Some Summer Creek Info.....

wacape

100+ Posts
Some Summer Creek Bulldog personnel....

WR Dequan Ruffin...4.6 speed
LB Dakota Allen...6-1, 220lbs, 4.7
RB Jordan Braden...5-10, 175, 4.5
LB Mark Domio...6-0, 215, 4.7

and the "Big Dawg"....Junior Aaron Sharp(6-3, 175, 4.6). Last season....completed 152 passes out of 229(that's a 66% completion rate!) with only TWO interceptions for 2,322 yards and 22 TD's.

Summer Creek went 9-2 and were bi-district finalists last year. They're in a tough district with Barbers Hill,Crosby, Dayton, Humble, C.E. King, Kingwood Park, New Caney and Porter.

It doesn't look good.... ::)

pngfan66

500+ Posts
actually it looks great. Another great opportunity for the boys to step up their play even more. With all these speed teams its going to help the team. I try and take the good over the bad. You never know what can happen.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
I agree 66! A quality opponent here gets us ready for district play. WOS exposed our weaknesses this week, and tells the coaches what to work on. I look for a better game from our Indians on Friday. Scalp 'em!

Whodat

Would agree but it's tough to coach your team faster, even if you know that's your weakness, JMO

pngfan66

500+ Posts
We have gone thru some rough spots in the past 3 years starting out. I'm not worried. We have 2 starters out right now who will be back for District play. Both on the D side. Also AJ needs these first games to get his feet under him and get the Friday Night Lite tempo down. We will be ok. I'm glad we are playing top quality teams our first 3 games. It will do nothing but improve our level of play come district. Some teams schedule weak teams so they can blow them out of the water. I'm so glad BF is our coach, he knows along with his staff that the team needs work in area's and they work on those area's hard.
On another note. The whole QB thing is now and should be a dead horse. No more talk about it. After the WOS game everyone should know AJ is our leader and QB.

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
We have gone thru some rough spots in the past 3 years starting out. I'm not worried. We have 2 starters out right now who will be back for District play. Both on the D side. Also AJ needs these first games to get his feet under him and get the Friday Night Lite tempo down. We will be ok. I'm glad we are playing top quality teams our first 3 games. It will do nothing but improve our level of play come district. Some teams schedule weak teams so they can blow them out of the water. I'm so glad BF is our coach, he knows along with his staff that the team needs work in area's and they work on those area's hard.
On another note. The whole QB thing is now and should be a dead horse. No more talk about it. After the WOS game everyone should know AJ is our leader and QB.
He seems to be the best on staff - I agree

Squaw1

Referring to the fans supporting the team, I certainly hope they don't all leave after halftime or sooner as they did last week. I was proud of those, including us, who stayed to the end. We think we owe it to the boys.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Agreed Squaw. It's disheartening to see the stands empty out after the Marching I. But then again, maybe the only entertainment they came for is 1/2 time!

My kid's in the band, but I'm there for the FOOTBALL!

bandkid

Staff member
PNG Proud said:
Agreed Squaw. It's disheartening to see the stands empty out after the Marching I. But then again, maybe the only entertainment they came for is 1/2 time!

If that was the case, they'd always empty out after halftime every year, regardless of the team's performance. That didn't happen in 2007, 2009 and 2010, but it happened at almost every game after MCM in 2008.

As much as we hate to admit it, PN-G has fair-weather fans (not fair-weather band parents, as is often the convenient excuse). I don't like it any more than y'all do - if you're going to go for the game, you need to be there for the full 48 minutes of regulation plus overtime when called for - but that's just the way it is.

The bright side is that even after the stands start to empty, PN-G still has more fans than the other team most of the time. That's a testament to the size and strength of the fanbase.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I am sure the stadium will be packed but trust me there will be plenty of parents that will leave after their kids get finished cheering in the 3rd quarter. The Varsity Cheerleaders and Indian Spirit put on their annual Cheer Clinic this past Saturday and the young kids will cheer at this game.

Last week we stayed until the end cheering on those boys. That is the least we can do for them since they played their hearts out.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
It infuriates me that outsiders have to always find something to bash PN-G about. It's not good enough that win or lose, we continue to have one of the largest home crowds week after week and are known for traveling with larger crowds than some of the teams we play in their own stadium - yet folks have to drill it down as to why there is a "mass exodus" during the 3rd and 4th quarters whether we are winning or losing. ::) ::)

Well, newsflash... this happens in every venue at every level of sports. It happens to the Texans, the Cowboys (yes, America's Team also looks up in the 3rd & 4th quarters to see a noticeable less crowd than in the 1st and 2nd quarter), University of Texas, A&M and countless others. Some people have prior commitments early the next morning, some people want to beat the traffic, some may have little ones that need to be in bed at a reasonable hour and others may just be bored and want to leave.

Every year, people always seem to drag this topic out as a way to attempt to taint the pride and tradition that has been established here at PN-G. As stated below, even after some of our fans find their way to the exits, we typically still have more fans than the opposing team time and time again.

Good luck to the NDN's this year and may everyone come and go as they please - as long as you are supporting the team. That IS what is MOST important!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
It infuriates me that outsiders have to always find something to bash PN-G about. It's not good enough that win or lose, we continue to have one of the largest home crowds week after week and are known for traveling with larger crowds than some of the teams we play in their own stadium - yet folks have to drill it down as to why there is a "mass exodus" during the 3rd and 4th quarters whether we are winning or losing. ::) ::)

Well, newsflash... this happens in every venue at every level of sports. It happens to the Texans, the Cowboys (yes, America's Team also looks up in the 3rd & 4th quarters to see a noticeable less crowd than in the 1st and 2nd quarter), University of Texas, A&M and countless others. Some people have prior commitments early the next morning, some people want to beat the traffic, some may have little ones that need to be in bed at a reasonable hour and others may just be bored and want to leave.

Every year, people always seem to drag this topic out as a way to attempt to taint the pride and tradition that has been established here at PN-G. As stated below, even after some of our fans find their way to the exits, we typically still have more fans than the opposing team time and time again.

Good luck to the NDN's this year and may everyone come and go as they please - as long as you are supporting the team. That IS what is MOST important!
I agree 100%. My take is people hate PNG so much they look for ways to bash us. If people leave early then thats their problem and the sad part is they miss out. To each their own.

hpt2012

IBLEEDPURPLE said:

Well, newsflash... this happens in every venue at every level of sports. It happens to the Texans, the Cowboys (yes, America's Team also looks up in the 3rd & 4th quarters to see a noticeable less crowd than in the 1st and 2nd quarter), University of Texas, A&M and countless others. Some people have prior commitments early the next morning, some people want to beat the traffic, some may have little ones that need to be in bed at a reasonable
hour and others may just be bored and want to leave

Not being sarcastic IBLEEDPURPLE, Do you know for a fact that the outsiders are bashing are beloved PNG, Was someone taking a poll as the Indian faithfuls were leaving the stadium?? PEACE

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
hpt2012 said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:

Well, newsflash... this happens in every venue at every level of sports. It happens to the Texans, the Cowboys (yes, America's Team also looks up in the 3rd & 4th quarters to see a noticeable less crowd than in the 1st and 2nd quarter), University of Texas, A&M and countless others. Some people have prior commitments early the next morning, some people want to beat the traffic, some may have little ones that need to be in bed at a reasonable
hour and others may just be bored and want to leave

Not being sarcastic IBLEEDPURPLE, Do you know for a fact that the outsiders are bashing are beloved PNG, Was someone taking a poll as the Indian faithfuls were leaving the stadium?? PEACE

I can speak from experience that just this week I had two different individuals from WO-S ask me if the home crowd at the Reservation was aware that there are 4 complete quarters played in High School football. Seems like they both thought that we could have spelled out the entire word "INDIANS" during the halftime marching I if we would have included all the fans that were making their way to the exits.

Maybe I should have not used the word "outsiders" and perhaps just used the term, "some people". Maybe the entire rant was unnecessary - It just gets old hearing it year after year from others.

bandkid

Staff member
hpt2012 said:

Yes he does. It's called SETXSports.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Here we go again.... Different year, same story. I have a few thoughts on this.

1. I had the honor of meeting the man than the field at LU is named after. He played football years ago for Lamar. My nephew and I sat next to him and his wife at the UL-L game a few weeks ago. This man is an ultimate cardinal fan. He and his wife were ready to leave early that game, but couldn't because they rode a charter bus and had to wait to leave. I saw them at this last weekend's game, and they left early again. The first game, LU was loosing huge. THe second game, LU was winning big.

2. I left early during the WO-S game, and I did so for a few different reasons. Mainly, my upper elementary aged child is new to wearing contacts and they were killing her by the end of the game. It was time to leave and get them out. Second, PNG football, while a great thing to do is not all there is in life. Gasp! I know some will bash me for saying this. I had some things to do Saturday morning, and felt more like sleeping than watching the rest of the game.

3. PNG has so many fans that, even when many leave, we still have more fans at the emd of the game than most schools have at the beginning of their games.

My point, enjoy this for what it is -- a sport that gets the name of the school out there, gives players something to do to keep them off the streets, and gives them access to a GREAT coach who teaches them many of life's important lessons that they may not get any other way.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No offense to any age group, but there are a lot of older fans who may not be able to stay for all 4 quarters. We've had this discussion in years past. Anyone who has faithfully attended games for 50+ years as some have, don't owe an excuse to anyone. And if they want to sit while in attendance, that's their business.

Hearing derogatory comments from fans of teams that don't ever approach a similar level of support, even in the playoffs, is almost funny. You'd think they'd be contemplating their own small crowds.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores