Texas City vs. Port Neches-Groves

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Fun game to watch, from a spectator point of view, but not what I expected. After last week, I thought we'd be fired u a bit more. I thought we'd hang about 30 on them, but good defenses make you change your plans and schemes. Happy for the win (gift) and I really feel bad for the poor kid that fumbled at the end.

We still have a ways to go to be ready for CS, or Georgetown. Gonna be tougher each week.

Proud of those Indians!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I was too harsh last night. Which was simply out of frustration because the Indians really had some great defensive opportunities to stop the opponent more frequently.

It was a better defensive performance. Kudos to the players who are always hustling. I just wish there could be more hats on the defenders followed by a good wrap up. The arm tackling is less effective.

Great interception, great fumble recovery, some good TFLs, and held them to 17. Way to go defense.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
Fun game to watch, from a spectator point of view, but not what I expected. After last week, I thought we'd be fired u a bit more. I thought we'd hang about 30 on them, but good defenses make you change your plans and schemes. Happy for the win (gift) and I really feel bad for the poor kid that fumbled at the end.

We still have a ways to go to be ready for CS, or Georgetown. Gonna be tougher each week.

Proud of those Indians!!!

Uncharacteristic drops from Indian receivers had a lot to do with that. At least one TD and several long completions weren’t realized. Otherwise the offensive momentum would have been greater. That and TC had a solid defense made for an uncharacteristic night. But the defense stepped up and did their part on this night.

90NDN

500+ Posts
When did the center get hurt? Was the first game ive been able to attend and was wondering why so many line snaps and false starts etc. They (offense) did seem out of sync, but defense played well all things considered minus that one td for 82 yds. Hopefully another week of practice will help the o-line.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG TC
First downs 19 14
Rushes-yards 281 270
Passing yards 67 81
Total yards 348 349
Comp-Att-Int 8-19-0 9-19-1
Fumbles-lost 1-1 1-1
Penalties-yards 8-55 4-30
Individual leaders
RUSHING — PNG: Johnson 18-159, Preston Hughes 2-25, Gavin Deslatte 14-75. TC: J. McDaniel 11-26, Phillip McDaniel 6-45, Jones 9-80, Davis 5-74.

PASSING — PNG: Johnson 8-19-67
TC: P. McDaniel 9-19-81.

RECEIVING — PNG: Riggs 3-28, Stansbury 2-5, Ceja 1-8. TC: Dayton Booker 5-60, Nicolas Milburn 2-8, Jones 1-6.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
90NDN said:
When did the center get hurt? Was the first game ive been able to attend and was wondering why so many line snaps and false starts etc. They (offense) did seem out of sync, but defense played well all things considered minus that one td for 82 yds. Hopefully another week of practice will help the o-line.

Last week on the final drive. I think it was a play or two before we punched it in to seal the win over Crosby. So the back-up hasn't had much work with with 1st team offense yet. I think last night will go a long way in helping him gel.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Moving Preston Hughes #6 to CB has helped the secondary in pass coverage. He has the speed and quickness to play press coverage and stay with his man. #17 jumped a pass route and got a big INT to start the second half. Overall, the secondary lacks a big hitter. I think it was #17 that put a good lick on a TC WR on a sideline crossing play, but other than that big time hit, the TC WRs ran free. The PN-G front seven is not too bad. They have some kids that pursue the football and they will hit you. #47, #34, #4, #26, #90, #37 will all come hit you in the mouth. On TC's long run, they blocked the play well, #26 was tackled from behind or he would have made the play, and our secondary, well, they don't tackle well. On offense, just out of sync. TC had a lot to do with that. Their defense was similar to PAM. Big and fast up front. TC DL and LBs ran every bit as fast as PAM. PN-G was not going to outrun TC to the perimeter. TC was fast sideline to sideline and they hit you. The Indians had two big drops (wide open drops)...one for a TD and one for a long gain. Plus, the QB#2 had two overthrows...one would have been a TD to Riggs, the other a long gain/possible TD down the middle. Also, on a deep out throw to #12, he was in double coverage and the QB#2 missed a wide open streaking #9 for a TD. I mean he was wide open running free and no TC DB was within 20 yards of him. The coaches and QB will see it on tape and think, my Lord, we missed one here. TC was keyed on #2 and #12. It was no secret. #5 ran like a bull. His best game that I have seen. He was tough to bring down and he punished people looking tackle him. I hope he is OK. He was running on the sideline and stretching. I hope his knee/ankle are OK. Tough kid. His back up is small and slender, but he is quick and showed some wheels on the winning TD. #5 and #21 are a nice combo. Thunder and lightning (PN-G's version). I wonder why we have not seen more of this combo? Finally, we need to get the snap right. QB#2 saved a ton of bad snaps, which may have thrown off his timing. Overall, the OL held up well vs a big and fast TC defense. They made some running lanes, protected the QB well, and had few penalties...just the scary snaps. #12 Riggs was money on the deep kick-offs. He put two of them out of the end zone. No more pooch kicks. Let #12 kick them out of the end zone! Good job #12.

On to CS or G'town. Keep it rolling Indians. Nice to see the Marching I inside NRG Stadium.

As an aside, Manvel v. nederland. Give nederland props for fighting, scrapping, and never giving up. Manvel was a miniature college team. Size, speed, and talent across the board. nederland was out-matched and out-talented on both sides of the ball, but those 'ol pesky bulldogs never gave up, kept fighting, and made a game of it until about 7 mins left in the game. nederland QB was slinging the football all over the field...taking shots from the Manvel DL and LBs, but he kept slinging the football...kudos to him...tough kid. Kudos to nederland...they played hard, but Manvel was a 6A team playing a 5A team. Good season nederland.

Go Indians. Peace.

twrpng

100+ Posts
I agree with everything you said 1989NDN Great assessment the defense looks at lot better by having Hughes at corner this defense has been looking for a leader all year IMO # 6 will give you that. # 2 and # 12 will be fine next week but THE Center To QB will need work this week it had Johnson's timing off a bit. If the D plays the best game of the season and the offense clicks we should be fine next week. It's Gonna be another barn burner.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
1989NDN said:
Moving Preston Hughes #6 to CB has helped the secondary in pass coverage. He has the speed and quickness to play press coverage and stay with his man. #17 jumped a pass route and got a big INT to start the second half. Overall, the secondary lacks a big hitter. I think it was #17 that put a good lick on a TC WR on a sideline crossing play, but other than that big time hit, the TC WRs ran free. The PN-G front seven is not too bad. They have some kids that pursue the football and they will hit you. #47, #34, #4, #26, #90, #37 will all come hit you in the mouth. On TC's long run, they blocked the play well, #26 was tackled from behind or he would have made the play, and our secondary, well, they don't tackle well. On offense, just out of sync. TC had a lot to do with that. Their defense was similar to PAM. Big and fast up front. TC DL and LBs ran every bit as fast as PAM. PN-G was not going to outrun TC to the perimeter. TC was fast sideline to sideline and they hit you. The Indians had two big drops (wide open drops)...one for a TD and one for a long gain. Plus, the QB#2 had two overthrows...one would have been a TD to Riggs, the other a long gain/possible TD down the middle. Also, on a deep out throw to #12, he was in double coverage and the QB#2 missed a wide open streaking #9 for a TD. I mean he was wide open running free and no TC DB was within 20 yards of him. The coaches and QB will see it on tape and think, my Lord, we missed one here. TC was keyed on #2 and #12. It was no secret. #5 ran like a bull. His best game that I have seen. He was tough to bring down and he punished people looking tackle him. I hope he is OK. He was running on the sideline and stretching. I hope his knee/ankle are OK. Tough kid. His back up is small and slender, but he is quick and showed some wheels on the winning TD. #5 and #21 are a nice combo. Thunder and lightning (PN-G's version). I wonder why we have not seen more of this combo? Finally, we need to get the snap right. QB#2 saved a ton of bad snaps, which may have thrown off his timing. Overall, the OL held up well vs a big and fast TC defense. They made some running lanes, protected the QB well, and had few penalties...just the scary snaps. #12 Riggs was money on the deep kick-offs. He put two of them out of the end zone. No more pooch kicks. Let #12 kick them out of the end zone! Good job #12.

On to CS or G'town. Keep it rolling Indians. Nice to see the Marching I inside NRG Stadium.

As an aside, Manvel v. nederland. Give nederland props for fighting, scrapping, and never giving up. Manvel was a miniature college team. Size, speed, and talent across the board. nederland was out-matched and out-talented on both sides of the ball, but those 'ol pesky bulldogs never gave up, kept fighting, and made a game of it until about 7 mins left in the game. nederland QB was slinging the football all over the field...taking shots from the Manvel DL and LBs, but he kept slinging the football...kudos to him...tough kid. Kudos to nederland...they played hard, but Manvel was a 6A team playing a 5A team. Good season nederland.

Go Indians. Peace.
it was a 5A team playing a 5A team smh lol. Check Manvel enrollment, they will be our district mate along with TC more than likely next yr. Good win Png. Good season Dogs.

90NDN

500+ Posts
I don't see how Manvel is 5a though....that area isn't declining in population.. not sure why they didn't have enrollment to stay 6a.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

90NDN said:
I don't see how Manvel is 5a though....that area isn't declining in population.. not sure why they didn't have enrollment to stay 6a.
guess you haven't heard of Shadow Creek which opened last year.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

90NDN said:
Negative ghost rider ... what class are they currently?
Brand new school, we will know after realignment, more than likely they will be 6A, Manvel actually got smaller like us, but as with us as well wont affect athletics at Manvel.

BMTSoulja1

Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.
it was a 5A team playing a 5A team smh lol. Check Manvel enrollment, they will be our district mate along with TC more than likely next yr. Good win Png. Good season Dogs.
SMH. I thought everyone would've known that...

BMTSoulja1

Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
90NDN said:
Brand new school, we will know after realignment, more than likely they will be 6A, Manvel actually got smaller like us, but as with us as well wont affect athletics at Manvel.
Really crazy. The school is in Alvin school district with Manvel, but the school resides in Pearland city limits. So, is Shadow Creek really pulling from Manvel or Pearland and Dawson?

Mr. Buddy Garrity

BMTSoulja1 said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
90NDN said:
Really crazy. The school is in Alvin school district with Manvel, but the school resides in Pearland city limits. So, is Shadow Creek really pulling from Manvel or Pearland and Dawson?
pulls from Manvel. SC turned in 2181, Manvel turned in 1827. Of course you might have a few parents from Pearland and Dawson or even Alvin High somehow get their kids to SC since its a newer school but the main pool is Manvel. Wont affect athletics, talent pool is rich in that area.

BMTSoulja1

Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
BMTSoulja1 said:
Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
90NDN said:
pulls from Manvel. SC turned in 2181, Manvel turned in 1827. Of course you might have a few parents from Pearland and Dawson or even Alvin High somehow get their kids to SC since its a newer school but the main pool is Manvel. Wont affect athletics, talent pool is rich in that area.
Gotcha...

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores