Senior Bowl - Roschon

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Horns, meh. Gig’em Aggies!
Except the Aggies have their own history of letting good QBs sit on the bench.

Once upon a time there was a QB from Port Neches-Groves that set passing records in his only season as a starter, but rather than having an opportunity to continue to improve, his promising A&M legacy was short circuited by a coaching decision to replace him…

90NDN

500+ Posts
Yeah, that turned me sour on the Aggies for quite some time until a coaching change came....that was all about promises to McNeil for signing with A&M.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that turned me sour on the Aggies for quite some time until a coaching change came....that was all about promises to McNeil for signing with A&M.
Sure was. And for head coach R.C. Slocum to appease the critics and keep his job. Unfortunately for him, that was not the difference and he was forced to resign after the 2002 season with a dismal season record of 4-8. We will never know but maybe, just maybe they would have had a better record if he had allowed Long to continue as the starting QB and develop. Reggie McNeal was not the answer. But in all fairness, the Aggies of that time period had little in the way of offensive or defensive talent to support the QB position and success in general. If that had not been the case, Dustin Long and the Aggies of 2001 would have had even more success than their 6-6 season record.

Indian99

500+ Posts
Sure was. And for head coach R.C. Slocum to appease the critics and keep his job. Unfortunately for him, that was not the difference and he was forced to resign after the 2002 season with a dismal season record of 4-8. We will never know but maybe, just maybe they would have had a better record if he had allowed Long to continue as the starting QB and develop. Reggie McNeal was not the answer. But in all fairness, the Aggies of that time period had little in the way of offensive or defensive talent to support the QB position and success in general. If that had not been the case, Dustin Long and the Aggies of 2001 would have had even more success than their 6-6 season record.
Was a rough go, no doubt. It was a hard time to be an Aggie football fan in those days. From losing Slocum to the horrible Fran years. Dustin just got caught up in the middle of it all unfortunately. He did end up being very successful at Sam Houston after that however. He also finished out his degree to have an Aggie diploma hanging on his wall.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I saw him play as a Freshman
Little known fact
He played at Tenaha
He would have 50 yds in front of him and hang back at the line of scrimmage so he could complete more passes

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Anyone see
The Kraken will display an Indian tribe logo.
With SUPPORT of the tribe by the team
WHICH MEANS $$$$$$
So as we suspected it’s more about the money
If we sent some tribe money it would be all good n

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores