Summer Creek Bulldogs at Port Neches-Groves Indians Predictions

bandkid

Staff member
hpt2012 said:
bamakid said:
As I understand it, he quit. That's all I've heard.

WOW, What's really going on!!!

I don't know. I have my own opinions but they're based on observations made when I was still in high school two years ago and a lot has changed since then.

In any case, I'm not too worried about it. I think PN-G will be fine. We still have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and there's a significant amount of talent coming up through the ranks. The program will survive.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Heard he is concentrating on Baseball. Anyway, the way I look at it is that its his loss to not be part of a great football program. I'm not concerned at all. Rose is a great receiver as well as several others. I try to be optimistic about it. There could be someone else to step in and fill his spot that is even better. You just never know.

bark

1,000+ Posts
hpt2012 said:
indianforever said:
hearing chipman quit the team yesterday...dont know how true it is does anyone else know or heard anything about this?

IDK if he actually quit, But I was told that he backed talk to Coach BF, My friend son plays with varsity and he mentioned that two seniors did quit the team IDK who they are, But hear more players are going to walk, But the word is that there is no leadership and some tension among this group of players in the lockeroom, My sons friend is saying that some team members are all about themselves. This wasn't an issue the past three years. Also heard that Peveto wants to play a new position, Don't shoot the messenger, This is coming from player(s) in the lockeroom. Sad to see this taking place.
?????????????????????????????
that's when team leaders take over - in '75 we had Wilson Weber and I know from being there that he squashed a lot of BS. Please don't WOW me but when players start quitting into the 3rd game of the season IT CAN NOT BE GOOD.

for the remaining I hope it pulls them togeather and lights a fire under their butt and win out.

go Indians

badndn

500+ Posts
So does this mean Rose moves to Chipmans spot and Murdock to Roses? You won't hear much outta Murdock other than "Yes Sir" and "No Sir"!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
OK. 2 players have quit due to apparently not getting any play time. They were back up players. Seniors. Chipman as far as I know did quit. I didn't hear anything about back talking though. Also, Peveto was moved to outside linebacker. I think his little brother is playing FS. As far as leadership goes, there is and will always be BS inside of a boys locker room. Sure someone needs to put their foot down on some mouths probably, but I wouldn't start saying that the ship is sinking. Just some bumps in the road. I'm sure Rose will be moved around as well as other receivers. Things are not as bad as they seem.

hpt2012

pngfan66 said:
OK. 2 players have quit due to apparently not getting any play time. They were back up players. Seniors. Chipman as far as I know did quit. I didn't hear anything about back talking though. Also, Peveto was moved to outside linebacker. I think his little brother is playing FS. As far as leadership goes, there is and will always be BS inside of a boys locker room. Sure someone needs to put their foot down on some mouths probably, but I wouldn't start saying that the ship is sinking. Just some bumps in the road. I'm sure Rose will be moved around as well as other receivers. Things are not as bad as they seem.

What's with the drama, Indian Nation should be focusing on a 9-1 season. I hear Hunter Miller (I hope I am getting his name correctly) is taking over Peveto's old position. As for Chipman, wishing him the best of Luck. There other players to take over, You have Seniors Tyler Coleman, Jacob Dorsey I think that's all the senior WR that I can think off. I say replace Chip with a senior. WR, Give them some Friday Night Light's LOVE

pngfan66

500+ Posts
hpt2012 said:
pngfan66 said:

What's with the drama, Indian Nation should be focusing on a 9-1 season. I hear Hunter Miller (I hope I am getting his name correctly) is taking over Peveto's old position. As for Chipman, wishing him the best of Luck. There other players to take over, You have Seniors Tyler Coleman, Jacob Dorsey I think that's all the senior WR that I can think off. I say replace Chip with a senior. WR, Give them some Friday Night Light's LOVE
We will be just fine ! Also remember they are using AJ at receiver as well with the rotation. That is a 6'5" person to throw the ball to. Talk about go up and get em !

bark

1,000+ Posts
old teacher said:
Somebody needs to tell these kids about malone!
????????????????????????????????????
forget Malone!! And I think we all have. IMO talk long term success like Ehtridge. Aside from some players that liked Malone I know 3 assistant coaches on that staff that despised him.. In fact, two of the coaches went to the dumpster to retrieve the memoribilia that he wanted disposed of.

The last time I posted this info. a couple of posters bashed me and that's ok. I can tell you of a Principal and 3 of his assistants that had nothing but bad things to say about him.

hpt2012

bark said:
old teacher said:
Somebody needs to tell these kids about malone!
????????????????????????????????????
forget Malone!! And I think we all have. IMO talk long term success like Ehtridge. Aside from some players that liked Malone I know 3 assistant coaches on that staff that despised him.. In fact, two of the coaches went to the dumpster to retrieve the memoribilia that he wanted disposed of.

The last time I posted this info. a couple of posters bashed me and that's ok. I can tell you of a Principal and 3 of his assistants that had nothing but bad things to say about him.

Thanks for your honesty, The truth hurts sometimes, But like my old man use to say "Deal with It". It was brought to my attention about another senior WR, Sorry for leaving out Servantes, My bad, I hope I spelled it correctly, if not forgive me. I pleaded the 5Th

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Well... I’m sure the "haters" will have a field day and turn this in to “the demise of PN-G football”. Truth of the matter is… no matter how good you think you are, there is no “I” in team. As competitive as PN-G athletics are, sometimes difficult and or unpopular decisions have to be made. I am confident that we have a coaching staff in place that knows what is best. I'm sure Coach Faircloth will have the team ready to play Friday night and many more Friday nights to come.

Best of the luck to both young men that decided to leave the team. I hope they find what they are looking for and are able to turn the corner while playing other sports for PN-G HS. Sometimes, things have a way of working out for the best. I think it is important to support all youngsters that participate in sports and not read too much into what may or may not have caused the separation.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
hpt2012 said:
pngfan66 said:

Or..... Let the coaches decided who needs to start based on talent. Being a senior should not be the criteria for starting. We are here to win, otherwise the old regime would still be here.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Good luck to all players going in a different direction! Nothing but respect for all indian players that contribute in any way to the team. All the hoopla and drama belong in the garbage can. Now is the time to focus and step up! And yes I might have to leave early but still pulling for the Indians !Friday can't come soon enough! No prediction how about just PNG FOOTBALL!!

Layingemdown

You could almost see this from a mile away. Just go ask the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers what they think from a couple years back about this Jr Class.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Layingemdown said:
You could almost see this from a mile away. Just go ask the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers what they think from a couple years back about this Jr Class.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
No disrespect but how did they make it to the 12h grade if they are/were a discipline problem? I played on the 75 and 76 teams and we had a bunch of "bad" kids - me included - BUT Troy and Ethridge kept us inline.

Football was our chance to excell and we all came together, I think this is Fairclothe's strong point.

Just my opinon

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores