Something to chew on.....

akifan94

500+ Posts
Just another quick note on our great season so far.....

PN-G is one of only three undefeated 4A teams statewide and the only undefeated team in D2.

I know it does not mean squat now that the playoffs are, but it goes to show how difficult it is to put together that kind of regular season.

:clap:

NDN06

100+ Posts
Does anyone know how many other schools with undefeated Varsity teams also had undefeated JV teams??

Now THAT'S and accomplishment!! Way to go INDIANS!!! :clap:

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDN06 said:
Does anyone know how many other schools with undefeated Varsity teams also had undefeated JV teams??

Now THAT'S and accomplishment!! Way to go INDIANS!!! :clap:

Lake Travis...just checked on Lake Travis and they have two JV teams and both have a loss this year. Waxahachie would be the only one eligible. ;D

NDN06

100+ Posts
WHAT ... but I thought LT was the BEST!??!

(Thanks 94, I tried to find LT's JV stats a while back and couldn't find it on their site... I was probably looking in the wrong place)

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDN06 said:

(Thanks 94, I tried to find LT's JV stats a while back and couldn't find it on their site... I was probably looking in the wrong place)

I found it on their booster club site.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
akifan94 said:
NDN06 said:

Hey wait from what the folks in Angleton say, they are the best team in the entire state regardless of 4A or 5A. I thought I read that LT JV went undefeated as well. Could be wrong or either I read it on the other site from a Angleton poster.

akifan94

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
akifan94 said:
NDN06 said:

Hey wait from what the folks in Angleton say, they are the best team in the entire state regardless of 4A or 5A. I thought I read that LT JV went undefeated as well. Could be wrong or either I read it on the other site from a Angleton poster.

Both their "Black" and "White" team show a loss to Westlake.

NDN06

100+ Posts
Waxahachie also has 2 JV teams, the green team was 7-2 and the white team was 2-4. Looks like PNG is the only one undefeated in both!! :woot:

These next couple of years should be quite a ride!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
We certainly have a lot to look forward to in the future on the Rez. Looking forward to our near-future this friday!! ;D

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
It's good to know that this could go on for at least another year. With this accomplishment we should be in the top 10 of the pre-season AP poll. I heard that our 8th grade teams are pretty good as well. Maybe we will have another dynasty like in the 50s and 70s.

NDN06

100+ Posts
That's what I am hoping for! I wasn't lucky enough to be in this world in the 70's, but I've head so many stories about home awesome it was to watch those few playoff years. I've been waiting for something like that to happen again so I can be there!

badndn

500+ Posts
NDNfan#1 said:
It's good to know that this could go on for at least another year. With this accomplishment we should be in the top 10 of the pre-season AP poll. I heard that our 8th grade teams are pretty good as well. Maybe we will have another dynasty like in the 50s and 70s.

Actually quite a few of those JV kids are Sophomores. The same Sophomore group that went undefeated as Freshman.
Some Sophomore names to remember:
#70 Kyler Nicotre LT (has been starting on Varsity for a few weeks)
#46 Jake Davis DE (has been on varsity for a few weeks and played alot against Central)
#23 Chase Bertrand RB (ran for over 1300 yards on JV)
#16 Jayce Nelson WR (Could be our next DeRon type WR)
#22 Tyler Lecour WR (quick like Reyenga)
#15 Travis Miller QB (Big kid. Legit 6'4"+. Learning the position. Mechanics are shaky, but he has a great teacher, BF! He also is very fast in the open field, suprisingly fast).

OldEagle

500+ Posts
It didn't look as though the JV player that were brought up after the regular season were there. The varsity players had their purple jerseys on with their names on the back. Didn't see any "new" names out there.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I don't think that the new players were there tonight. They will probably make their 1st appearance at tomorrow night's play-off game.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
OK I'm up, dressed and ready to go ! Dangit now I have to let the anxiety get me till 730 tonight !!!! :crazy: lol

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores