Suspicious Hiring Practices......

squaw

1,000+ Posts
old dog said:
heck yea most people in the community would love to have Long
Sorry, Old Dog, but that is NOT what is being said in the neighborhood. Most want someone with no ties to this area, is a proven coach, can bring his own OC/DC, is a good family man and one who can motivate young men and help them become men we all can be proud of. Of course, we all want to win some ballgames along the way--preferably the state title OR at least beat Nederland. lol We do not want Long who will bring more of the same old, same old....

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
IndianFan said:
Since we're talking theories, I believe a very accomplished coach with some previous tie to the district has expressed interest in the job. This coach is so tremendous that the news, when revealed, will blow everyone away and remove any doubt or concern about the decision. This will be one of the biggest events in PNG football history. ;D Why not. We got the $10M stadium. Anything is possible.

IRVING (AP) - In a stunning development, Wade Phillips annouced today that he will be stepping down as Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys to coach at his high school alma mater, Port Neches-Groves High School. Phillips played for the Indians in 1964.

"You get to a point in your life when you say, where can I have the most impact and where can I find students of the game that are willing to learn all of what athletics has to offer. I concluded that it was a place where the athletes participate for the love of the game and still go by their first names. What kind of a nickname is "Pacman" anyway?"

When asked about leaving the Cowboys before moving into their new stadium, Phillips replied "Have you seen the new digs down at 'The Rez'? There is something about playing against a backdrop of the petrochemical industry, something that says, 'this is what sport is all about'".

Jerry Jones declined requests for an interview.

op71-2915.jpg

The aforementioned has no basis in fact, and as intended for entertainment purposes only. :)

Man, you had me going there for a sec! I was really hoping that was true!

lizard

squaw said:
old dog said:
heck yea most people in the community would love to have Long
I believe like most people that long would be agreat hire
Sorry, Old Dog, but that is NOT what is being said in the neighborhood. Most want someone with no ties to this area, is a proven coach, can bring his own OC/DC, is a good family man and one who can motivate young men and help them become men we all can be proud of. Of course, we all want to win some ballgames along the way--preferably the state title OR at least beat Nederland. lol We do not want Long who will bring more of the same old, same old....

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I, for 1, don't believe that Long is the BEST man for the job. I would strongly support him, if he gets the nod, but judging by what he's accomplished (or lack of) at Kelly, I don't feel confident that he could turn things around here.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
I, for 1, don't believe that Long is the BEST man for the job. I would strongly support him, if he gets the nod, but judging by what he's accomplished (or lack of) at Kelly, I don't feel confident that he could turn things around here.

I have to agree. I would support him 100%. However, there are candidates out there with better credentials...I might be asking a lot, but I want a complete turn around from this season. A good coach can make it happen...that is if the board does the right thing and gets the right coach.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
IndianFan said:
Since we're talking theories, I believe a very accomplished coach with some previous tie to the district has expressed interest in the job. This coach is so tremendous that the news, when revealed, will blow everyone away and remove any doubt or concern about the decision. This will be one of the biggest events in PNG football history. ;D Why not. We got the $10M stadium. Anything is possible.

IRVING (AP) - In a stunning development, Wade Phillips annouced today that he will be stepping down as Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys to coach at his high school alma mater, Port Neches-Groves High School. Phillips played for the Indians in 1964.

"You get to a point in your life when you say, where can I have the most impact and where can I find students of the game that are willing to learn all of what athletics has to offer. I concluded that it was a place where the athletes participate for the love of the game and still go by their first names. What kind of a nickname is "Pacman" anyway?"

When asked about leaving the Cowboys before moving into their new stadium, Phillips replied "Have you seen the new digs down at 'The Rez'? There is something about playing against a backdrop of the petrochemical industry, something that says, 'this is what sport is all about'".

Jerry Jones declined requests for an interview.

op71-2915.jpg

The aforementioned has no basis in fact, and as intended for entertainment purposes only. :)

Man, you had me going there for a sec! I was really hoping that was true!

And he's gonna bring Owens with him as receiver coach and locker room bouncer. It was reported Owens will also be completing his masters program in uncontrollable whining from the U. of Phoenix - online. :woohoo:

allstarmom

100+ Posts
The AD/head coach job is posted on the Texas High School Athletic Director's Association website. And, as a sidenote, of the 3 AD positions posted there, 2 require a Master's degree.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
allstarmom said:
The AD/head coach job is posted on the Texas High School Athletic Director's Association website. And, as a sidenote, of the 3 AD positions posted there, 2 require a Master's degree.

http://www.thsada.com/thsada_jobs.htm

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Technically, it never says required nor preferred. Required is presumed here, but there is still some grey area for the board to operate in.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
POSITION REQUIREMENTS:

Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university

Experience: Five years of successful teaching and coaching experience

Licenses/Other: Valid Texas teaching certificate with physical education endorsement required

ILLUSTRATIVE DUTIES:

· Direct and manage district’s athletic programs and indoor facilities.

· Demonstrates strong teaching ability in relating knowledge of football to athletes.

· Utilizes positive motivational techniques that emphasize the values of competitive athletics.

· Work cooperatively with Girls Athletic Coordinator to support the Girls’ Athletic program.

· Manages and supervises athletic activities, contests and practice sessions that promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork and good sportsmanship.

· Supervise all boys’ athletic coaches as to length of workouts, types of formations, placement of players, and lettering of players.

· Recruit, recommend, train, and supervise all boys’ athletic department personnel and make sound recommendations to principals about personnel placement, assignments, retention, discipline, and dismissal.

· Responsible of conducting complete inventory of all equipment, preparation of budgets, and communication of documented needs.

· Complies with policies established by federal and state laws, State Board of Education rules, UIL rules and local policies

APPLICATION PROCEDURES:

Applicants: Submit District application to:

Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services

Port Neches-Groves ISD

620 Avenue C

Port Neches, Texas 7765

Application Deadline: January 9, 2009

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
On that job posting it also said that Salary was "Administrator Pay Grade 4" or something like that. Does anyone know the dollar range of this pay grade?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores