SETCA 2024 Football All-Star Game

100+ Posts
Did anyone else attend this game last Friday evening at Lamar Stadium? If I understand it right, the team representatives are seniors, nominated by each team's coaches, who are not planning to play college football, are available and willing, etc. They have 3 or 4 practices then play the game. PNG's two representatives were Isaiah Nguyen and Dylan Talbert. None of the PNG coaches were on the field, but I saw Coach Joseph and Coach Parsons in the stands, and I heard that Coach Smith was also in the stands.
The game itself seemed to me almost like a sandlot game with refs. Lots of action, lots of flags, a few tempers flared, and the final score was a 20-20 tie. PNG and other nearby area schools were the East team, and they got their 20 points from 2 safeties, one field goal, one TD + EP, and one TD with a failed 2-pt conversion.
There were lots of good athletes, but not as much discipline. Two players that stood out to me as the obvious most disciplined players on the field were our two PNG representatives, which is a testament to the training they've had, especially for the past two years I think. They both played well, and I was proud of them. By the way, it's neither here nor there, but I think the East could have won very handily if Nguyen would have had more playing time, and if Talbert would've been the one blitzing and the other LB the one falling back into short coverage. West had few rushing yards, and all of their TDs came on long TD passes.
Anyway, they both did well, and their composure reflected on their training. We were all proud of them. And here's to continued success for PNG.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores