Texas City

NDNThunder

OK, I'm going to be totally optimistic that the PNG football season will be played as scheduled. With that said, I see on channel 7 that Texas City is now an away game. Is it going to be played at TC? If this has already been discussed, I missed it.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I thought that was one of the games to be played at Memorial Stadium. It's not right to have to go to TC.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Maybe they got TC to agree to playing us in PN next year. That'd make several home games in a row early in the season next year.

C4L

Since your stadium wasn't going to be ready in time for the TC game, they agreed to swap locations. Y'all will host the Stings next year.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
That might not be a bad idea.

BTW, I found out why we play Ned @ Ned this yr. again. It's because, since the U.I.L. re-aligns every 2 yrs, we also reschedule on a 2 yr basis, so, it may seem that 1 team or another plays at home more often, but in reality, out of every 4 yrs, each team plays 2 home and 2 away games.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Texas City, like La Marque, is a great game to have on the schedule. Glad Coach Burnett is scheduling some quality opposition.

Anyone know the reason for discontinuing the week 0 double header at Reliant?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The reliant made too much money
2.gif
from all the PNG fans and had to pay higher taxes last yr...didn't like it.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Im happy to be part of the first 4A teams to play in Reliant Stadium and we all know it will not be PN-G's last game there.

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
IndianFan said:
Texas City, like La Marque, is a great game to have on the schedule. Glad Coach Burnett is scheduling some quality opposition.

Anyone know the reason for discontinuing the week 0 double header at Reliant?
THE MAIN REASON THEY CANCELLED IT WAS THE WAY THEY TREATED OUR FANS LAST YEAR! THERE WAS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF COMPLAITS FROM OUR FANS AND ANOTHER REASON WAS THEY WERE SO PRICIE ON THEIR FOOD AND DRINKS JUST FOR A HIGH SCHOOL GAME! INDIANKEN

C4L

PNG Proud said:
Howdy C4L...long time no see!

Hey Proud... been busy trying to convince some of our fans (on CSN) that they need to have realistic expectations.

C4L

Just got off of the telephone with a good friend of mine who is a member of the top officiating crew in the Greater Houston Chapter. (They did last night's TC/Alvin game.) Anyway, he was extremely impressed with TC's RB (Justin Branch). The kid ran for a little over 300 yards and he has good speed. As has been the case with the Stings for quite a few years, they don't have much of a passing game.

PS: I enjoyed talking to you after the azz whupping last night, Bud.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G has a good back in Wright. 190 pounds, 400+ pound bench press, state champion power lifter, and 4.45ish speed. Still waiting for him to bust loose with a 200 or 300 yard game though.

The great backs have something that's beyond strength and speed. I'm hoping Wright finds that extra element. If he does the sky's the limit.

Penny

If he's running a 4.45ish speed that would put him in an elite group of backs in the country, college backs included. That is faster than the majority of backs that ran in the nfl combine. 4.45 is very,very rare for a high school back he should see plenty of 200/300 yard games.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Penny said:
If he's running a 4.45ish speed that would put him in an elite group of backs in the country, college backs included. That is faster than the majority of backs that ran in the nfl combine. 4.45 is very,very rare for a high school back he should see plenty of 200/300 yard games.

Poor memory on my part. Should have said 4.55 Still fast and the 35 reps on the bench press is better than most linemen.

2009 ALL-AMERICAN BOWL GAME INVITATIONS
1. OT Hunter Poole, 6-5, 320, 5.2, 36 Reps, Tallahassee Lincoln, FL - 1,187 ASSET
2. DE Chris Crenshaw, 6-2, 231, 4.71, 32 VJ, 4.25 Shuttle, 108 SBJ, Louisville Jefferson County, GA - 1,166 ASSET
3. DE Omar Ontiveros, 6-3, 230, 4.7, 32 VJ, 4.2 Shuttle, 33 Reps, Austin Westlake, TX - 1,155 ASSET
4. RB Joshua Wright, 5-9, 195, 4.55, 4.12 Shuttle, 35 Reps, 120 SBJ, of Port Neches Groves, TX - 1,152 ASSET

http://www.maxemfingerrecruiting.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=303

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
C4L said:
Just got off of the telephone with a good friend of mine who is a member of the top officiating crew in the Greater Houston Chapter. (They did last night's TC/Alvin game.) Anyway, he was extremely impressed with TC's RB (Justin Branch). The kid ran for a little over 300 yards and he has good speed. As has been the case with the Stings for quite a few years, they don't have much of a passing game.

I enjoyed it too Glen. Looks like my Injuns are going to be taken to the woodshed too.
And next week doesn't look much better. :-\

C4L

PNG Proud said:
C4L said:

I enjoyed it too Glen. Looks like my Injuns are going to be taken to the woodshed too.
And next week doesn't look much better. :-\

Never say never (unless it's 35-6)!

PS: Stop that TC RB and y'all will do okay.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
OK, I take it all back...we win by 1.
Man, I should have as much faith as the players do huh!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores