Silsbee Game

pngfan66

500+ Posts
As in all the previous years I think everyone is holding back not knowing what the team can do. Its the same thing almost every year. Fears thats all oh and superstitions as well. LOL
I think this team had a difficult Freshman year but since then they are well above 500 on the winning side. JV years this group did very well. And to top it off they have now all been in the system for 4 years. As some say we have a very low talent side to this years team, but my opinion is that you can say all you want, we have probably the best coaches in the district. Our coaches bring out the best in these boys. I expect a very competitive season with great success. I prefer to be optimistic than pessimistic !

phetonb

I am ready, and counting down the hours until I head to Silsbee Friday night!!!

I guess I need to get there early......it will be a blast!!!!

Ndnpride

Does anyone know if the radio guys are going to be broadcasting on 92.5 for this game? I know they normally do for regular season games but I wasn't sure if they would for pre-season. I'm stationed around 3.5 hours away and don't get off duty till around 6:00 that evening. I'm driving back right after work so that would make some real interesting listening if you know what I mean.

Longbow

I think our JV is stacked and should go 10-0. There is a whole lot of talent there. The only thing that may change that is if our Varsity has injuries and they pull several of these JV boys up. Walker will be the JV QB. It is my understanding that he is the #2 varsity QB behind Smith. Only problem is if Smith gets injured and Walker played on Thursday night, he (Walker) will not be eligible to go in the varsity game. The UIL requires 5 days of rest between games so Walker could not play again until the following week. Let's pray that everybody stays healthy.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Ndnpride said:
Does anyone know if the radio guys are going to be broadcasting on 92.5 for this game? I know they normally do for regular season games but I wasn't sure if they would for pre-season. I'm stationed around 3.5 hours away and don't get off duty till around 6:00 that evening. I'm driving back right after work so that would make some real interesting listening if you know what I mean.

92.5 will NOT be airing the games this year. Hopefully there will be a link to the station that is airing it. Joe Arnold, Paul Brown and Robert Arnold will all be calling the game, and I THINK it will be on something called "Legacy". I'll let you know more as I learn more.

vocalindian

Here is the link to the new site for PNG broadcasts. Please pass this along.

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/PNG/png2.h

Here is a media release from earlier today

For Immediate Release
PNG Football Broadcast More Accessible, More Mobile
You’ll have more places and options to listen to PNG football this season than ever
before, including two radio stations, two smart phone APPs and numerous websites.
Joe Arnold, play by play announcer for the broadcast team said it was a bitter sweet
decision. “We’ve been on FM radio for a long time and were hesitant to make a
switch, but the new selections give our listeners so many more options. At the end
of the day, it’s all about the listener experience and these new outlets give them
more options to listen on their terms. Our biggest concern was staying on the radio
for the folks that didn’t have internet or smart phone access particularly our older
audience who are often shut?ins”, said Arnold. The games will now be carried on
the Legacy Sports Network website as the primary carrier with supplemental
broadcasts on AM 1450, AM 1550 and PNGINDIANS.COM as well as other websites.
The broadcast are still underwritten by BASF FINA Petrochemicals with all ad
proceeds going to PNG High School in the form of scholarships. BASF FINA
Petrochemicals manager for community and Government Affairs, Carol Hebert says
giving back to the community is important to the company. “It’s a great way for the
site to show our commitment to the community while allowing local business the
opportunity of showing their support for the home team, all while raising money for
scholarships”, Hebert said.
To listen to the games you can log on to the Legacy Sports Network at
www.legacysportsnetwork.com or tune in to AM 1450 or AM 1550 on your radio.
You can also listen on your iPhone or android smart phone with the Legacy Sports
Network mobile app or iHeart Radio app. Additionally, you can listen on the
Cumulus Radio website at http://www.lagrand1450.com/, and
www.pngindians.com. For more information please contact Joe Arnold at
409.344.3133 or Eric Sullivan at 409.832.2027.

png94

100+ Posts
Our Freshmen A team plays at home tonight at 5 against Silsbee also. Come out and support your future Indians! :popcorn:

pngmom4

500+ Posts
png94 said:
Our Freshmen A team plays at home tonight at 5 against Silsbee also. Come out and support your future Indians! :popcorn:

the concession stand will be open and fully stocked. Once again, we will be serving Chick fil a and pizza inn pizza

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
LETS GO I-N-D-I-A-N-S ! ! Good luck Friday to all the Varisty ! PEVATO I want to see you truck someone! JV TONIGHT ! LETS GO # 20! SCALP-EM ! We are proud of you brother! :rocks:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores