SETX football All-Star Game!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Final

East 10
West 14

Attendace was better than I suspected it would be. NDNBand has a great picture of the home side. The visitor side was open also.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
All-Star game pics.

East team run play.
DSCF9724.jpg

Another run play be East team.
DSCF9727.jpg

General view of crowd and field.
DSCF9737.jpg

Last play of first half with view of home side.
DSCF9745.jpg

Home side of stadium at halftime. Good size crowd for first game of All-Star game.
DSCF9748.jpg

Ozen band at halftime.
DSCF9752.jpg

TV replay just said crowd estimate of 3,200 to 3,500.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
squaw said:
pngfan93 said:
Have any players been announced yet?

Caleb Harmon, Clete LeBlanc, and Dre Dunbar are the only PNG players.

Ashton Reasons is from PNG.
Somewhere I posted asking why Reasons wasn't on the roster anywhere. Someone said he might have moved, but he wasn't on anyone's roster and not on the program from last night but he did play. Again, anyone know what's up??

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With all the emphasis on football in SE Texas, it's surprising to see such a low turnout of 3,500.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
With all the emphasis on football in SE Texas, it's surprising to see such a low turnout of 3,500.
I think the weather being hot stopped some from coming, but we were pleased that it was fairly pleasant in the stands because our stadium has a nice breeze. Also, we terribly missed the band and Indianettes and cheerleaders. No Cherokee!! The game was so-so. Not anything I'd pay to see again. I thought anything PNG was downplayed (I do admit that I'm biased). It was a game in our stadium, but it was NOT a PNG game. Caleb did a great job of blocking for Keal and the others but I didn't think he got the credit for it that he deserved. Now, this was just my opinion! Don't trash me for it. Oh, one other thing, fans from other schools with cow bells were very annoying and rude.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I think the turnout was bigger than the Ford dealers where estimating. I went down to get a program before the game began.....they were out. One small box was all they were anticipating to use.

Squaw was right about the heat probably kept many away. The day was really hot but the home side was really comfortable with a nice constant breeze. I know the players were really hot. They should probably add to the rosters next time to allow some rotation of players because of the heat.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oh, I agree, OldEagle. It was a larger crowd than I expected, but not a usual PNG crowd. Think we may be spoiled a little? :laugh: I am not negative about the game and did enjoy seeing our boys again, but it was just not too exciting. I can't wait for August 28th to get here! Then we'll see some football.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Look at it this way -- The cheerleaders on our side from Hardin-Jefferson and Orangefield probably cheered for their largest crowd ever when they cheered last night. It puts the attendance more in perspective.

Each school only had a few kids represented, and that meant that no school was going to have fans out in force. PNG and Nederland were the best represented I think, but the game was in our stadium and in their back yard. Also, PNG had 4 players which may be the best representation that was out there.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I didn't care about the crowd size. I felt like I was bored out of my mind at this game. I understand that the players and coaches didn't spend a whole lot of time together, but it seemed like the coaches didn't know how to use their personnel in a favorable manner. I can only take so much of the option/read, with a QB forgetting to read, and instead just QB-sneaking the ball every other play.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Well...I didn't get to go to the game... :(...but I watched it on TV, and I thought it was great for the first one! The game was a lil slow and boring at times, but all in all not bad for 3 practices. I think it was a great experience for all involved and they couldn't have picked a better venue ;D!!

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
I hope they continue this game each and every year. I also like the idea of giving away scholarships, that was pretty cool.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores