Senior Bowl - Roschon

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I missed the Senior Bowl. How did Roshon Do?
Senior Bowl practice begins Jan 31 and runs through Feb 2. The game will be played on Feb 4th.

DATE: Saturday, February 4, 2023
TIME: 1:30pm CT
WHERE: Mobile, Alabama
STADIUM: University of South Alabama, Hancock Whitney Stadium
TELEVISION: NFL Network

90NDN

500+ Posts
He accepted the invite to the Senior Bowl, so this won't interfere with the NFL Combine...I haven't seen that he pulled out to instead focus on the combine.....I just assumed he would be doing both.

90NDN

500+ Posts
He is expected to be drafted regardless, so hopefully i'm not wrong on the combine invite.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Senior Bowl Practice Day 1:

NATIONAL: RB Roschon Johnson, Texas​

roschon-johnson

The spotlight was on Bijan Robinson this season, which overshadowed the pure talent of Roschon Johnson. He has a chance to make a big-time rise in his NFL Draft stock. He was beating linebackers in one-on-one pass-catching drills and showed off his footwork in position drills. Make sure you know who Johnson is when the clock starts on the 2023 NFL Draft.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
skip ahead to 9:30.

Realize this. If he had gotten the same number of carries as Bijan Robinson at Texas, RJ would likely have had as many yards as Robinson and been declared as one of the top backs in the nation. Also a better blocker and better hands than Robinson.

Last edited:

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Broke his hand during this (1st day) practice and will not play in SB game. Will reportedly not require surgery but could also limit participation in combine. So sad, as it is reported that he really impressed the scouts on day 1 and was gaining momentum with regard to draft position. Hopefully someone will see through this terrible bit of bad luck and give him the chance he deserves. If so, he will not disappoint.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Well that sux..he should still be able to compete in combine drills for things like vertical jump and 40 yard dash I would think...I still haven't see he has gotten an official invite ... but not sure why he wouldn't get one.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Dude is going to have NFL coaches saying where did this guy come from? Answer should be from being hidden in the shadows of UT’s failures to utilize talent. They were too focused on Bijan Robinson’s success. All the scouts talking about how slow RJ is are insane. No he does not cut on a dime but he has a great burst and 22.6MPH top end is far from slow. As a comparison, Tyreek Hill from the Chiefs was timed at 21.91 mph in 2021.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores