Supporting the Kountze Lions

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
I know everyone has heard of this already. Other schools are showing their support with run thru signs. I have seen 1 pic of a sign showing Indian support...not sure what sport, looks like a younger group. Does anyone know if any support is being shown at the game on Friday?

bark

1,000+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
I know everyone has heard of this already. Other schools are showing their support with run thru signs. I have seen 1 pic of a sign showing Indian support...not sure what sport, looks like a younger group. Does anyone know if any support is being shown at the game on Friday?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Kevin Weldon is the Supt. and a PNG graduate '78 or '79. Taking a lot of heat probably on the recomendation of KISD's legal advisors as to how to respond to the religious "stuff" on the sign.

tuff situation.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
Through i support their cause and i grew up with prayers in school, the problem i see from this will be other religion groups either muuslim, wicca, satanic, etc will want to display or voice their verses etc. I am a christain and was taught to respect other people views of their religions so with that said are you all ready to listen , read or respect the others that come up and wanting to say or display their prayers etc?

bark

1,000+ Posts
attakapandn said:
Through i support their cause and i grew up with prayers in school, the problem i see from this will be other religion groups either muuslim, wicca, satanic, etc will want to display or voice their verses etc. I am a christain and was taught to respect other people views of their religions so with that said are you all ready to listen , read or respect the others that come up and wanting to say or display their prayers etc?
???????????????????????????????????????????
that is the problem, I would think some one else would want to express their faith. Muslin prayer for pregame? or nothing at night for Yom Kippur? I'm Catholic so we are good with the Bible and all that goes with it. Hope it doesn't become an issue at all schools.

different time different world. Sad

concernedfortx

I think it would be great for the students to support Kountze and their Faith! After all, this is AMERICA, a country founded on Christianity. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with showing your love for Jesus!

If other religions want to share on their behalf, who are we to judge? Last I checked, this was a free country that provide us the liberty to have free speech.

If you were before the Kingdom's Gate, would you say...no, I better not go in...what if someone from a different religion wants to come in that doesn't share my views?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores