State Championship Photos and Video

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
1977 was also the year that the home side was expanded and the previous press box was built. I think we got a new scoreboard too.

The Indian football program made a lot of money in the playoffs the previous years and had some extra funds. Possibly more booster money too.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Did PN-GISD see an increase in season ticket sales for 2024? You would think that back-to-back state championship appearances and collecting the hardware last season would create a bump in season tickets. I can remember 1976-1980, season tickets were a hot item. PN-GISD sold SRO tickets had people standing two and three rows deep around the fence on the track and the old end zone bleachers were full. I can remember bandkid telling me that PN-G season tickets varied when he was in school from 4,000 - 4,500. It would nice to get around 5,000-6,000 season ticket holders. Multiply that number by at least two tickets per season ticket holder and you have will consistently have 10,000-12,000+ fans packing into The Reservation. That kind of home crowd would be intimidating for those schools that bring 500-1000 fans. Nederland, not so much. They are used to seeing a lot of purple of white, and they have a solid fan base of their own.
Pretty sure I saw all RESERVED seating SOLD OUT during season ticket sales and I think it’s been a while since that happened.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Fans are observing a historic run. As good as any in the PN-G books so far. Can they continue building the legacy? Yes!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I should have given more respect for the 53-55 run. Three state championship games in a row. Let’s see if the ‘24 team can do their part to equal that streak.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
+1. The last defensive stand vs SOC was the loudest game I can remember. I have family members that will argue 1975 Kashmere, 1976 Memorial, 1977 Kashmere, and 1977 Plano were just as loud and intense. My money is on the 2023 state championship game vs. SOC. It was loud, intense, and no one in the building was sitting down on that last defensive stand. I can't wait for August to get here! Go Indians!
You know there was some energy being projected to that field. It overwhelmed anything coming from the other side of the stadium.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
To me
There was one moment where we did the CHOP and that’s when the tide turned
I felt it
It was at a time we were down by two scores
I can watch it again to remember
But that’s when the game turned around

They had the ball
We stopped them kicked a FG and then got the onside kick.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
One thing for sure, your seat location makes a difference. In 2022 we were forced to sit in a corner section near the goal line. On the far opposite end of the PNG band and on the edge of the PNG crowd. But we were directly across from the other teams band. The non-stop bass drum and other brass noises, far from being actual music, ruined the entire experience for me. Not because we lost, it was a bad experience from the moment we sat down and began hearing it. In 2023 we were lucky enough to be nearer midfield. With the fans cheering and the Indian band blasting within hearing distance, that other band was just some occasional off-tune noises and drum banging in the distant background. Amazing and enjoyable difference from ‘22. It was one energetic PNG crowd that certainly helped the players rise to the occassion.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores