SPRING GAME: 6 PM Monday, May 13, at Indian Stadium

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm not sure, but the money may be more of a requested donation. In the past, student groups have used sporting events as an opportunity to raise money for activities, e.g., project graduation. I doubt the school district will prevent anyone from watching the spring game over $5. If student groups are wanting to raise money, please publicize it. You will get out of town alums donating money left and right. If NDN Press or other student groups want money, post it -- ask for it. You will get die hard alums sending money asap. Just like we did for the band to have an overnight lock-in before traveling to DFW to attend the state championship game. PN-G alums and fans have no problem supporting student groups.

90NDN

500+ Posts
All about the Benjamins these days...with the way the economy is and how much things cost, they understand that the fans are so proud of a state championship team and the realize the stands will be packed with anticipation imo. As 1989NDN said, just ask if your looking to raise money, but don't charge for something like a "Spring Game" to get in.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure, but the money may be more of a requested donation. In the past, student groups have used sporting events as an opportunity to raise money for activities, e.g., project graduation. I doubt the school district will prevent anyone from watching the spring game over $5. If student groups are wanting to raise money, please publicize it. You will get out of town alums donating money left and right. If NDN Press or other student groups want money, post it -- ask for it. You will get die hard alums sending money asap. Just like we did for the band to have an overnight lock-in before traveling to DFW to attend the state championship game. PN-G alums and fans have no problem supporting student groups.
Yes some of us were glad to contribute enough for many band members to be covered for that trip! And man was it worth it to see and hear that Indian Band putting on a show. The only band in attendance that day.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I’m excited for some FOOTBALL and the opportunity to check out the 2024 defending STATE CHAMPS so I don’t have a issue with the $5 fee. The cost for equipment, concessions, uniforms, utilities, facility maintenance…etc aren’t getting any cheaper and the UIL didn’t help with their RIDICULOUS realignment so I’m sure some of that $ will also go towards upcoming travel expenses. Plus, I’ll gladly pay the $5 if it helps keep them from having to significantly increase regular season ticket prices!

Usedtocould

1,000+ Posts
Well
And you add the title IX to your he mix and football pays for all other sports basically

We’ve had this discussion before I know.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Maybe its for a State Championship statue or something of the like

tony79

Is it first come, first serve or do I need to buy the tickets early before they sell out?
I'd really like to see the state trophy on display. Would love a picture of that.

bandkid

Staff member
Is it first come, first serve or do I need to buy the tickets early before they sell out?
I'd really like to see the state trophy on display. Would love a picture of that.
Ordinarily I’d say not to worry because there’s no chance a spring game will sell out, but after a state championship win? I honestly don’t know. Maybe season ticket holders need early access.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Haven’t seen a link posted to buy tickets and since they’re transitioning to a new ticketing system, they might just sale them in advance at the High School or pay at the gate…not sure though. I don’t think it’ll be a sale out but could be wrong cause I’m sure the chance to see the 2024 PNG Indians and defending State Champs will draw a big crowd.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I plan to drive-in from Houston for the Purple/White spring game and ring ceremony. State champions deserve that support. Seeing PN-G play football in May...like Christmas in May. Go Indians.

100+ Posts
I may go watch the Bulldogs game at 6:30 (for $5 also btw), maybe for a half, then head over to our stadium to catch the 2nd half, and the ring ceremony. I'm kind-of interested to see the "new" Bulldogs, and the new coach.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores