Texas football coach refers to Roschon Johnson as “alpha” leader for Longhorns

bandkid

Staff member
This is the pits. RJ has been a constant force and contributor, setting the standard for work and efort. Now he's going to lose probably half a season of production, and knowing how UT operates, he may not even get the playing time when he returns. If that plays out, this is the last year I support Texas. He could always redshirt this year or take his extra covid year and come back as the starter in 2023.

*cough, cough* or transfer *cough*

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
(With the free Covid year. If he gets a graduation year (whatever that’s technically called) he could play QB for 3 years
Maybe my math is wrong or rule understanding

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes I was aware legally a SR but eligibility a JR
Redshirt this year transfer to LSU lead them to the national championship

VegasNDN

I'm a UT season ticket holder and have spoken with a few BIG donors. Word is if he doesn't get the touches and film he needs for a legit draft evaluation, he transfers and starts for one year elsewhere. As for the ankle, he was suited up and on the field Saturday with a heavily taped ankle. That locker room has been his since last year. Players and staff love him and sees what we've seen for a while.

And OU still sucks!!

90NDN

500+ Posts
If only Bijon hadn't already been named to the AP's Pre-Season All American list. I really hope he goes elsewhere (on a good team) where he is the RB1. I think at this point it is too late for QB.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Good article. But why limit him to screen pass? They are sitting on a tremendous weapon and appear to not recognize the full extent of that weapon. However, I do find it interesting that several fans on the horns “rivals” website have expressed an interest in using him as the ACTUAL QB against UTSA. They may have a better understanding of the situation than the coaching staff, with the only caveat being that he would surely be rusty at the position in the absence of adequate pre-game preparation at the position.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores