Summer Creek Bulldogs at Port Neches-Groves Indians Predictions

bandkid

Staff member
Summer Creek has speed - not as much as WO-S, but much more than we've got. The defense will have to do a better job of containing it. Their offense only returned a QB, a RB and a WR, so we might be able to play on some inexperience. Their defense returned five players, but defense wasn't their strong suit last year and they gave up 28 points to South Houston last week. However, they also scored 69 points and put up 600 yards on offense.

If we can work out the issues on offense and the defense can do a better job of containment, I can see the Indians taking advantage of a somewhat porous defense and winning the game at home. It won't be easy, it'll be close and it definitely won't be low-scoring.

31-28 PN-G

attakapandn

100+ Posts
no prediction here.. only thing i will say is the boys need to play fundermental football, no stupid pentalies, and tackle what makes them move the LEGS! Quit trying to take their heads off. If we do that i believe we win this game.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Defense better zero in on the SC QB- he's good and fast.

Best of luck to the NDN's. Let's get a win at the Reservation!

Layingemdown

Not falling for this little trick. If you tell the truth here, you get called a pessimist and people think you should get banned from the board.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Indiansalltheway said:
Indiansalltheway said:
they are ranked in the top 10 in the state....we will win in a upset
they are ranked 14 in the state

they are good - my brother-in-law coaches over their. They ae used to playing some elite teams throughout the year

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
Indiansalltheway said:
Indiansalltheway said:

they are good - my brother-in-law coaches over their. They ae used to playing some elite teams throughout the year

Elite Teams??? Please elaborate...... Sam Rayburn, South Houston (non district opponents in 2011)
Porter, Caney Creek, Humble and New Caney hardly seem impressive to me???

bark

1,000+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
bark said:
Indiansalltheway said:
Indiansalltheway said:

they are good - my brother-in-law coaches over their. They are used to playing some elite teams throughout the year

Elite Teams??? Please elaborate...... Sam Rayburn, South Houston (non district opponents in 2011)
maybe my brother-in-law is a little overzealous in his assessment, I think he was referring to the Crosby, CE King, Barbers Hill etc...type teams. You are correct they would not be elite teams == Summer Hill must be fairly good for the #14 ranking the other poster sited. Did you not see these teams on their schedule? I think they beat South Houston 60ish ti 20ish. I don't know how good they are - could you give us some insight as to the reason for the #14 ranking or is that ranking not true?

Will see how good they are Friday.

hpt2012

Layingemdown said:
Not falling for this little trick. If you tell the truth here, you get called a pessimist and people think you should get banned from the board.

Have to agree with you, Amen to that Layingemdown.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
bark said:
Indiansalltheway said:
Indiansalltheway said:

they are good - my brother-in-law coaches over their. They are used to playing some elite teams throughout the year

maybe my brother-in-law is a little overzealous in his assessment, I think he was referring to the Crosby, CE King, Barbers Hill etc...type teams. You are correct they would not be elite teams == Summer Hill must be fairly good for the #14 ranking the other poster sited. Did you not see these teams on their schedule? I think they beat South Houston 60ish ti 20ish. I don't know how good they are - could you give us some insight as to the reason for the #14 ranking or is that ranking not true?

No disrespect intended Bark. When I think Elite teams, my mind automatically thinks Southlake Carroll, Katy, Lake Travis, North Shore, Friendswood, Dayton.... however; I do think Summer Creek will be another tough test for the Indians. I believe they have an impressive squad and seem to be getting some accolades in the rankings, but we all know early season rankings can be misleading. I know they beat a weak South Houston team by 41 points, and had a bye week last week. So this should be a good test for both teams.

NDN's need a win at the reservation this Friday and show Summer Creek how we do it in 20-4A
!

bark

1,000+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
bark said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
bark said:
Indiansalltheway said:
Indiansalltheway said:

No disrespect intended Bark. When I think Elite teams, my mind automatically thinks Southlake Carroll, Katy, Lake Travis, North Shore, Friendswood, Dayton.... however; I do think Summer Creek will be another tough test for the Indians. I believe they have an impressive squad and seem to be getting some accolades in the rankings, but we all know early season rankings can be misleading. I know they beat a weak South Houston team by 41 points, and had a bye week last week. So this should be a good test for both teams.

NDN's need a win at the reservation this Friday and show Summer Creek how we do it in 20-4A
!
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Absolutley no disrespect taken!! I agree with you on your definition of elite teams. I am one of a few on this board who can agree to disagree. I enjoy the conversation and hpoe we do well Friday.
WOW - NDN's

nissanindian

100+ Posts
There is some craziness going around. I think we will do just fine its a non district game so win or lose it doesnt matter but we must continue to support our indians i promise they are doing all they can to win.

bandkid

Staff member
This is another game where I think the crowd really needs to get involved. Supposedly, this SC team is young. They may not have played in front of a crowd this big before. That could make homefield advantage that much more influential if all 8,000+ Indian fans pitch in.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
:guns:I feel this game is gonna be a lot closer than some believe. They played a very weak Houston team. I feel our defense will step up and make it a very tight game.

hpt2012

indianforever said:
hearing chipman quit the team yesterday...dont know how true it is does anyone else know or heard anything about this?

IDK if he actually quit, But I was told that he backed talk to Coach BF, My friend son plays with varsity and he mentioned that two seniors did quit the team IDK who they are, But hear more players are going to walk, But the word is that there is no leadership and some tension among this group of players in the lockeroom, My sons friend is saying that some team members are all about themselves. This wasn't an issue the past three years. Also heard that Peveto wants to play a new position, Don't shoot the messenger, This is coming from player(s) in the lockeroom. Sad to see this taking place.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores