Tepee for new Indian Stadium

Pngrick72

Why don't we get a real Indian tepee to put inside the stadium grounds. The company that made the tepees for "Dances with Wolves" sells them for around $2700. That's for the largest size, 26 foot poles, They also will customize the tepee for PNG. Just like when we bought misting fans a few years ago, we could easily raise money for this, I like that they can be lit from inside. Everyone would really know the're at "The Reservation".

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
Re: tepee for new stadium

How quickly could they be set up and taken down? That would be pretty cool and start another tradition. Think we should use one as a run though?

Pngrick72

Re: tepee for new stadium

The company says the tepee could be assembled in 2 to 3 hours, the liner inside takes another 1-2 hours.The liner inside is to really live in one, we probably don't need the liner which would make the price less.

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
:woot: HEY I LIKE THOSE!! I WANT ONE FOR MY FRONT YARD! THAT WOULD BE TOOOOO COOOOOOL. INDIAN KEN

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Those are cool but where would u put one.I picture the staduim in my head and there isn't any space where I think it could go maybe one on each side of the scoreboard.But I don't think we would want to use one as a walk thru the head dress is a good one.still wish they would have put an indian head or something at midfield besides just PNG

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like something that would attract the attention of the the politically correct police. :)
Given the actions by these groups that have resulted in many schools being forced to change their mascot and name, I would recommend against it. (Sorry to put a damper on the fun ideas but that's one fan opinion.)

A really cool idea for the stadium is a sign similar to Odessa Permian that shows the playoff history. No other team in this area has SIX state championship appearances and THREE state championships to their credit. That's something to be proud of and display to the world.

http://pngindians.com/playoffhistory.html

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
A really cool idea for the stadium is a sign similar to Odessa Permian that shows the playoff history. No other team in this area has SIX state championship appearances and THREE state championships to their credit. That's something to be proud of and display to the world.

[/quote]

I agree!! It would be nice to pay tribute to some of the great teams of the past with flags and or monuments.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I think the jumbo-tron should periodically flash the seal of the Cherokee Nation that was given to the district.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I think the jumbo-tron should periodically flash the seal of the Cherokee Nation that was given to the district.

OOoooohhh...that's a GREAT idea!! What a great way to honor the Cherokee Nation, what would have to be done to make that happen?

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Sounds like something that would attract the attention of the the politically correct police. :)
Given the actions by these groups that have resulted in many schools being forced to change their mascot and name, I would recommend against it. (Sorry to put a damper on the fun ideas but that's one fan opinion.)

http://pngindians.com/playoffhistory.html

I think we are protected by the Cherokee Nation. The Chief of the Cherokee Nation once said that he would "never" ask us to change our mascot or our traditions because PNG displays the Pride and Honor of the Cherokee People. I don't think a TeePee would hurt anyone's feelings any more than anything else we have in relation to Indians (Native Americans).

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
What would have been really cool and respectful would have been to ask some "real" Cherokee Indian Dancers to come and dance at the first game at the new stadium. Maybe before the game or during half time.

My youngest daughter is Native American. We have talked to the Chief's out at the Livingston Indian Reservation before, about I guess you would call it "Indian Ediquite". Not about PNG in particular, but schools and mascots in general. There are a couple of things that PNG does today that "possibly" may rock the boat and are border line on disrespect in the eyes of a Native American. I will tell you this, they take a head dress very serious and very symbolic! They do not take kindly when someone puts one on and dances around acting stupid. Like in mockery (not talking about how our Indian spirit does it) That's is where the G-crew needs to be careful and never do that! They also do not like someone to do mockery of certain colors. Each Indian tribe has various colors and symbols that are symbolic to them. That's where PNG is lucky. Purple is not a very popular one of those colors. Most Native American's are very peaceful and very big nature lovers.

ScalpEm24

I couldn't agree more w/ the simplicity of the "PNG" on the 50 yd line. I just can't belive they have the perfect chance to do something nice and eyecatching and they agree to just put PNG as boring looking as you could put it.
I attended a game this weekend at Deer Park and they have the logo that is on the side of the helmet on their 50yd line.....that woulda been sweet to put that across the 50. Again, just my thoughts, but regardless the stadium is a beautiful sight, that is for sure!!!!

tribesman

100+ Posts
They sewed the letters in the end zones, which leads me to believe that you could purchase a new mid-field logo and add it later...

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
tribesman said:
They sewed the letters in the end zones, which leads me to believe that you could purchase a new mid-field logo and add it later...

Te "PNG" at the center is also sewn in. It wouldn't be a big deal at all to change out later. The worst of it would be getting all the black pellets off, saving them, and putting them back on.

Pngrick72

What someone on another website said about a tepee at the Reservation.
aries456
Senior

Re: How about this at Indian Stadium
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:41:09 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not gunna lie, that would be amazing... Kinda gives you chills thinking about walking into the Reservation and seeing it here...

Report to moderator Logged

N

NDNPARENT

it would be cool to have a totem pole inside the stadijm.

and it would be cool to have every telephone pole down mermian painted in a totem pole from the corner down to the school.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
it would be cool to have a totem pole inside the stadijm.

and it would be cool to have every telephone pole down mermian painted in a totem pole from the corner down to the school.

Now that would be cool.

N

NDNPARENT

YEAH.. GET THE PERMISSION FORM THE UTILITY COMPANY AND LET THE ART CLASS AT THE HIGH SCHOLL DO THE PAINTING OF THE POLES

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores