THIS IS WHAT IT IS REALLY ALL ABOUT

warpaint101

I just got thru reading a post by ( PNG FOREVER) and they have put it better than I have ever seen ,what it means to grow up being a INDIAN and why no matter what the record of the team is .......This is why as a community and true INDIAN fans we should be at the game this Friday when we play Central............

Everyone should be intitled to there opinion but some comments about the kids should just be respected and kept to yourself!!!!!!!!

SO PLEASE READ THIS
BECAUSE I AM SO TIRED OF READING SO MUCH NEGATIVE $#!T ON THIS FORUM

:angry: :angry:

I believe the Indians always win, if not in numbers, in heart. We have CHEROKEE, THE RESERVATION, PURPLE AND WHITE and the list could go on and on. But most of all we have that SPECIAL SPIRIT. It is a spirit that most schools could only dream about. You only know it if you have experienced it. It is a spirit that keeps people coming back. It is felt throughout the community and passed on through generations.

This Friday Night is about the kids. It is about the Seniors. It is the last time they will run out to CHEROKEE and look up in the stands at the PURPLE that has come to support them. It is the last time the Indianettes, Indian Twirlers, drum majors, and Indian Spirit will put on thier headdresses. And the last time the Seniors will perform the Marching I. Let’s try to make it the best for these kids. It is something that they have worked so hard for, to accomplish their dreams since they were lil’ Indians. Saturday morning it will all be over and will be memories for the rest of their life. Let’s make it good one.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great point. Forget about the season record, the coaching, and anything else negative . Enjoy another night in the new stadium, and realize why you're there... to support the 2008 Indians students and athletes. Don't let a losing season rob your spirit. Look for positive things to applaud and cheer for and show the Central fans how it's done.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
My family will also be there win or lose until the game is over and Cherokee is played for the last time this season. Good Luck INDIANS!!!

VegasNDN

I wish I could be there. The person that wrote this post is so on the money. I live 2,000 miles away and I still follow what the boys are doing every year. I read the PA News and the Beaumont Enterprise online almost everyday. Graduating from this school and growing up in this community make you who you are. I may live in Las Vegas, but my heart is there in Texas. Give 'em hell this week!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
There's a lot of people saying "I will be there". One question, where were they last week? We were there. I know I
"mouthed off" and said we were considering not going, but I guarantee you we will be there. I am just extremely frustrated. The stands were half empty and quite a few people left after halftime. We stay until the last second at every game. The boys deserve that respect. IMHO, if things don't change, there will be no tradition left, much less honor and pride. Why can't the band/indianette groups encourage parents to sit back and enjoy the game also? We all watch their children perform at halftime and don't have a child involved. I am not trying to be negative, just realistic. It takes more than talk to continue our great traditions. I apologize if I am stepping on anyone's toes. One thing is for sure---there is NO ONE in the stands who love the Indians more than us.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
True story: The Friday we were playing Lunberton I was coming from out of town to attend the game. I had my purple shirt on and had to stop at the Beaumont Academy for a new thermo's (for hot coco for the game ;D ). As I was pushing my basket down one of the isles a young boy that works there spoke up and said to me, "y'all are going down tonight." I stopped and looked at him and said, "what?" Again the young man smiling said, "y'all are going down tonight. I attend Lumberton and y'all are going down." I responded to him, "probably so" as I started to walk away. Than I stopped and turned around to the young man and asked him if he was going to the game. He replied no that him and some of his friends had other things to do. I walked closer to him, leaned towards him and told him that I had been out of school for almost 30 years now. That I lived out of town and the difference between the school he attends and the school I graduated from is, even though I graduated over 30 years ago and live out of town, I still have school spirit and support my school win or loose. What was his excuse? :woohoo: I than turned around and walked off with my head held high and the cocky kid speechless.... :rocks:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
squaw said:
There's a lot of people saying "I will be there". One question, where were they last week? We were there. I know I
"mouthed off" and said we were considering not going, but I guarantee you we will be there. I am just extremely frustrated. The stands were half empty and quite a few people left after halftime. We stay until the last second at every game. The boys deserve that respect. IMHO, if things don't change, there will be no tradition left, much less honor and pride. Why can't the band/indianette groups encourage parents to sit back and enjoy the game also? We all watch their children perform at halftime and don't have a child involved. I am not trying to be negative, just realistic. It takes more than talk to continue our great traditions. I apologize if I am stepping on anyone's toes. One thing is for sure---there is NO ONE in the stands who love the Indians more than us.

Ummm I wasn't there but my teenage kids were there. I have a much younger child who I took trick or treating. I was making memories with my youngest child just like I did with my other children. There are not many games that I have missed.

lu cards

100+ Posts
squaw said:
opening deer season,halloween and playoff elimination are the culprits for poor attendance.i spoke with friends from nederland and lumberton and there crowds were light also.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

You betcha, the 1IDPURPLEMONSTER will be there with Mrs. 1IDPURPLEMONSTER, sitting our fannies in our new seats. WARNING: If a fight breaks out around me, I am going to give them the evil purple eye and spit "purple love" on them.
Men let's kick some a** this week!!

nissanindian

100+ Posts
also can this time can every ndn fan please stay till at least the last second ticks off the clock in fact i think we should lock the gate

squaw

1,000+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
True story: The Friday we were playing Lunberton I was coming from out of town to attend the game. I had my purple shirt on and had to stop at the Beaumont Academy for a new thermo's (for hot coco for the game ;D ). As I was pushing my basket down one of the isles a young boy that works there spoke up and said to me, "y'all are going down tonight." I stopped and looked at him and said, "what?" Again the young man smiling said, "y'all are going down tonight. I attend Lumberton and y'all are going down." I responded to him, "probably so" as I started to walk away. Than I stopped and turned around to the young man and asked him if he was going to the game. He replied no that him and some of his friends had other things to do. I walked closer to him, leaned towards him and told him that I had been out of school for almost 30 years now. That I lived out of town and the difference between the school he attends and the school I graduated from is, even though I graduated over 30 years ago and live out of town, I still have school spirit and support my school win or loose. What was his excuse? :woohoo: I than turned around and walked off with my head held high and the cocky kid speechless.... :rocks:
Awesome! That is TRUE Indian pride!

warpaint101

One other thing that would be nice is if they could get the jumbotron working so we could see the seniors pics on there last game (even if I have to run a wire myself and hook up my laptop)....................and a Flag for The National Anthem before the game starts.......... :unclesam: :whiteflag: :unclesam: :whiteflag: :unclesam:

modmouse78

100+ Posts
The jumbotron will not be working. The reason behind this is that the pressbox is not finished, and if they hook up the tron, then it would void the warranty. The controls have to be in a closed atmosphere so they don't get wet from excess moisture.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
squaw said:

It was the nigh before opening day of deer season thats were everyone was

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores