Talent coming up

NONS81

While Benoit and Kerr were awesome at Linebacker - you have some talented QB's in each of them - I have heard good things about Doty also, but he is younger and has time to develop his talent. DeRon has an awesome set of hand at reciever, but speed is not his best atribute. But he can catch just about anything you throw him. Need to open up some more holes for the RB.

We definately need to work on pass protection - O line was weak in my opinion - not sure who taught them to just fall down, watch the films and you will see what I mean by that. Blocking is definately something that needs to be worked on.

Throwing to TE looks clumsy to me, just an observation. Need to work on that.

Defense was pretty awesome but I can't think right now of who is coming back. I know Girolamo will be returning, but can't think of anyone else - drawn a blank.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
Last year they had hosses like Dallas Davis and Greg Lunceford standing on the sidelines chomping at the bit to get on the line. Maybe if they, and others like them, can get in the game we might have some holes opened up and/or some QB sacks on D.

TheBoysMom

Whodat said:
Based on what I've seen, we don't have much coming. 8th/7th grade teams getting SMEARED

This years freshman won district, A and B teams. There's plenty of talent coming up, and PN-G will be strong at least through the class of 2012.

It's true the middle school teams were weak this year, but that could be turned around with the right staff. The boys who are now freshman as well as all of the upperclassmen from Groves were coached by Mike Arnaud. Many think that's a big factor in the huge difference in the levels of success between the teams.

lu cards

100+ Posts
Whodat said:
Based on what I've seen, we don't have much coming. 8th/7th grade teams getting SMEARED
both 7th grade teams were very competitive and won several games pn 8th went 3-3-1.groves 8th did struggle but had some big boys where pn had a ton of skill kids but lacked the beef.put the two together and you should have a good 9th grade team.the freshmen have won district the last 2 years.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
For what its worth, THE PN 8th B Team won many of its games. I don't know the record off the top of my head, but there was some talent on the B squad. I saw this one kid (don't know the name) play at the QB, RB, and WR positions. He looked pretty good at all three. He just needs refinement. Now if we can quit losing our talented kids to Nederland.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If PN-G can get a system in place and get things back on track, I bet you'll see a reverse flow of Nederland kids wanting to play for the Indians!

NONS81

IndianFan said:
If PN-G can get a system in place and get things back on track, I bet you'll see a reverse flow of Nederland kids wanting to play for the Indians!

I bet you are right, there.

NONS81

PNGIndianFan06 said:
I agree the O-line seemed off last season; if they could have held Tatum would have probably had a better year.

Hopefully, Coach Welch will remain with the team and able to concentrate on this area - he is a heck of an O line coach.

badndn

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:
I agree the O-line seemed off last season; if they could have held Tatum would have probably had a better year.

Hopefully, Coach Welch will remain with the team and able to concentrate on this area - he is a heck of an O line coach.
Ditto. Whether or not Welch was responsible for the poor playcallig last year ( I tend to think he was acting on MB's wishes) one thing is for sure when he was the OLine coach alone, we had some great lines. We need him back in that capacity!

NONS81

badndn said:
NDNS81 said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:

Ditto. Whether or not Welch was responsible for the poor playcallig last year ( I tend to think he was acting on MB's wishes) one thing is for sure when he was the OLine coach alone, we had some great lines. We need him back in that capacity!

He has my vote!!!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
NDNS81 said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:

What everyone says about Welch being a great O-line coach is true. Sure, there has been years when PNG had great size on the O-line, but if I recall correctly, in 1999 our O-line wasn't huge like the 2003 line, yet Welch had those guys disciplined. They knew their schemes and executed them to perfection.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores