last nights scrimmage I am very excited about this year...I really believe we are going to make some noise this year and I think we are going open some people's eyes when we beat Silsbee week 0!!

Beating Nederland would taste better!!!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
DB's still need a lot of work. Tackling was a little better, but we'll need to do a lot better when playing a running QB with containing the middle and corners.

PNGNDN55

I thought the oline overall did solid, saw one of them putting Fannet kids on there backs every play think his number was 59, guard i think.. does anybody know that was? He was a very nasty player, thought defense was alright, still need to work on tackling.. Hope Mangini can play is week, and I heard Dawson (MLB) might be coming back. think this team will do good.. Ready to watch this Friday scrimmage against the #10 team in the state.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Wow!!! Way to go TEAM!! In the game like portion of the scrimmage we beat Texas City 35 to 21.
We did it on the ground and in the air. Defense had at least 2 turnovers. The Monday night booster club meeting should be a show. :clap: :clap: :clap:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I wasn't able to stay for the entire scrimmage since I am working days today. I was impressed with the simulated game though!! If TC is truly a #10 team, HOLY COW! We are light years ahead of last year.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I made the scrimmage. My first time to see the split scrimmage format...controlled 1st set; game-like conditions during the second set. I like that format...our coaches were working with kids on the field in game-like conditions, which will make us better. The game conditions give you a feel for what the coaches put in place to execute. Smart way to scrimmage.

We are a better team this year. The running game is a legit threat again. Two of our OL play mean and nasty. We have one OG that has some power in his drive blocking, he opens holes, and he plays with a nasty attitude. We missed that last year. On defense, we are small and we missed a ton of open field tackles that gave up extra yards, but we have 11 kids busting their rear ends to get to the football. Seems we rotate a lot of kids on defense (DL and LB), which is a good thing to keep fresh legs. A good power team may out-physical us in some games just due to size, but when you have 11 kids all going after the football, good things will happen. PN-G will surprise some people and be in the hunt for a playoff spot. The passing game is really good...don't know if TC kept things vanilla and made us look better than we are, but our passing game was on the money last night. We tossed that ball around pretty good, much better than last year.

I'm ready for the Summer Creek game...the first one I'll get to see (on a Thursday). :)

Go Indians. Peace.

badndn

500+ Posts
indianforever said:
Who is the big guy for PNG that has not been playing in the scrimmages...I'm guessing he is hurt
Last week Linebacker Robbie Dawson who was very impressive second half of the season last year after sitting out for transfer rules (transfered from San Angelo) sat out with an injury. Not sure if he played this week or not.

bbmom77

badndn said:
indianforever said:
Who is the big guy for PNG that has not been playing in the scrimmages...I'm guessing he is hurt
Last week Linebacker Robbie Dawson who was very impressive second half of the season last year after sitting out for transfer rules (transfered from San Angelo) sat out with an injury. Not sure if he played this week or not.

Chris Mangini has been sitting out also with a shoulder injury. Hoping he's back soon!

indianforever

100+ Posts
png1977 said:
badndn said:
indianforever said:

Chris Mangini has been sitting out also with a shoulder injury. Hoping he's back soon!

when is mangini expected to be back?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
badndn said:
indianforever said:

Yes, he played against TC

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores