Soccer Updates?

bandkid

Staff member
Any news on soccer? I know the girls' team was off to a great start and both teams play LC-M tonight. After the incredible season last year, I figured we'd be hearing a lot about them this year.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I was told today by an LCM parent that our girls and the LCM girils are both undefeated. I am not surprised by our girls, Coach Bates always seems to have a great team

bandkid

Staff member
The boys team won their first playoff game against Liberty last night, 4-1. The girls play Jasper at Lamar's soccer stadium tonight at 6.

bandkid

Staff member
The girls beat Brenham (a first) last night, 3-2, and have made it to the fourth round of the playoffs (also a first). I know that from here on out, the playoff format get's a little wierd, but I believe this is the last round before the state tournament. I could be wrong about that.

Willis knocked the boys out last week.

bandkid

Staff member
I heard today that Midway hasn't been scored on at all this season. Don't know if that's true.

Either way, the girls had an excellent season. It's not every year that a team breaks its own record.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores