Texas Football Magazine 2024

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Looks like Walgreens and Market Basket in Port Neches and Groves should be selling it.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The narrative that the DCTF writer chose on the 5A-D2 championship summary is unfortunate. Once again, the writer chose to highlight the defensive stops that SOC made. And the penalties called. When in fact SOC was stopped even more often and even less impressive on offense. Come on DCTF, you can do better than that. Stop with the North Texas hype.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
UPDATE…I emailed DCTF to find out when the FULL version of the magazine that includes Coach Jeff and Gary Joseph fold out cover and interview would be available at local retailers. I got a reply and apparently the ONLY way to get it is pay for a subscription or wait til after Summer and order a copy from their website. I’m POSITIVE I saw several posts and comments on DCTF FB page that it would be available IN STORES for purchase on/after July 4 but guess not…ugh! IMG_2904.jpeg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like they’re trying to motivate everyone to choose the subscription models.

It is convenient to receive all magazines and have full access to Texan live games, but at $45 annually for the ALL-ACCESS plan, may not be for everyone.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Sounds like they’re trying to motivate everyone to choose the subscription models.

It is convenient to receive all magazines and have full access to Texan live games, but at $45 annually for the ALL-ACCESS plan, may not be for everyone.
Definitely seems that way!! But they sure advertised the FULL VERSION with BOTH Texas vs A&M front cover AND inside fold out featuring The Joseph’s SEVERAL times stating it would be available at LOCAL RETAILERS on or after July 4! So, I wasted a lot of time driving around looking for it…UGH!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
DCTF needs to do better than that!
Yes they do!! I bet they’d have it available for purchase in stores if it featured a DFW or North Texas High School :rolleyes:! I certainly don’t recall this level of bias back when Dave Campbell was alive and running the show!!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Two interesting aspects

None on the sidelines

And mostly
Any team who attempts to do an unofficial “replay review” with an official (show them a play or penalty to show them something they missed) THAT will be a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty.

Reactions: CS

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm. They finally acknowledge tech like HUDL in 2024 or the long existing ability to review video on the sideline. Rather slow recognition and adoption.

Speaking of HUDL, let’s see if they eventually incorporate generative AI with their video analytics into their product to identify play patterns, penalties, etc during gameplay.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Not sure where to put this …. But my son has PNG as a team on college football 25 on his PlayStation - I thought this was really cool!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpeg
    IMG_0512.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 22

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Anybody seen it? Heard it's finally hit the stores.
Got one at Port Neches Market Basket today! I had pretty much given up after I sent a email inquiring about when it would be available at local retailers and was told the only way to get one is pay for a DCTF subscription or wait til after Summer and order a copy from their website…GEEZ!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
In a lot of ways
He’s my prototype RB
Reminds me a lot of John Riggins even though I hated the Redskins back then

We hardly ever got stopped when we ran the counter Trey this year and last year

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores