Texas City vs. Port Neches-Groves

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Reliant Stadium Friday at 8 pm right after the Nederland game. I believe that Texas City has a great defense and even held Manvel Mavericks to 21 points.
Texas City 5-5
Home record is 2-3
Away record is 3-2
Points for 283
Points against 255
Texas City 21 Clear Lake 28
Texas City 7 Dickenson 47
Texas City 40 Galveston Ball 21 OT
Texas City 48 Santa Fe 41
Texas City 44 Galena Park 0
Texas City 48 Fort Bend Willowridge 0
Texas City 0 Manvel 21
Texas City 12 Fort Bend Marshall 42
Texas City 39 Fort Bend Elkins 21
***Playoffs***
Texas City 24 Waltrip 14

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
prepballfan said:
Reliant Stadium Friday at 8 pm right after the Nederland game. I believe that Texas City has a great defense and even held Manvel Mavericks to 21 points.
Texas City 5-5
Home record is 2-3
Away record is 3-2
Points for 283
Points against 255
Texas City 0 Manvel 21
***Playoffs***
Texas City 24 Waltrip 14

5-5. Meaningless. We all know how records can be deceiving. Angleton had a less than stellar record a few years ago. But they had plenty of firepower on the night they played the Indians.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
prepballfan said:
Texas City 5-5
Home record is 2-3
Away record is 3-2
Points for 283
Points against 255
Texas City 0 Manvel 21
***Playoffs***
Texas City 24 Waltrip 14

5-5. Meaningless. We all know how records can be deceiving. Angleton had a less than stellar record a few years ago. But they had plenty of firepower on the night they played the Indians.
If I remember correctly, Angleton's record was also 5-5. Also, TC is coming off an upset of a previously undefeated team. Best not to be overconfidant.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
NDNzeke said:
IndianFan said:
prepballfan said:
Texas City 5-5
Home record is 2-3
Away record is 3-2
Points for 283
Points against 255
Texas City 0 Manvel 21
***Playoffs***
Texas City 24 Waltrip 14

If I remember correctly, Angleton's record was also 5-5. Also, TC is coming off an upset of a previously undefeated team. Best not to be overconfidant.
that was not an upset. Waltrip district is horrible. It was expected TC would win that game.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I realize Waltrip's district is weak, but I still think TC is likely to play much better than a 5-5 record would suggest.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a thought. Not a lot of teams will be able to slow down the Indian offense.

It will take a team with a great offense and defense to beat PN-G.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
TC losses have come to Clear Lake (not the same team we handled two years in a row. CL good team this year) Dickinson. (Both 6A teams) FB Marshall Manvel and OT to Galveston Ball. I do expect us to win by 3 scores though. I spotted 8-9 TC team members at the Crosby game and they sat on the PNG side (could have been more on away side) I heard someone tell them "all y'all have to do is stop the QB". Haha good luck with that.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stop the QB, and avoid the blocking, and keep up with the receivers, and stop the running backs, and avoid making mistakes, and...

There’s a lot more to it than stopping one player. It takes 11 doing their job to be unstoppable.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Nvm its tomorrow from 8-4 at the ticket office then again on Thanksgiving morning at practice on the track.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Stop the QB, and avoid the blocking, and keep up with the receivers, and stop the running backs, and avoid making mistakes, and...

There’s a lot more to it than stopping one player. It takes 11 doing their job to be unstoppable.
Totally agree. Just because we have one fantastic player (or at least one that stands out) doesn't mean the rest of the team isn't fantastic. PNG has a history of playing better than they look on paper. It's a lot tougher to play mistake free support of a superstar than people think. Even though RJ had 10 total touchdowns it took the sure hands and speed of the WRs (I only remember one drop all game and it was a 1-2 yard play) plus over 5 yds per carry by a SOPHOMORE RB -- these things make a big difference -- the defense might have struggled against a fantastic offense but they battled their hearts out. (All 4 secondary are underclassmen) Our OL doesn't get enough credit as well.

SethNDN

Usedtocould said:
"all y'all have to do is stop the QB". Haha good luck with that.
How many fourth down, first and goal at the one, and 2 point conversion situations has PNG been in this year. Everyone in the stadium knows what's coming. Hasn't been stopped yet... And you have to contain Riggs? Good luck with that.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
If this one on Texan Live don't watch it on desktop view it will freeze, watch on mobile. I've had no issues doing that.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The 10 touchdown total is amazing and Johnson had as hand in all of those. But the receivers scored 5 of those.

This is a very good offense led by an amazing QB. Going to be tough for anyone to stop.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Can we get tickets locally or is it at the game only? I will be coming into town for Thanksgiving. Thanks

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Looks like we are visiting team, while Nederland is home team. Does this mean we will be sitting on opposite sides? I can't recall if the home team always has the same side (e.g. the press box side) in a stadium like reliant.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores